Dark Days for DOW 30 nosedive Oct2020?

Topic by Gravel Pit

Gravel Pit

Home Forums Money Dark Days for DOW 30 nosedive Oct2020?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Grumpy  Grumpy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    +3
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Ive succumbed to emotion again and lost about $2000. Haven’t sold the short yet but getting slayed proper the last 6 hours by Cardano. Its Ironic that I bet against my own long term hold, by selling all of it and shorting it while its setting higher highs. Im hopeless. The mfer went up 20% in a day… after I sell all of it.

Any thoughts on whats about to happen in the Market? Looks like the DOW Jones set a confirmed down trend for September, lower highs and lower lows, getting steeper of a decline too and broke that upward channel we’ve been seeing all Summer

I dont trust my instincts anymore, Im too defeated today by the giant loss I took, but I think the DOW JONES is about to look like it did in March…

man up means man down

+3
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Why do I stare at the screen while Im losing all my money and do nothing? This has happened many times. I lose thousands in minutes, staring in disbelief, unable to do anything about it.

I dont think I can handle it anymore. Totally defeated, resignation. Just leaving it as a short and walking away, fvck the entire value of my portfolio. They can have the whole thing.

man up means man down

+5
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

The markets are rigged. Unless you are foreigner, whom can legally trade with insider information, do not put shorts in the market, or you will likely lose your shorts.

+3
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

There are only “2” real times to buy into any market safely, and the window of time for either of them is relatively short,(given you know them).

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+5
    743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

I am all in all the time, I buy in every market. I plan on buying on Monday and again on Thursday. I have seen more nose dives then I care to count. The only thing it means to me is getting to buy stock at a discount.

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

+2
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

You know you have two choices:

-Stop messing with high-risk investments and go safe, saving up money by working and investing in low-risk things,

-or keep doing it and lose everything, every fuc.king time.

+2
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

I think your SPidey Senses are correct man. I need to stop this craziness. What the fvck was I thinking.

Too all others Trading or whatever, good luck. Next time I see the EXIT sign I will be getting my sh!t and getting out.

I was trying to make $160 … thats it, ended up in the hole $2,500 right now. Im freaking retarded.

man up means man down

+3
    EG
    EG
    Participant

Why do I stare at the screen while Im losing all my money and do nothing?

Sounds like you’re not doing nothing and that’s the problem. Are you freaking out when the market drops and selling your stocks, sealing in your losses? Stop doing that. Just stare at the screen till the numbers come back up.

Let every dollar of these woke companies’ marketing budgets be lost on you as MGTOW

+3
    EG
    EG
    Participant

I moved some cash to equities when I thought the market might be done dropping and I promptly lost 150 bucks once the sale went through. It’ll come back up.

Let every dollar of these woke companies’ marketing budgets be lost on you as MGTOW

+4
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Stockbrokers make their money out of you gambling with yours. Like bookies, they don’t gamble.

+4
    FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

Gravel: Some people can make money trading cryptocurrency or day trading. I would say MOST people can’t. I’ve never tried it, but suspect I could NOT — due to the demands of constantly watching markets, the discipline to sell out of a position to cut losses, lack of social connections to market movers and shakers to keep my ear to the ground, and a wide range of other reasons.

So I just invest long term. I am a big saver, even in my 20’s I saved half my income and by 30 I owned my home. My first job I earned $36K salary in 1993. I put around $10K into the market.

After 27 years, what would that return look like, inflation adjusted for that year only for the $10K? You can calculate it. https://dqydj.com/dow-jones-return-calculator/

Assuming all dividends were re-invested, it would be around $72K inflation-adjusted — that is an average performance assuming the fund or equities performed identically to the DJIA index. So boring fund investments or DRIPS (dividend reinvestment programs) are your friend.

It does not take much savings in your 20’s to set yourself up to become a millionaire in your 40’s or 50’s. You’re still younger than me by 15 years. So there is still lots of time.

So maybe give this a try. But set up a ‘trial’ account where you calculate what losses/gains would have been with crypto or day trading — once/if you reach a point where you have good returns in the trial account, start the riskier plays again but only after DEMONSTRATED competence. It is too costly for you to lose $15K — because that $15K will be worth so much more in 30 years in the boring investments.

Also try plugging in different scenarios; let’s say I was 13 years older, and put the $10K in in 1980 and was retiring in 2020 at 62 years old. Then my $10K is worth $300,000 — though I grant $10K in 1980 dollars is worth more than $10K in 1993 dollars this still really should give you the motivation to save and invest — this is the power of compounded interest. And you really MUST include dividend reinvestment in calculating returns. Stock market returns are so-so if you don’t count them.

I don’t know what’s happening in the short term. But if Oct 2020 is a crash, I will buy IN — I am set up in a margin account and if market drops 50% I will plow 50% of the available margin into it immediately (use my current assets to borrow money and buy 50% of their value in additional stock) — I’m currently not using any margin. And every liquid dollar I have will be put in. So that is my strategy. If there isn’t a big crash I’ll continue to buy in at the dips.

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

I fully expect the Dow to keep falling to 26000 – 25800 … circuit breakers might be hit anyday.

Then it will trade sideways into THankxgiving. After that, a nasty slow slide back to March lows.

IMHO, a head and shoulders pattern on the daily is being created … or in laymens terms, all that Vee Shape recovery will be wiped out by year end.

Not saying to short it or play leverage, but Im shorting and trading, anticipating a downward slope. Trading crypto, specifically ADADOWN and ADAUP on Binance. Im actually down for the last 3 weeks, but have rapidly gained it all back in the last 7 days..

Crypto is not actiing like a safe haven so I sold all mine and fully expect it to dive with the DOW.

I have ZERO confidence in the DOW or traditional stock market. I dont think tech stocks will do will either. Its ALL a bubble and new great depression is coming. JUST MY OPINION.

I think Gold and Crypto will end up on time, by this time next year, alot of peple will wish theyd sold all those stinking Apples and Tesla stocks for GOLD. Gold and cyrpto will go down too, but they will rise back fast, whereas all else will be stuck on the bottom. Its a Great Depression coming. Trump winning or not, doesnt matter, the economy is a house of cards.

man up means man down

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Its plainly evident that whales are playing games to achieve liquidity at higher prices. THis ship is sinking

man up means man down

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

DOW at 20,000 or lower, by Feb 2nd 2021 JUST OPINION LOL

man up means man down

+2
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Figure if I spread enough FUD here I can get you old farts to sell your bags …. LOL

man up means man down

+1
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

Figure if I spread enough FUD here I can get you old farts to sell your bags …. LOL

Yeah yeah, you young punk. LOL

Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

CRAP….
    Now I have to try to remember where I buried them.

Seriously though, anytime I decide to “invest” in the stock markets I only put in what I think I can afford to lose.
    I dont bank on the returns or balances (since 1991) because the reported value and the actual cash-in value are usually substantially different especially after the government takes their share.
    As the old adage goes, a fool and his/her money are soon parted. I however, am an investment (stock market) idiot.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.