A Few Words in Favor of Fiat Currency

Topic by Stargazer

Stargazer

Home Forums Money A Few Words in Favor of Fiat Currency

This topic contains 285 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by LEO THE WISE  LEO THE WISE 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 281 through 286 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    +2
    Repulsive Ralf
    Repulsive Ralf
    Participant

If it hasn’t already been mentioned in this thread, the worst thing about Fiat Currency is that it is a handful of private individuals like the Rothchilds who lend Governments non-existent money, the Governments have to pay it back so the books balance back to zero, but Governments also have to pay interest on this non-existant money, 96 million pounds a week in the UK, thats money that could be spent on the NHS.
    Why dont Governments issue their own money?, that way, though they would have to pay it back, at least they wouldn’t have to pay the interest.
    “The Creature from Jekyll Island” is a must read book on the subject.

LEO THE WISE
    LEO THE WISE
    Participant

Fiat currency is definitely wrong, as it’s not valuable in any way.
    Aside the global market value it’s meaningless.
    Maybe for toilet paper purpose or making a fire at best.

There is no means to control this currency and it’s backed by nothing tangible or physical.

Gold and precious metals has been used for several reasons and are valuable even today.
    -Manufacturing properties
    -Metal properties, material use in industries

The value is linked to the difficulty to extract it compared to the aesthetic shinny (more bulls~~~ reason, I admit)

Actually, getting paper and printing on it is not that hard compared to any metal, gold or silver mining or anything physical that needs harder and harder labor to obtain it. The value increase because the availability is smaller and smaller to get new gold or new silver mined.

Only tangible assets are what is directly linked to human survival :
    Water, food-livestock, tools-weapons (means to protect assets and your life), clothing
    Also medicinal herbs, cooking spices, cigarettes : honey, alcohol, bandages

Also : Skills are a good currency : A physician is valuable anywhere in the world.

Interesting but secondly :
    Construction materials (out of clay and wood is still “cheap” somehow)
    Communication means
    valuable means of transaction : silver, platinum, copper, gold

finally luxury goods : Diamonds, rare metals, refined clothing (in a society that is already “wealthy”)
    means of transaction

I would advise to invest and diversify in these above valuable goods (so basically would be close to preparedness).

If you have pesos in USA it’s useless, but if you have gold at least you can exchange it to get food, water… Best is to invest short and long term in what humans truly need. That’s the next “currency” (canned sardines and meat, and veggies)

Leo the wise : Giving to all men their needed uprise My MGTOW YOUTUBE channel, first vid : https://youtu.be/Xt-tJgVUGuI

Stargazer
    Stargazer
    Participant

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Gold isn’t money, it’s currency. Sure, you can use it in electronics and to make dental implants and it’s pretty, but it doesn’t have the kind of intrinsic value that, say, water or booze or honey or salt or rice or real estate have.

At the end of the day, your best bet for investment is not to collect paper or gold or salt or ridiculously large prime numbers, but to collect skill and experience. Make your time and effort useful and meaningful to others and you will survive, regardless of what the medium of value exchange may be.

+1
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

Fiat currency is simply a way to run up an explosive amount if debt. Here in the U.S., the government owes the Federal Reserve a payment of interest every time they want more paper printed and made available to the economy. In this way, our government can never be debt free.
    If we went back to hard currency,…

Oh hell,that’ll never happen.

I don't hate women. I just feel better when they're not around.

IRuleMe
    IRuleMe
    Participant

If it hasn’t already been mentioned in this thread, the worst thing about Fiat Currency is that it is a handful of private individuals like the Rothchilds who lend Governments non-existent money, the Governments have to pay it back so the books balance back to zero, but Governments also have to pay interest on this non-existant money, 96 million pounds a week in the UK, thats money that could be spent on the NHS.
    Why dont Governments issue their own money?, that way, though they would have to pay it back, at least they wouldn’t have to pay the interest.
    “The Creature from Jekyll Island” is a must read book on the subject.

I have that book. In fact, I’ve been to the house in Jekyll Island where the Federal Reserve Act bill was drafted. I’ve been inside. Seen the table where they drafted it. If you live anywhere in the south, and like history and have never been, I suggest you go. Take a few hours on a day off and make the drive.

LEO THE WISE
    LEO THE WISE
    Participant

It is true that gold, silver etc have no intrinsic value for an individual but it has industrial properties, copper for example , platinum as well…Most metals have some value.

It has more value than a piece of paper but it is indeed less usable than other stuff.

To define value is easy : Something that our lives cannot sustain without.
    Primary : Air, water, food, shelter
    Secondary : Energy, Health, Transportation means, communication

Everything that enhances or preserves life is worth of value.
    We live in a society where a bottle of water is cheaper than a silvercoin.

Water will be critical in the future, energy and food are also huge topics. Healthcare will still be around in a way or another (herbal medicine for example in the old times).
    >Cans of food,
    >bottles of water, a well
    >Seeds and Livestock.

Leo the wise : Giving to all men their needed uprise My MGTOW YOUTUBE channel, first vid : https://youtu.be/Xt-tJgVUGuI

Viewing 6 posts - 281 through 286 (of 286 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.