71 yo man floats across atlantic ocean

Topic by Tic

Tic

Home Forums MGTOW Central 71 yo man floats across atlantic ocean

This topic contains 16 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by FunInTheSun  FunInTheSun 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    +10
    Tic
    Tic
    Participant

this is one of the craziest stories I’ve heard in a while.
    71 yo French man floated across the atlantic ocean in a specially built floating barrel without an engine or a navigation system. He simply just floated 2930 miles over a 4 month period.

link

A French man who has spent more than four months floating across the Atlantic Ocean in a giant orange barrel has arrived at his Caribbean destination.

Jean-Jacques Savin set off from the Canary Islands, off the coast of Africa, on December 26, 2018 — heading west in a barrel-shaped capsule he’d built himself.
    Savin, 71 at the time of his departure, spent the first four months of 2019 inside his barrel, traveling at about two miles an hour with no engine, and relying entirely on the ocean current to guide his journey.

He surprised locals as he came ashore on the tiny Dutch Caribbean island of St. Eustatius shortly after midnight last week, bringing a mammoth, 2,930-mile journey to a close.
    “Everything has an end … finally, here I am at the end of this adventure,” he wrote on Facebook on Friday, after stepping foot on land for the first time this year.
    A diving center on St. Eustatius welcomed Savin, adding on Facebook that he was also given a room at a hotel on the island, which has a population of just over 3,000.
    “Some joked and ask if they were arresting him on arrival for being so crazy,” St. Eustatius resident Dorette Courtar, who watched his barrel pulled ashore by a crane, told CNN. “Others, like myself, were fascinated by this journey and technology.”
    The septuagenarian traveled alone in his handmade vessel, which measures about 10 feet long and seven feet wide and includes a small kitchen and bed, and space for storage. He fed himself on fish caught from the ocean.
    Savin stowed away a bottle of Sauternes white wine and a block of foie gras for New Year’s Eve. He also had a bottle of Saint-Émilion red to celebrate his birthday in January.
    But most of Savin’s entertainment came from the portholes in his vessel, through which he watched passing fish.
    The trip was not Savin’s first major adventure. He previously worked as a military paratrooper and a private pilot, and climbed Mont Blanc in 2015, according to his project’s website.
    A tracker on board allowed people to follow his progress online and Savin dropped markers on his way to help international marine observatory organization JCOMMOPS study ocean currents.
    Savin had hoped to reach the Caribbean by late March, but missed the mark by just over a month. He still intends to make it to French-owned Guadeloupe by boat, before heading home with his barrel.

God bless peace and freedom.

+11
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

Either:

1. A MGTOW with an adventurous spirit, or
    2. A married guy willing to do anything to get away from a nagging bitch of a wife.

Either way, well done sir, well done.

We all get what we tolerate

+8
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

This man went his own way and is a man among men. Passive power!

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

+8

Either:
    1. A MGTOW with an adventurous spirit, or2. A married guy willing to do anything to get away from a nagging bitch of a wife.
    Either way, well done sir, well done.

I,would not guess married. Wifey would not let him spend time and money making that barrel.

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

+5
    Uchibenkei
    uchibenkei
    Participant

How big was this barrel? How much food and water did he bring?

I bathe in the tears of single moms.

+4
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

It says 10 x 7 feet. And he was eating fish from the ocean. Doesn’t say about water. But his “thing” had a kitchen.

Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. - Lao Tzu

+6
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

F~~~ing BARREL? EaT MY S~~~. F~~~lords.

Like Barrels have SOlar panels.

You are all alone. If you have been falsely accused of RAPE, DV, PLEASE let all men know about the people who did this. http://register-her.net/web/guest/home

+8
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

Like Barrels have SOlar panels.

It’s still just a barrel. My last boat was a Catalina 36 with a full cabin. This guy relied on ocean currents. Now that’s planning. I’m amazed that you can map out your currents so precisely.

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

+6
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

That guy is ballzy. What a story. Amazing accomplishment.

You can't sell a man on what he learned to live without.

+5
    Branched off
    Branched off
    Participant

I hope I get to have some fun like this if/when I retire one day. The secret appears to me to have enough resources by then.

A woman is like fire -fun to play with, can warm you through and cook your food, needs constant feeding, can burn you and consume all you own

+7
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

His b~~~~ are so huge he could have floated across on those.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+5
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

I have to say…. that would be BORING as F%^&

I bet he meditated and had some weird spiritual experience while out at sea for so long.

You can't sell a man on what he learned to live without.

+3
    SESQUI ano est
    SESQUI ano est
    Participant

Awesome achievement. He thought about it and then did it because he knew he could.

Everyday above ground is a good one. Everyday above ground while single...better still.

+1
    Sandals
    Sandals
    Participant

He probably wanted to see if they are chemtrailing over the ocean.

Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

There’s radioactive sh​it from Japan traveled further than that.

+1
    Handsome Vic
    Handsome Vic
    Participant

Hmm. I want one of those.

I'm going my own way. Maybe I'll see you there.

+2
    FunInTheSun
    FunInTheSun
    Participant

Hell, why spend $1000 on a cruise ship with cheesy entertainment when you can barrel roll your way across the sea? Good for him. I’d glad he wasn’t crushed by a cargo ship.

"I saw that there comes a point, in the defeat of any man of virtue, when his own consent is needed for evil to win-and that no manner of injury done to him by others can succeed if he chooses to withhold his consent. I saw that I could put an end to your outrages by pronouncing a single word in my mind. I pronounced it. The word was ‘No.’" (Atlas Shrugged)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.