Building A Custom Build Computer Business

Topic by ResidentEvil7

ResidentEvil7

Home Forums Computers, Games and Technology Building A Custom Build Computer Business

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Monk  Monk 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    +1
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

Remember in the past when I complained and felt bad that I spent a lot of money and time building a gaming desktop PC and lost a lot of time and money on it? Well, I’m not willing to give up the business dream just yet? I saw on YouTube that there are videos on how to start a business building and selling custom gaming PC machines. I haven’t seen one yet, I just noticed it now. I love computers for the past 20 years and all my life I also enjoy putting things together and building things (mainly puzzles) and I want to do this to make some money since no one wants to hire me to do anything. I don’t want to give up on my computer business dream if there’s still a way of doing it. I got burned once trying it out and so I don’t make that mistake again, I want to learn what it is I did wrong and correct it.

This is a man's world and we men must take it by the throat and make it give us everything we desire!

+2
    Gerald
    Gerald
    Participant

Custom build shops used to be big. I havent seen one in years.

No longer can we walk away, we must run. Remove the motive power.

+2
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Computers – as in laptops and desktops – are definitely on the way out. It’s all Smartphones now.

+2
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

Computers – as in laptops and desktops – are definitely on the way out. It’s all Smartphones now.

You can’t use Smartphones for everything. There are some things even a phone can’t do, but a PC can.

This is a man's world and we men must take it by the throat and make it give us everything we desire!

+2
    FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

Why does no one want to hire you to do anything?

What SKILLS are in demand in your area? Gain them. If you are good with computers, start with a data entry position somewhere, and then move up. Or work at a store selling computers or in their repair department — better than not working.

The main starting point is to show up on time, work hard, do what you’re told, then do MORE than is expected.

Or get into software development and web development; you can do that from home. Learn databases and database administration. In my opinion, this will be far more lucrative than custom builds — custom builds were a profitable area a decade ago, not so much so now.

I’m not trying to be negative, but instead to give useful advice.

+2
    Awakened
    Awakened
    Participant

The “computer guys” that I use for repairs and to purchase laptops from do it on the side. They both do a lot of both DAILY, and also have a part-time business where they buy laptops in need of repair/refurbishment from places like e-bay, and then they go through them, and sell them on Craigslist.

There’s not a ton of money to be made, but if you’re GOOD, FAST, REASONABLY PRICED, and UP TO DATE with both your hardware and software; you can make a few bucks out of your apartment.
    If you’re NOT any of the above, I wouldn’t waste MY TIME, ENERGY, EFFORT, or MONEY.

Do you have ALOT of both Hardware and Software CURRENT EXPERIENCE????

In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash

+1
    Autolite
    Autolite
    Participant

I’ve built/refurbished/repaired a bunch of computers for myself and friends. I did it for my friends as favours. I don’t think that I would want to try and make any money at it. It was more of a hobby than anything else. Best of luck…

Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Duplicate post.

+1
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

You can’t use Smartphones for everything. There are some things even a phone can’t do, but a PC can.

To all intents and purposes, Smartphones are PC’s. It’s just a question of time before PC’s (think desktop, tower, laptop), are eliminated completely. Sales of these are falling rapidly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.