A Primer on Cohabitation and Common-law marriage (US & Canada)

Topic by Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Home Forums MGTOW Central A Primer on Cohabitation and Common-law marriage (US & Canada)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by MgtowWave  MgtowWave 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Blue Skies
    Blue Skies
    Participant

video by yours truly…
    ===

MGTOW is not a movement, it is a way of life.

+2
    Gargamel
    Gargamel
    Participant

Great information!

Get the word out so less men fall into the trap.

:::::: #MANOUT - Uncunt the Mighty Vagina from your life and live as a free man - #ICETHEMOUT ::::::
    +2
    Handsome Vic
    Handsome Vic
    Participant

Good work. Here’s another primer:

Get married
    Cohabitate
    Get divorce raped

I'm going my own way. Maybe I'll see you there.

+2
    Prefer Peace to Piece
    Prefer Peace to Piece
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve been wanting to learn more about this.

+2
    MG-ɹǝʍo┴
    MG-ɹǝʍo┴
    Participant

I’d rather let the buzzards rip me to pieces than let any undeserving woman get anything!

+4
    OldBill
    OldBill
    Participant

When I first saw the title, I was afraid that someone was going to attempt to summarize all the common law and “palimony” statutes and legislation across the Anglosphere.

Once the video began, I was very happy to realize that it was more of a warning against cohabitaton than an explanation of the laws.

Good job, brother. The message in your video cannot be shared enough.

Do not date. Do not impregnate. Do not co-habitate. Above all, do not marry. Reclaim and never again surrender your personal sovereignty.

+2
    Blue Skies
    Blue Skies
    Participant

Great information!

Get the word out so less men fall into the trap.

Good work.

Thanks. I’ve been wanting to learn more about this.

Good job, brother. The message in your video cannot be shared enough.

thank you for your support gents.

+2
    Blue Skies
    Blue Skies
    Participant

main source of the video: http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/common-law-marriages-faq-s-what-states-recognize-common-law.html

+2
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

Cohabitation is a bad idea even in places where there is no common-law marriage. For many reasons, including the one phone call and also, because the law can always change later.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+2
    743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

1 years? damned now I am going to have to add more marriages to my number.

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

+3
    OldBill
    OldBill
    Participant

1 years? damned now I am going to have to add more marriages to my number.

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about when I first saw the thread’s title: That someone would focus on one detail and then assume it held true across all US states and territories, across all Canadian provinces, across all Australian states, across New Zealand, and across the UK.

So, NO, Roadmaster it’s not “one year”. In some places it’s months. In some places there’s no time requirement at all. In other places, common law and cohabitation isn’t even recognized. In still others, it’s only recognized for probate and other purpose. In one US state, some state agencies recognize it while others do not. In another US state, it’s recognized if it happened before a certain date and not recognized if it happened after a certain date.

What you need to do is what Blue Skies warned you to do: Check the laws on the books where you live. Do not assume anything.

Don’t assume the laws stand still either. They’re constantly changing and not for the better. In just a few years British Columbia, for example, went from no common law marriage statute on the books to one written so loosely that it may have made polygamy legal. You need to check the laws where you live and keep an eye out for any changes to them.

In the end, the only way you can be sure is not to cohabitate for any period of time, not even a day.

Do not date. Do not impregnate. Do not co-habitate. Above all, do not marry. Reclaim and never again surrender your personal sovereignty.

+2
    GoodKid44
    GoodKid44
    Participant

video by yours truly…
    ===
    <iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/LOpMY0Fpw_I?feature=oembed” allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=”” width=”500″ height=”281″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Awesome video bro, keep up the good work.

Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

Don’t forget to add in “in Loco Parentis”.
    Or that all she has to do is establish dependency (i.e you paid her rent or bills without written proof of it being a loan) or “establish residency” in YOUR home in “family court” in Canada.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

MgtowWave
    MgtowWave
    Participant

Just Dont Do It .

My best advice .

frankly my dear i don't give a damn

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT