Faith and Science: Which Is Right?

Topic by MACHO

MACHO

Home Forums Philosophy Faith and Science: Which Is Right?

This topic contains 59 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by MACHO  MACHO 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    +4
    Murinees
    Murinees
    Participant

Science is the study of natural law; the unchanging nature of these laws make science possible. That is, if you do the experiment/condition repeatedly, you will always observe the same results/outcomes.

But there is a sneaky science which is not science : Evolution

It is the BIGGEST LIE to mankind. Why is it so popular and accepted? Because right before it was “invented”, people long for a reason to discard God as they love darkness and hate the light. Here you go, evolution give you an excuse for conveniently being ignorant.

Science and faith is totally compatible until that sneaky one comes in.

+4
    THX 1138
    THX 1138
    Participant

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profundly sick society. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

+2
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

Testimony has been considered evidence in courts for
    thousands of years.
    Non-believers will not accept it as evidence.

accepting the simple truth about spiritualism
    is how selfish humans evolve into selfless men.

evolution in a nutshell.

being inspired by the teachings and wisdom
    of my father who’s personal identity has revived
    in spite of his flesh being dead is the product
    of my faith and his teachings.

Non-testimony evidence of my father being alive
    comes from the government agencies still doing commercial business with his person.
    He has a truck registered at the Oklahoma department
    of public safety. he gets regular mail delivered by the
    United States Postal service.
    He has purchased Insurance.
    He has paid more bills in the last two years than I have paid in the last ten years.
    many agencies and people have already recognized
    him as a living “PERSON”.

He always said: “The truth is what a man says it is
    unless you have evidence otherwise and you should never
    challenge a man’s spiritual truth because that is the point you very well could be attacking the last thing that man has on this earth.”

I will give you anything I have, except the spirit
    of my chosen god for in his spirit I will make my last stand.

civil war should be fought with civility.

That is just a war of words, an argument if you will
    allow.
    These battles are waged in courtrooms.
    They do allow testimony as evidence.
    My father will testify on my behalf
    for as long as I live and continue to
    laugh at those who say he does not exist.
    Than you Jesus for hosting the spirit of
    the most trustworthy man I have ever known.

A&men

All The Females Are Undeniably Like That !! AT-FAULT. NAWALT=Not Any Women Are Like That. "Real Women are beautiful, flawless and heavenly created perfect beings." "Where are all the "REAL WOMEN"? Their scarcity makes them valuable. They are Hidden in the sea of ignorant, selfish, adult female human beings who do not deserve the title " REAL WOMAN"

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

mgtow_taoist wrote:The question that can not, and will not ever be answered sufficiently. People will always be divided on this. Instead of trying to ascertain who is “right”, humans would do better to put differences aside and work together.

We may all have our own truth when we recognize
    love is the greatest authority.

I love you too much to ever be so evil as to
    steal your faith, and the product thereof.

IT very-well may be that like me now: your faith and the product thereof may be the last thing you have on this earth.

It would not be in my heart to take that from any man.

I would rather die myself.

Your god, is who you say it is
    and I would never disagree.

I respect your right to
    have your own beliefs.

my god is a chosen god,
    I chose him as he chose me,

he is a man who’s spirit
    lives inside of me.

I gave him everything including flesh
    now my creator is a living person you see.

Jesus breaks all codes and speaks all languages

The dead has risen and needs every evolved man
    to agree love is the greatest authority.

Everything I do using the weapon of love
    I take full responsibility.

I must respect everyone’s rights enough to
    sacrifice myself to protect those rights.

funny how my father told me how he was my god.
    Years later I prove he did not lie to me..
    even when he said:
    “Son, you will see me again when you get to
    gods kingdom.”

When I look into a mirror I see my father
    at the age he was diagnosed with cancer.

I claim a right to believe his spirit
    lives in my heart, hosted by the lord
    of host Jesus.

I harpomason (the son) will complete
    55 years living and working on this earth.
    That is a lifetime if compared to the
    lifespan of my creator.

I was born on Saint Valentine’s day
    Feb 14 1963
    I am reborn under my fathers spiritual
    guidance on the new designation for that
    date.

