Ex wants to get back together – version 3

Topic by TaxGuy

TaxGuy

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce Ex wants to get back together – version 3

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Monk  Monk 19 minutes ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    +5
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

I was talking to the ex last night. Way too long of a conversation for me but couldn’t find a polite way to end it. Eventually she starts up with what a good guy I am, blah blah blah. Then hits me with the “Do you ever think about getting back together?” “Sorry, no I don’t”.

For the record this is the third try. Give her credit for her persistence.

Also for the record, I made my last alimony payment last December. And her business is taking a hit because of the economy. Gee, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.

Hopefully third time’s a charm. I’m not really sure what part of no is so hard to understand.

Have a great weekend gentlemen. And Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

Order the good wine

+2
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

“Sorry, no I don’t”.

I never apologize for the mistreatment I received from others. Especially an ex.
    I also don’t apologize for my lack of interest in my ex’s on any level.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+2
    NerdTunneler
    NerdTunneler
    Participant

awwwwwhhhhhh…she misses you…i mean….she misses YOUR MONEY…
    good call…

I stand with feet apart and let my balls hang free...Manginas dont have balls...See how they stand and sit at the whim of their masters...

+3
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Participant

I was talking to the ex last night. Way too long of a conversation for me but couldn’t find a polite way to end it. Eventually she starts up with what a good guy I am, blah blah blah. Then hits me with the “Do you ever think about getting back together?” “Sorry, no I don’t”.
    For the record this is the third try. Give her credit for her persistence.
    Also for the record, I made my last alimony payment last December. And her business is taking a hit because of the economy. Gee, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.
    Hopefully third time’s a charm. I’m not really sure what part of no is so hard to understand.
    Have a great weekend gentlemen. And Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

stop talking to her, by doing so you go back to an orbiter status, however unwilling you actually are doesnt matter because facts and reality don’t matter, as you keep talking to her, you keep legitimizing her access to you

she sees she still has that power with you

take it all back

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

He probably can’t stop talking to her, because of children. Try the truth: ‘I want to retire early, do what I want when I want, and prefer the freedom of the single life.’ Or if you want to keep it civil put it on you and say you’re not a good catch, haha. Or, even funnier, make something funny up, like you prefer Men to women, and see how long it takes the gossip to spread back to male friends!

Taxguy: What was your savings rate (percent of income saved) BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER the marriage? For the ‘AFTER’, also include child support and alimony.

TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

He probably can’t stop talking to her, because of children.

Correct. They both live with her.

Taxguy: What was your savings rate (percent of income saved) BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER the marriage? For the ‘AFTER’, also include child support and alimony.

I don’t know exactly, but my saving rate is substantially higher after the marriage. For example, I have money in my regular bank account. When the stock market tanked I took about $5k and put it into an investment account and bought a couple of stocks. If the market tanks I can do it again. So my percent of income saved can vary depending on circumstances. But I put enough into my 401K to get full match from the company.

Order the good wine

Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Also for the record, I made my last alimony payment last December.

Consign her to oblivion, because if you don’t, she will still think she’s in with a chance.

Then, when it finally sinks in that she’s not getting anywhere, there could be THE ONE PHONE CALL (ex or not, it still works. She could produce evidence that you have been in contact with her).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.