Divorce rate in American is Complicated

Topic by TaxGuy

TaxGuy

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce Divorce rate in American is Complicated

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by CPT Obvious  CPT Obvious 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    +8
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/actual-divorce-rate-america-complicated-220839362.html

This article tries to dispel the myth that 50% of all marriages end in divorce. They are trying to say that it’s almost impossible to know and that maybe you should redefine a successful marriage as one that lasts say 30 years before you get divorced.

What a shameful article. Just another attempt to hide the fact that a marriage contract is a s~~~ deal for a guy and he should never sign one. Yeah, let’s redefine a “successful” marriage contract as one that lasts for 30 years before you split up the assets you worked for with the ex. A successful marriage contract involves the man working his ass off from 25-55 for Judy and the kids, all the while being told that he’s not good enough. He’s maybe the real father of one of the three kids. Then at 55 she cleans him out and he pays alimony for the rest of his life while she retires on half his s~~~ plus the future pension payment from him. Never mind the fact that the alimony payment assumes that he never stops working, because nobody gives a f~~~ if he ever stops working.

I know whose selling this bulls~~~. I’m just hoping it’s getting harder and harder to find customers.

We all get what we tolerate

+10
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

The divorce rate is the rate at which those who once said I do, say I don’t and hovers around 60% with 90% of divorces initiated by women when all is said and done. The rest is pro marriage propaganda. Nothing a little red pill won’t cure.

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

+5
    Bstoff
    bstoff
    Participant

The marriage failure rate is 100%

+4
    Mr. Spock
    Mr. Spock
    Participant

Article was written by a woman. When the numbers tell a story that is negative to your agenda you simply change the parameters of the study until you get a more favorable number. Who would benefit from this? WOMEN. If you tell a man that marriage is bad and cite the divorce rate as one of the reasons, a high percentage number would confirm what that man is being told. Women don’t want that now do they? A lower percentage number might make a man a little more skeptical about the credibility of why marriage is bad for a man.
    The divorce rate in America is not complicated but spinning marriage so that it still looks attractive to men IS.

Feminism isn't about equality with men, it's about leverage over men.

+4
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Article was written by a woman. When the numbers tell a story that is negative to your agenda you simply change the parameters of the study until you get a more favorable number.

Distorting reality, bending the facts to fit the theory. Moving the goalposts, legalising the illegal.

Then claiming that there’s no problem/it’s all a success.

Typical leftist/female thinking.

+5
    Won'tGetFooledAgain
    Won'tGetFooledAgain
    Participant

It doesn’t matter if the divorce rate is 40%, 50% or even 60% what percentage of the people who remain married are actually happy? As stated above 90% of divorce is instigated by women as they are the ones who believe the grass is greener and they “deserve to be happy”. For men divorce is financial suicide, the only ones who file for divorce are the ones forced to because they discover their wife is cheating. I am in the 10% who filed for divorce for this very reason.

I personally don’t know a single person who is married who talks about their partner in any sort of positive way. Women are always going on about how their husbands are useless and lazy, men moan that their wives waste too much money and don’t want to have sex with them anymore. Lets be honest, the majority of marriages are just convenient and it is easier just to stay together and be unhappy than risk being single again.

The thing is, for a man there is no safe period in marriage as divorce can happen at any time. I am one of the lucky ones, it happened at 40 so I have time to earn more money and sort myself out. Imagine you are 65, looking forward to a quiet retirement and your wife decides she doesn’t want you around the house all day so divorces you. Imagine being homeless and broke at 65.

The inconvenient truth is that marriage is too risky for men these days. There is no benefit for men and they risk losing everything due to the contract they signed.

For women, everything eventually boils down to Alpha Fucks, Beta Bucks.

+2
    End
    End
    Participant
    +2

Anonymous

Accountability. They have no agency.

Being held to account for your actions is usually a great deterrent, but when you’re a conniving trickster and the law, and society’s affirmation that women are victims… why not suck a good guy dry and move on to another.

She knows how to play the game.
    The government is on her side.
    Friends and family will be there for her.
    You will be half a man when it is over.
    Someone else is ready to take your place.

Want to play this game again? She will.

+2
    Sky-O
    Sky-O
    Participant

Regardless of the divorce rate.

The infidelity rate is:

Any women that has a sex drive and attractive enough to secure sexual partners outside of her primary relationship, will in fact cheat and do so as often as she desires, with no real consequences for her actions.

Now, I’m not sure what the percentage number is (%) but that is the deal regarding infidelity and it does not need to have a percentage number attached to it for the cold, hard truth of the situation to stand on it’s own in the absence of a percentage.

Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

Meh
    No it is not “complicated”.

1). The divorce rate is 100%, regardless of country or any other “metric” one wants to employ in order to attempt justify any other interpretation of it.
    2). Divorce is 100% successful. Each and every time, period. Look it up, how many failed divorces do you read about vice “failed marriages”.
    3). At absolute minimum 1 out of 2 marriages end in divorce (that is 50%). Go ahead and extrapolate that, if 1 million marriages fail it is still 50%, or 1 out of 2 marriages end due to divorce.
    4). 9 out of 10 divorces are initiated by the wife (that is the 90%)
    5). Add in the other forms of “divorce” aka the female getting monetary/asset compensation for her time in said “relationship” using any type of verbiage to justify the unjust enrichment of herself(regardless of cause of the “breakdown of the relationship”) and that will skew all the math one uses.

IMHO,
    a). Marriage/relationships is the leading factor in divorces being “successful”, without the former the latter would be 0%.
    b). All marriages are 100% successful right up until it fails (or more cynically, when a man says “I do” or “yes dear”.
    c). All divorces are 100% successful.
    d). I’m not interested in participating in a endeavor where I am held 100% liable for the whims and feelings of anyone else.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+2
    Beer
    Beer
    Participant

I’m not interested in participating in a endeavor where I am held 100% liable for the whims and feelings of anyone else.

Pretty much this…and I don’t even really care what the official divorce statistic is because when I look around at my friends, family, and coworkers between all those with a divorce under their belt and/or currently in a miserable marriage I KNOW the odds of me marrying once and being relatively happy with the decision until one of us dies is pretty much 0%. So in the end I’d just be legally accepting liability for something that is almost certain to blow up in my face. No thanks.

+2
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

I have four best friends from high school and we get together once a year.

Of the five of us, only one didn’t divorce. So the most obvious divorce rate for this sample size is EIGHTY PERCENT.

I feel this is an accurate reflection of current rate in America.

However those are abysmal odds, so our cultural writers change the criteria. Most common is to exclude a divorce remarried.

Presto! Two friends have remarried so divorce rate is only 40%

"You don't know a woman till you have met her in divorce court."
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.