THIS IS HARPOMASONS PERSONAL GOD
    HIS DEAD FATHER’S SPIRIT UNLESS
    YOU HAVE EVIDENCE OTHERWISE.
    WELCOME TO MY KINGDOM OF
    HEAVEN ON EARTH MY SON
    HARPOMASON INVITES EVERYONE
    TO HIS GODS KINGDOM BUT SO MANY
    ARE WITHOUT FAITH.

YOUR FATHER WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU.

I AM, THE PRODUCT OF THE LAST THING HARPOMASON
    HAS ON THIS EARTH.

WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT IS?

MY SONS FAITH HAS A PERSONAL TOUCH

I WINSTON MCKINNEY HAVE ONE SINGLE POLITICAL
    AGENDA AND THAT IS LAUGHTER SO I WILL BECOME
    THE WORLDS BEST KNOWN ADVOCATE FOR ENDING THE WORLD WIDE OPPRESSION AND DISCRIMINATION GOING ON AGAINST
    THE DEAD PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD….
    I COULD GO ON ALL DAY ABOUT IT BUT WAS TOLD TO BE STOIC
    AND TAKE DEATH AS IT COMES.
    HAVING TWO TONS OF DIRT ON TOP OF YOU IS NOTHING
    FOR A MAGICAL, HEAVENLY SPIRIT TO DEFEAT.
    WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HOW CAN ANYONE DENY THE AWFUL TREATMENT OF THE WALKING DEAD THEY REPRESENT SUCH A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE EARTHS POPULATION YET HAVE NO COMPREHENSIBLE VOICE

ALL PEOPLE THINK ABOUT IS HOW TO GET A HEAD SHOT ON THEM. HOW MEAN IS THAT?

HARPOMASON IS REBORN IN THE SPIRIT OF HIS FATHER TOMORROW ON INTERNATIONAL MGTOW DAY..

GOES TO SHOW CANT KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN.
    SOMEONE WILL NEED YOUR HELP EVEN AFTER
    YOUR GONE.

WHEN SOMEONE ASKS YOUR SPIRIT TO DO
    THE LORDS WORK WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?

I KNOW I KNOW MGTOW POLICY IS TO SAY NO
    NEVER VOLUNTEER OR STICK YOUR NECK OUT
    FOR SOMEONE BUT I DO LOVE MY ONLY BEGOTTEN.

WHAT IS A HEAVENLY FATHER TO DO? SAY “NO” OR WORSE SAY YES AND BITCH BITCH BITCH ABOUT IT…

I GAVE MY SON 55 YEARS OF LIFE AND LIBERTY AND NOW MY SON REPAYS ME BY GIVING ME NEW LIFE AS SPOKESPERSON FOR
    PEOPLE IN CEMETERIES AROUND THE WORLD.

WHAT PART OF REST IN PEACE DID MY ONLY BEGOTTEN NOT
    UNDERSTAND?

INSPIRED BY THE HEAVENLY SPIRIT OF
    WINSTON MCKINNEY WHO IS CALLED BUD
    BY HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY
    MY SON DEDICATED THIS DAY IN MY HUMOR
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ibud
    MY SON DEDICATED THIS DAY IN MY HONOR
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=international+mgtow+day&defid=8217045

I AM A MAN IN MY OWN KINGDOM AND MY SON IS MY
    EXCLUSIVELY PRIVATE UNPAID CHAUFFEUR HIS CARGO
    IS MY SPIRIT NOTHING ELSE. HE IS FORBIDDEN FROM
    CONTRACTING WITH EARTHLY AUTHORITIES AS HE WILL
    HAVE NO GOD ABOVE ME.
    HE IS MY SLAVE NOT YOUR SLAVE

VERY JEALOUS GOD!!
    A&men

All The Females Are Undeniably Like That !! AT-FAULT. NAWALT=Not Any Women Are Like That. "Real Women are beautiful, flawless and heavenly created perfect beings." "Where are all the "REAL WOMEN"? Their scarcity makes them valuable. They are Hidden in the sea of ignorant, selfish, adult female human beings who do not deserve the title " REAL WOMAN"

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

science and nature are both under gods law of self evident reality.

