Beer and Zoom.

Topic by Astro

Astro

Home Forums Computers, Games and Technology Beer and Zoom.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Astro  Astro 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

I always seen zoom as my bar but was told it was more like a social club. I was accused of something I could not have done but that was enough, the accusation overrules the truth when we are talking about beer and harder stuff, which I rarely do. The talk is worse than reality IMO but is still there. Therefore, I will leave Zoom if I have more than 6 beers. I made this deal with a fellow MGTOW in which I will not name.
    I set this as a non-formal rule as I have no right to make rules on Zoom, much less MGTOW. Hell, I’m just a little prick with little time here. You can slam a quart of Popcorn Sutton’s shine on zoom and I can’t say s~~~. But as for me, I gave my word to a brother: After six, I am kicked.

+4
    MarketWatcher
    MarketWatcher
    Participant

What happens on zoom stays on zoom. Good rule of thumb to follow though.

At least you have not passed out on camera. Ha!

+3
    It'sallbs
    It’sallbs
    Participant

So do myself and Greg Honda- I go on zoom because I am bored s~~~less climbing the walls in my small apartment-most Americans would be shocked if they saw how small my apartment is.

I wouldn’t worry about it sparky -alcohol is dangerous evil stuff that is insidious and highly addictive though -cut it down bit by bit.

If I am on Zoom I have no more than 6 units you really shouldn’t have more than 28 units in a week or 3 to 4 units per day.

I’m not judging just giving good advice which you will follow if you want to.

This is what 6 units looks like…

Each can is 440ml and boddingtons is week at just 3.5%

so if you had a 4 pack of stronger 5% plus lager it would be more like 10 to 12 units.

http://www.leavemeansleave.eu

+3
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

At least you have not passed out on camera. Ha!

By accusation, I did just that. I flipped over my chair and passed out on the floor in front of the camera.

Funny as I woke up in bed yesterday, well slept. Perhaps my dachshund drug my passed out body from the computer room to the bedroom and threw me on the bed. Not just a good little guy but incredibly strong. Since I booted my wife out, there is no one here but Oscar and I. I guess I underestimated how strong a 23lb dachshund is but that is what I have been accused of and it came from a “Reliable source”. So Oscar must have dragged me across the house to the bedroom, threw me on the bed, put the covers over and kissed me goodnight. A truly amazing little dog. I have shown him more than once on Zoom and mentioned him on threads but WOW! I wonder if he carried my 185lb body on his little back?

Believe whatever you wish but I would like to see this “Reliable Source” in court and I don’t need a lawyer, just Oscar.

+6
    Remove me!
    Remove me!
    Participant

Sparky, whoever is the “reliable source”, I believe him. I’ve seen you drink way too much. You need to get ahold on the drink thing. I like you when your sober, but when you get sauced up, it’s over.
    Check your drinking at the door, bud.

Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free.

+5
    IRuleMe
    IRuleMe
    Participant

Sparky, whoever is the “reliable source”, I believe him. I’ve seen you drink way too much. You need to get ahold on the drink thing. I like you when your sober, but when you get sauced up, it’s over.
    Check your drinking at the door, bud.

I agree with JD. Having a few drinks on zoom is okay. But getting drunk is not. Don’t feel too badly though. You wouldn’t be the first person who had a situation on zoom with regards to alcohol (and probably won’t be the last).

+2
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

I can at least set limits, no problem. I just know I woke up in bed and no one can tell me how I got there if I passed out on the opposite side of my house on camera and on the floor. I want to see the recording because I remember going to bed that day. I want to see my dachshund move my body across the house if my memory is wrong. If you think I am the liar, prove it and don’t just believe what you are told. This is not like a DUI, this is my home and I was being responsible. If I had “Way too much”, that is your opinion and you have every right to have it. That part is settled as I am kicked after six from now on and gave my word. I just want to know how I passed out on the floor yet woke up in a bed on the other side of my house with a bad memory. Who took me there? This is beyond the power of a Dachshund so please explain if you believe this “Reliable Source”. If I was Stone Cold drunk, I couldn’t have done it alone, agreed? So who put me to bed when the doors were locked and the alarm set? I also know that you and I talked but only briefly, I did not see you very long that night. You were in and out. Please tell me of my error and I will bow my head and admit you are correct and I was wrong. How did I wake up in bed?

You know what? It really doesn’t matter. I gave my word to set limits on zoom and I will.

+4

Anonymous

I quit drinking 35 years ago.

+6
    MG-ɹǝʍo┴
    MG-ɹǝʍo┴
    Participant

Alcohol produces estrogen, need I say more? I can, I know allot about alcohol and it’s effects.

Try me?

+1
    MarketWatcher
    MarketWatcher
    Participant

As you always say Sparky, “I’M MGTOW I can do whatever the f~~~ I want.”

I did not hear about you passing out. Don’t worry about it if you did. Just move on.

Astro
    Astro
    Participant

Alcohol produces estrogen, need I say more? I can, I know allot about alcohol and it’s effects.
    Try me?

OK, you made a challenge. According to our laws, it must be safer than the ganga. Correct? I don’t think so but we have what we have.

There was a dude I knew since he was an infant named Eddie, a rather big boy. I would offer him a brew but he insisted on his vodka. He was little more than a vagrant. He presented me with a half starved dachshund because he couldn’t take care of himself, much less a dog. A true vagrant left the dachshund with him. He named the dachshund “Oscar” and it was Love at first sight. Last September, Eddie drank himself to death at 37 and I found the bottle in my driveway. I watched them carry the big guy out stiff from the recliner he was sitting in. Yet he gave me an angel that I think was sent to me from a guy far bigger than Eddie and far more powerful. When my wife boasted of her betrayal during Christmas 2016, I wanted to kill myself and was planning my final trip as I cursed that f~~~ing tree. Then this funny looking dog did this meerkat stance and said: “But what about me and my Love for you?” I swear I heard him say it. I laughed and cried at the same time. I was broke down but he saved my life. It’s all because a drunk gave another drunk a half starved pooch. That is how God works. He has a job for even the most vile drunk. No more talking, I have an eye problem right now….

