Dowries

Topic by Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce Dowries

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by M52  M52 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    +2
    Zarathustra
    Zarathustra
    Participant

My best friend got married a few years ago. The woman he met was from a rich family and the family not only bought them a house (paid for free and clear) but also put my friend through law school – the whole meal ticket, tuition, books, etc…

Seems to me what my friend got, essentially, was a dowry. Even if he got divorced, which is unlikely, he wouldn’t be divorce raped because he got a free house, which split 50-50 or even 30-70 or whatever, would leave him ahead, plus even if he had to be paying alimony his income would be substantially higher from having his law school paid for, than if he had married.

Just wondering if this were the norm if more of you would reconsider marriage?

+3
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

No.

For us at least, it’s not about cash and prizes.

+1
    Trailboss
    Trailboss
    Participant

No bitch could have enough money in the world to tempt me again! It ain’t about money or things. It’s about self respect and personal sovereignty. No drama and no having to answer to anyone for anything. AWALT. #MANOUT!

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.

+1
    DarkRyu
    DarkRyu
    Participant

I have too much self respect to marry for money. Of course, if the bitch isn’t after your money, there’s a better chance of her actually giving a s~~~ about you and actually wanting YOU rather than what you can GIVE to her. So maybe a rich bitch is the way to go. F~~~ if I know. I’ll never know either because there’s no way in F~~~ I’d ever marry.

+1
    Zarathustra
    Zarathustra
    Participant

have too much self respect to marry for money. Of course, if the bitch isn’t after your money, there’s a better chance of her actually giving a s~~~ about you and actually wanting YOU rather than what you can GIVE to her. So maybe a rich bitch is the way to go. F~~~ if I know. I’ll never know either because there’s no way in F~~~ I’d ever marry.

I agree with you. I still wouldn’t marry as I don’t want to lose my sovereignty but a dowry might be attractive to those who are only worried about financial losses. I was also thinking this is an example of how he marriage contract has changed for the worse for men because in may societies in the past a dowry was offered, acknowledging that the woman brought little to the table to account for her hold on a man’s resources and labour. It might be chickens and a goat but at least the man was given something for taking on this burden

+1
    Carnage
    Carnage
    Participant

If I had to choose between a hot rich woman and a bullet, I wold shoot my selft twice.

To those following me, be careful, I just farted. Men those beans are killers.

+2
    Gnostic
    Gnostic
    Participant

And to risk nagging, drama, false accusation, children poison against me, chad STD / child for something I can earn myself?

There is no magic in MGTOW, just recognition of the truth and logical decision how to avoid dangers. The red pill is but the truth, it is no magical potion. Do not think in this modern world men have no longer have natural enemies, men are prey to women and government.

+2
    Beer
    Beer
    Participant

I just don’t see any reason to get married. Once upon a time I think it meant something…you’d marry a young virgin and more than likely be with her for life, that would be the person you’d have kids with, you both had duties to fulfill your gender role, and to a large extent society would police these things.

These days though…you have gays marrying, a 50% divorce rate, way too f~~~ing many single moms, most women don’t want to marry until they’ve ridden the carousel for a decade or more and hit the wall, and if she does not fulfill her end of the bargain no longer will society s~~~ on her for being a s~~~ty woman, wife, and mother, instead she just has to make a phone call and suddenly your branded a dead beat wife beater. It just doesn’t mean anything to me anymore other than people signing a marriage contract are morons.

If I had to get married, yeah, I think it would be a better deal if she brought something to the table financially, but preferably I don’t even desire to be in a relations~~~, let alone ever get married.

Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

Were I a man in a position to accept such an offer, would I?
    No, I believe I would decline as the dowry would never cover even the interest on the cost of maintaining a woman, and the unavoidable consequential variables that would no doubt increase the costs for any term length.
    Giving me a dollar to take on and service a million dollar liability isn’t such a good deal IMHO.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+1
    M52
    M52
    Participant

My best friend got married a few years ago. The woman he met was from a rich family and the family not only bought them a house (paid for free and clear) but also put my friend through law school – the whole meal ticket, tuition, books, etc…

Seems to me what my friend got, essentially, was a dowry. Even if he got divorced, which is unlikely, he wouldn’t be divorce raped because he got a free house, which split 50-50 or even 30-70 or whatever, would leave him ahead, plus even if he had to be paying alimony his income would be substantially higher from having his law school paid for, than if he had married.

Just wondering if this were the norm if more of you would reconsider marri

NO, NEVER, PERIOD

Retired from the Wars.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

AUG 20 - 1:00 AM PST Renovations on all sections will continue throughout the week. Feel free to browse the top menu for new items. Some pages & posts may need to be reformatted and have images referenced - especially those originally created 4 years ago to make them current. In the mean time, please mind the dust and thank you for visiting. - MGTOW.COM