Cyberpunk 2077 RPG E3 2018 Preview (Game engine footage)

Topic by Faust For Science

Faust For Science

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Cyberpunk 2077 RPG E3 2018 Preview (Game engine footage)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Turquoise Turtle  Turquoise Turtle 2 hours, 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    +5
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

Cyberpunk 2077 RPG E3 2018 Preview (Game engine footage)

For that do not know, Cyberpunk 2077 is CD Projekt Red, a Polish company, and the makers of the Witcher Game series. Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the 1980’s pin and paper Cyberpunk RPG game. CD Red even brought in people whom made the original game to help with the creation of the game.

The game has been on the back burner for six years. Not anymore.

The preview takes place as the last preview of the X-box/Microsoft E8 presentation and the preview stole the show.

The preview uses game engine footage from the game.

From the preview it looks like Grand Theft Auto as a cyberpunk, in a very good way. It is worth a watch:

+3
    GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

Read Gibson’s “Neuromancer, Burning Chrome” and others in the mid 80’s, watched Blade Runner in the theatre and played the RPG in the late 80’s.

The movie was fantastic, books were OK and the RPG allowed you to run around being an anarchist but not much else. While discussed in all three venues, there was no practical Internet available and neural networking was just discussion.

35 years later and the vision of “Cyber Punk” has finally reached a point in time to flurish.

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

+2
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

Read Gibson’s “Neuromancer, Burning Chrome” and others in the mid 80’s, watched Blade Runner in the theatre and played the RPG in the late 80’s.

The movie was fantastic, books were OK and the RPG allowed you to run around being an anarchist but not much else. While discussed in all three venues, there was no practical Internet available and neural networking was just discussion.

35 years later and the vision of “Cyber Punk” has finally reached a point in time to flurish.

Yea. We are living in a cyberpunk era. The only thing is that cultural situation is currently not depressing. With the way politics is going, the situation is more hilarious than sad.

I am hoping we will see more information on this game. At least the preview answered the first two questions in the first five seconds. A basic map of the city and transport, which will likely be the subway.

People are complaining this was not a gameplay trailer. Well, it probably cost a lot just for this for E3. And CD Red is not a large company.

I hope for more information by CD Red in the coming days at E3.

+3
    Narrow road traveler
    narrow road traveler
    Participant

Cyberpunk is an untapped genre. Bladerunner, Nueromancer, Shadowrun, are 80’s dystopian playgrounds.

I may now purchase an xbox 1, or PS4 to play this type of game. The genre is one of my favorites.

The Fallout titles profited from 50’s utopia gone horribly wrong. The playable character is navigating the wasteland.

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077, puts out 80’s uptopia gone horribly wrong. Hopefully the playable character navigating that wasteland will be a satisfying experience.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. --Sun Tsu

Turquoise Turtle
    Turquoise Turtle
    Participant

Cyberpunk 2077 is CD Projekt Red, a Polish company, and the makers of the Witcher Game series.

I took a nearly 20-year hiatus from playing video games but recently bought a cheap used Xbox One X off my friend … I was going to get Cyberpunk 2077 because the trailer looks awesome but after seeing the terrible reviews, I decided to pass … The game apparently doesn’t hold up a steady frame rate and consistently freezes/crashes the console. Did you get the game, is this true?

"I'm the last of my guy friends to have never gotten married, and their wives—they don't want them playing with me. I'm like the escaped slave—I bring news of freedom." ~ Bill Maher

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.