Blade Runner 2049

Topic by Jim01

Jim01

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Blade Runner 2049

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Gravel Pit  Gravel Pit 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

DUNE was already supposed to be out. …. god damn covid19 bullsh!t

man up means man down

+1
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

I was hoping against hope that Blade Runner 2049 wouldn’t not be an abomination against the original, and for once I didn’t have my hopes dashed. I really loved 2049 — it was a worth sequel.

And I’d buy Joi if; especially if they came out with an android version.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Im glad you didnt bash it. That was the first thing I read today. And while the Protagonist in BLADERUNNER 2049 is somewhat Blue Pill, the movie and the things he does are ultimately not blue pill. In many ways, Joe the bladerunner is a Man Going His Own Way.

The LA Police/Madam ordered him to find and kill the child (‘bubble-chick’) … instead, he goes his own way.

The Replicant Rebellion people (his own kind) ask him to kill Deckard … instead, he goes his own way.

Wallace/Luv want him to divulge where the child is hiding so that Wallace can create Replicants who can breed. He ends up killing Luv and helping Deckard escape Wallace.

This story is about a man helping another man

Its beautiful story really. About a hated, disposable man who is treated as less than human. He loses everything, including the one thing he cares about (Joi) and he forfeits his life to help ensure another guy doesnt lose the thing he loves.

man up means man down

Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

A youtube comment, about Interstellar not winning Best Picture and debunking the claim it wasnt Woke

It had alot of wokeness in it actually but Im with you in spirit. Portraying women as STEM leaders and astronauts, and vilifying the Farm guy by making him hostile and unwilling to help his children… (misandry). How about the fact that the entire premise is Climate Change? That is full woktard all the way.

The reason it didnt win Best Picture is because the film is a black pill even with the whole “love transcends spacetime” theme… The movie is NOT a happy movie. Its wrought with crying, betrayal, human extinction, dark color tones and grieving. Couple that with confusing science and physics — its too much for blue haired hippies and plastic Follywood types to appreciate.

And that is what angers me about the film because it was two scenes away from becoming the #1 Sci Fi film of all time, even surpassing 2001 or Bladerunner or Alien… They had a perfect film but went for the PG-13 and kept human sexuality out of it and also we are left hanging with no Contact with the “Bulk Beings” … no boobs and no alien contact even after “they”(us, whoever) were the ones who put the wormhole there in the first place…

Its still a Top Ten of all time. But until they need a Rated R sequel.

Perhaps tie it in with the Septapods we met in Arrival who we’re supposed to help several centuries in the future? We need a REAL Sci Fi movie!!! Several centuries in to the future and set 1000s of lightyears away from Earth and anything we are familiar with. I want to see the Septipods homeworld. I want to see the Bulk Beings. I want to see humans made Generational Ships, Oneil cylinders and Dyson Swarms. Lets see HUMAN sexuality for crying outloud, they treat us like we’re 10 year olds. Lets see breast, Aliens, real space ships, gore, Black Pills.. Stop feeding us this bedtime story crap about women being heroes… How about women being Wives and Mothers for a change?

man up means man down

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.