Cheapest divorce ever

Topic by dawson1

Dawson1

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce Cheapest divorce ever

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Dawson1
    dawson1
    Participant

I was married for 15 years to a serial cheater who pretty much took me to the cleaners. Working hard all my life , setting myself up for an early retirement and this bitch took all of that away. My divorce cost me roughly 300k which isnt a ton of money to some people but it’s all I had at the time.
    I was talking to a coworker the other day and he was telling me of his divorce and what it was costing him. He used legalzoom and his costs…EVERYTHING……cost him 280 bucks. His exwife didnt fight it, they came to an amicable decision on property and credit cards and he even got her to pay 100 of the 280 from the divorce costs. Unbelieveable!!

+5

Anonymous

WTF?

$300k is a ton of money, let’s be real. Yeah, “to some” it’s not. “Some” being millionaires.

$300k is a lifetime of freedom for me. That’s priceless. I am about halfway there.

Are you saying your divorce LEGAL COSTS were $300k, or that is the figure for your legal costs plus your wife’s share of the booty?

At present I don’t know if you’re comparing apples with apples, the $180 paid by your coworker relates only to the legal costs.

+7
    Awakened
    Awakened
    Participant

Those who have little, have little to lose.

Divorce SUCKS for everyone else….

In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash

+5
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

Those who have little, have little to lose.

And those that had everything lost nothing. It wasn’t worth sheeeit in the first place. And, it was never your life to begin with. Start living yours today.

You are all alone. If you have been falsely accused of RAPE, DV, PLEASE let all men know about the people who did this. http://register-her.net/web/guest/home

+7
    WPL
    WPL
    Participant

My ex-wife and I didn’t have any major disagreements over dividing property. She just felt that moving out and going to live with “Chad Badboy” was the end of things with me, and she ignored the fact that moving out does not, in itself, legally end a marriage.

So, there were a LOT of billable attorney hours spent in just trying to get her to respond and state what she wanted, going back and forth on minor edits of an agreement (which took over 4 months to complete… prenup said that such an agreement should be done in TWO WEEKS, but she ignored that, too).

Early on, I basically told her, “I know you’re cheating — let me name you in an at-fault suit and we’ll be divorced in 3 months for $450 in filing fees”… but she had to drag everything out, thinking that she’d be able to get a no-fault divorce (which requires a period of separation) and alimony, thanks to advice from the Hive. In the end, she was STILL found at-fault on grounds of adultery, which means a permanent and unreviewable bar against alimony.

+5
    Dark Kenshi
    Dark Kenshi
    Participant

The cheapest divorce is the one where you never married in the first place.

"Young was I once, I walked alone, and bewildered seemed in the way; then I found me another and rich I thought me, for man is the joy of man." Odin, Hàvamàl, stanza 47.

+3
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

This is the cheapest divorce ever:

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+4
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

The cheapest divorce is the one where you never married in the first place.

Well, technically, if she was the larger wage earner, no kids involved, than you could actually gain money from the divorce. There is still likely to be an emotional cost from the divorce.

Ok. Then do it.

+2

Anonymous

Early on, I basically told her, “I know you’re cheating — let me name you in an at-fault suit and we’ll be divorced in 3 months for $450 in filing fees”… but she had to drag everything out, thinking that she’d be able to get a no-fault divorce (which requires a period of separation) and alimony, thanks to advice from the Hive. In the end, she was STILL found at-fault on grounds of adultery, which means a permanent and unreviewable bar against alimony.

Well done sir. Be thankful you married a dumb bitch, lol!

+3
    Dawson1
    dawson1
    Participant

WTF?
    $300k is a ton of money, let’s be real. Yeah, “to some” it’s not. “Some” being millionaires.
    $300k is a lifetime of freedom for me. That’s priceless. I am about halfway there.
    Are you saying your divorce LEGAL COSTS were $300k, or that is the figure for your legal costs plus your wife’s share of the booty?
    At present I don’t know if you’re comparing apples with apples, the $180 paid by your coworker relates only to the legal costs.

Rental houses , half my pension , personal property and legal costs totaled 314k…..
    Three weeks after the divorce was final I had the bright idea of drowning my sorrows in a bottle of 1800 and hopped on my chopper. ……blew a .27 …possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever done besides getting married.

+2

Anonymous

WTF?$300k is a ton of money, let’s be real. Yeah, “to some” it’s not. “Some” being millionaires.$300k is a lifetime of freedom for me. That’s priceless. I am about halfway there.Are you saying your divorce LEGAL COSTS were $300k, or that is the figure for your legal costs plus your wife’s share of the booty?At present I don’t know if you’re comparing apples with apples, the $180 paid by your coworker relates only to the legal costs.

Rental houses , half my pension , personal property and legal costs totaled 314k…..Three weeks after the divorce was final I had the bright idea of drowning my sorrows in a bottle of 1800 and hopped on my chopper. ……blew a .27 …possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever done besides getting married.

F~~~ man. I should feel luckier I’ve always been such a ‘commitment phobe’.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.