+4
    Remove me!
    Remove me!
    Participant

I can at least set limits, no problem. I just know I woke up in bed and no one can tell me how I got there if I passed out on the opposite side of my house on camera and on the floor. I want to see the recording because I remember going to bed that day. I want to see my dachshund move my body across the house if my memory is wrong. If you think I am the liar, prove it and don’t just believe what you are told. This is not like a DUI, this is my home and I was being responsible. If I had “Way too much”, that is your opinion and you have every right to have it. That part is settled as I am kicked after six from now on and gave my word. I just want to know how I passed out on the floor yet woke up in a bed on the other side of my house with a bad memory. Who took me there? This is beyond the power of a Dachshund so please explain if you believe this “Reliable Source”. If I was Stone Cold drunk, I couldn’t have done it alone, agreed? So who put me to bed when the doors were locked and the alarm set? I also know that you and I talked but only briefly, I did not see you very long that night. You were in and out. Please tell me of my error and I will bow my head and admit you are correct and I was wrong. How did I wake up in bed?

You know what? It really doesn’t matter. I gave my word to set limits on zoom and I will.

Cut it out, Sparky. We all get it, you think someone caught you passing out on zoom (it wouldn’t surprise me if you did), and you can’t let it go. STOP, JUST STOP! You DO have a drinking problem, because I’ve seen it several times. But, ok, you think you never passed out and you are beating this dead horse.

CUT IT OUT! Let it go and monitor your drinking. I don’t get to the end of my rope very easily, but right now, you have me there.

No response needed.

Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free.

+3
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

As you always say Sparky, “I’M MGTOW I can do whatever the f~~~ I want.”

Yea, I did say that but we have all said something we wish we had not. I have done so countless times. I can hardly make a thread without someone scrolling back to my earlier statements to pin me down. I suppose I had it coming to me. At the same time, I am but a child in the world of MGTOW and children say stupid things. I am no child by age but I am a child in MGTOW membership. I am fully capable to screw things up.

+5
    GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

Sparky, you are correct:

You know what? It really doesn’t matter.

the event is over and hopefully will not occur again.

A qualifying note since you brought it up: Zoom Video sessions are intended as a forum where men can relax and talk about those issues of interest or express concerns. Much like a bar, it is a convenient place for participants to visit and catch up with others in a friendly manner. While the desired atmosphere is casual and low key, much like a bar, there can be drama and unexpected actions as a result of the live interactive nature of Zoom Video Communication systems.

The policies and procedures for MGTOW.com members to use Zoom Video sessions are informal at best and are intended to ensure that sessions are available for use by members whenever needed. A casual relaxing space where men can talk and discuss issues of interest. Members who become intoxicated or under the influence either before joining, or during a Zoom session detract from the overall enjoyment of the session for all other members involved.

Specifically regarding your comment about recordings. Sessions are NEVER recorded by the Zoom Video system. If such recordings exist, there are made by members using a smart phone, mobile device or other digital technology.

The MGTOW.com members who facilitate the administrative functions of Zoom sessions do not record, nor allow anyone else to record using Zoom functions. They in fact go out of their way to remind Zoom session participants that recording is never encouraged nor endorsed for any reason at any time.

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

+6
    PistolPete
    PistolPete
    Participant

Personally I don’t care how much someone drinks, that is their business. If someone gets zooted and goes on Zoom the person running the session can decide whether to punt the person so I don’t see a problem. I used to drink very heavily and ended up having my judgment compromised BUT if someone is going to get drunk and do stupid s~~~ I’d rather they do it on zoom, in the privacy of their own home than out on the street or at a bar or driving etc.

No I really get ripped anymore for health reasons but if I said I didn’t enjoy being ripped I’d be lying…and I don’t lie anymore…ever.

+4
    Old Buck
    Old Buck
    Participant

horse

Don't chase tail. Turn yours around, walk away, and live free!

+4
    It'sallbs
    It’sallbs
    Participant

I don’t get to the end of my rope very easily, but right now, you have me there.

I don’t get to the end of my rope very easily, but right now, you have me there.

http://www.leavemeansleave.eu

+1

Anonymous

I always seen zoom as my bar but was told it was more like a social club. I was accused of something I could not have done but that was enough, the accusation overrules the truth when we are talking about beer and harder stuff, which I rarely do. The talk is worse than reality IMO but is still there. Therefore, I will leave Zoom if I have more than 6 beers. I made this deal with a fellow MGTOW in which I will not name.
    I set this as a non-formal rule as I have no right to make rules on Zoom, much less MGTOW. Hell, I’m just a little prick with little time here. You can slam a quart of Popcorn Sutton’s shine on zoom and I can’t say s~~~. But as for me, I gave my word to a brother: After six, I am kicked.

+2

Anonymous

Astro
    Astro
    Participant

Dang General, I see you as one of my closer friends here. Are you really that upset with me?

OK. I just did fine on zoom tonight as I set limits but if that is how you feel…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

AUG 20 - 1:00 AM PST Renovations on all sections will continue throughout the week. Feel free to browse the top menu for new items. Some pages & posts may need to be reformatted and have images referenced - especially those originally created 4 years ago to make them current. In the mean time, please mind the dust and thank you for visiting. - MGTOW.COM