Ex Wife using Covid to block visitation

Topic by VanXing

VanXing

Home Forums Men’s and Father’s Rights Ex Wife using Covid to block visitation

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Sky-☯️  Sky-☯️ 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    +5
    VanXing
    VanXing
    Participant

High level summary:

– Ex wife is using covid19 as excuse to block visitation with our daughter for many month.
    – I was leaning towards getting the attorney involved to reinstate visitation,
    – My parents thinks it’s ok to forgo visitation during covid.
    – I usually take her to see my folks.
    – We have been negotiating for 2 years to increase visitation for me.
    – I’ve been trying to remove daycare cost from my support payments for 18 month since daughter has been out of daycare.
    – Ex wants to lump visitation with support payments negotiations together in order to drag it on and create financial hardship.

What would you do in the situation from a legal perspective?

I live in IL.

+5
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

High level summary:
    – Ex wife is using covid19 as excuse to block visitation with our daughter for many month.

A question you should ask yourself is how many more months are you willing to put up with that?
    What if the “covid” situation lasts into 2022?
    If the covid situation goes away, what excuse might she come up with next, to jerk you around?

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+3
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Participant

High level summary:
    – Ex wife is using covid19 as excuse to block visitation with our daughter for many month.– I was leaning towards getting the attorney involved to reinstate visitation, – My parents thinks it’s ok to forgo visitation during covid. – I usually take her to see my folks.– We have been negotiating for 2 years to increase visitation for me.– I’ve been trying to remove daycare cost from my support payments for 18 month since daughter has been out of daycare.– Ex wants to lump visitation with support payments negotiations together in order to drag it on and create financial hardship.
    What would you do in the situation from a legal perspective?
    I live in IL.

Many divorce attorneys for men don’t do much for what you get.

I suggest getting a criminal attorney involved, one that likes to fight and win cases. If they sympathize with your case, and the history of what bs you’ve been through, they will be vicious for you. Do some of the legwork getting organized and stay on them to keep things timely. Make sure they know how you want things to go, and keep saying it.

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

+3
    Bstoff
    bstoff
    Participant

You need an attorney who is going to fight for you, instead of going along and collecting the check.

Tell your current attorney exactly what you want, and if they hem and haw, saying you will have to settle for less, you’ve settled for the wrong attorney.
    Get someone willing to go after what YOU want.
    That’s what an attorney is supposed to do.

Cordell and Cordell is a well-known group for helping men with custody issues.

+3
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

A female, so she will be hardwired to behave in a certain way. Nothing you can do will change that. On top of that, she will be poisoned by your ex and by the public school system. She will turn on you.

The writing is on the wall, so why bother?

+2

Anonymous

Has your ex-wife got a court order saying you cannot visit or is she just being a bitch?

Like everyone above has stated already, get a lawyer who will fight for you if it is possible to legally achieve a result.

Always speak to a lawyer in your jurisdiction for a legal perspective that is relevant to your situation, and stop going to internet forums for legal advice from people who are not legal professionals working in your jurisdiction. This just makes you situation worse by filling your head with ideas that have no use to you in your situation before even speaking with someone who knows what they are talking about.

Don’t take offence from my post, I am just being honest.

+1
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

I live in IL.

I live in the State of Illinois also, and on TV I see this commercial attorney for Father’s Rights. I’m sure you did too by now:

His name is Jeffery Leving and with a phone number in the 312 area code, he’s likely based in Chicago. I suggest you give him a call.

Trump Republican For Life - Make America Great Again

+2
    D.B.D.
    D.B.D.
    Participant

Just another tragic real life horror story/living nightmare of what happens to a man if you get a woman pregnant. I hate to say it but your daughter is gone. You never stood a chance. Men don’t have kids in this country. Ask me how I know that.

+2
    VanXing
    VanXing
    Participant

@RangerOne I get you totally. I spoke with my attorney and we’re going to file contempt with the court. Now just gathering all the text and email evidence.

@Secret Agent MGTOW Every 3-6 month I have to call a list of lawyers for second opinion to deal with BS from the Ex then compare it with my existing attorney to make a decision how to move forward.

@bstoff I’ll look into Condell for sure. Thanks for the feedback.

@duke togo She’s just being a bitch, we have a court ordered visitation schedule that she’s blocking. This forum is just one of several resources I goto. If people just keep content productive rather than ranting it will help us all out. There are very few website for men in family law, yet thousands for women.

@Resident Evil7 I heard about Leving, they have really bad reviews online. Granted Leving may have done a lot for fathers rights, his staff and firm are known to be money pits for clients.

@d.B.D Please share your story.

+1
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

@Resident Evil7 I heard about Leving, they have really bad reviews online. Granted Leving may have done a lot for fathers rights, his staff and firm are known to be money pits for clients.

I didn’t know that. I remembered the commercial and when I heard your story and that you’re from Illinois, I thought you’d be interested. I was only trying to help.

+1
    VanXing
    VanXing
    Participant

@residentevil7 it’s all good. This will only help share information for all the other men out there.

+1
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

Whatever the battle for your kids are, I hope you manage to see them this Christmas.

+1
    VanXing
    VanXing
    Participant

Thanks man appreciate that. Hope you have a great holidays as well.

+3
    D.B.D.
    D.B.D.
    Participant

I haven’t seen my kid in years and I don’t care. It was a hopeless waste from the beginning. After tireless legal fighting for mere hours of visitation meanwhile hemmoraging enough cash on Hawgyers to feed a Learjet.
    I’m still on the hook for child support for that strong and independent woman who don’t need no man but she promptly cashes those checks immediately. Last I heard, my worthless pos kid is hooked on food and video games promoted by his mother. Hes so fat and lazy he uses a scooter to get around. Sick ‘ish to accept coming from a former division 1A football player.

Sky-☯️
    Sky-☯️
    Participant

My father vanished into thin air when I was a year old.

Never knew him.

But I learned a lot about my mother in the years that followed.

And realized why he took off.

No hard feelings on my side. I completely understand why he rolled. In a sense, he decided to go his own way.

I have never had children. Have a vasectomy.

And I would literally rather wake up every morning, bang my head against a brick wall then wrestle a rapid pit bull on a pile of broken glass while listening to a Justin Bieber CD than ever have to go through even 1% of the nonsense that some guys have to deal with related to custody, visitation, child support, family court and lawyers.

The universe is talking to you. All you need to do is stop for a minute and listen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.