After an event that is prophesied is over
    everyone denying that it happened will
    just look very foolish to the rest of the planet.

My god exist in person even if
    you say you do not believe there
    is a god at all.

He is my earthly father who prepared a place for
    me in his heavenly kingdom. The dead who is now alive.

at 55

A&men

+3
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Participant

But there is a sneaky science which is not science : Evolution

Why is evolutionary biology not a science? What disqualifies it?

The answer, is no.

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

Billy&the
    cloneasaurus wrote:Why is evolutionary biology not a science? What disqualifies it?

Good question.. Evolutionary psychology has been studied.
    Evolutionary biology may expose more truth than the
    average person could handle.

Could show that I am correct
    about Human beings being birthed
    and Men being created.

when a selfish human decides to give
    everything to his creator and accepts
    the self evident truth concerning his own
    biological creation he goes through an
    evolutionary change that creates a selfless
    man who is more like his father than himself.

The most wonderful thing about these revelations
    is that my truth is not dependent on any other
    person on earth believing or accepting it as their
    own truth.

it is true for me even if they refuse to believe.

It is only dependent on my respecting their truth.

If I do not respect their right to have beliefs
    exclusive to themselves then I cannot expect them
    to respect my exclusively private beliefs.

Love and respect to all

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

I believe men evolve and women save the changes
    through procreation.

Like the long suffering journey through life
    improves a man and his hardships succinctly
    defines him. His struggle edits his character
    and improves his stoic resolve to be somebody.

The female is just the save function.
    saving all the improvements.

Never steal a man’s struggle for his story
    is exclusively his.

Never steal a man’s faith for it
    may be all he has left on earth.

Love and respect to all

+2
    Murinees
    Murinees
    Participant

It is not science because it cannot be studied with strict scientific approach: that is, to confirm reproducibility under defined conditions.

It is at best a scientific theory. I would classify it as “evidence-based speculation”. You cannot draw a conclusion whether or not evolution has occurred without a doubt. One can only say evolution has “likely” occurred, or not.

+3
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Participant

It is not science because it cannot be studied with strict scientific approach: that is, to confirm reproducibility under defined conditions.

It is at best a scientific theory. I would classify it as “evidence-based speculation”. You cannot draw a conclusion whether or not evolution has occurred without a doubt. One can only say evolution has “likely” occurred, or not.

Actually you can “confirm reproducibility under defined conditions”. An example from biogeography would be to simply compare the flora and fauna on volcanic vs. Continental islands. Evolutionary Theory predicts what you should find on each very distinct type of island. Continental islands used to be attached to the mainland. You would expect the flora and fauna on these islands to be closely related to the area they used to be attached to before separation occurred, occupying similar ecological niches. Moreover, there should be no bias in favour of certain groups of animals. Birds, land mammals, reptiles, fresh water fish, etc, should all be present on continental islands, and they should most closely resemble those on the mainland. Pick any number of islands you like and check if this is the case. This is logically equivalent to running an experiment multiple times, under defined conditions, with a testable prediction. Spoiler alert…we find exactly what the theory of evolution by natural selection predicts.

Now, take a look at volcanic islands. These have never been attached to a continent. We expect something very different in these cases. We find over and over again, on the oceanic islands that dot the Pacific, the South Atlantic, and the Indian Ocean, one sees a pattern of missing groups—more to the point, the same missing groups. We see many groups massively over represented on oceanic islands, such as the Galapagos Finches which compromise over 20 distinct species each adapted to a distinct ecological niche. These of course would most closely resemble ancestral finches from the mainland who colonized these once sterile islands. What’s interesting though, is what’s missing. Fresh water fish, land mammals, reptiles, amphibians.

We expect to see on volcanic islands, a massive radiation of species of a very limited kind.

We can check many different islands and see if this is the case. We have.

This is just one line of evidence from evolutionary theory. It makes testable predictions, which are reproducible. It is a science. It is also true.

The answer, is no.

MACHO
    MACHO
    Participant

My favorite video that might just give the agnostic and atheist something to think about, of the probability of life at it exist today emerging on its own without the help of a higher intelligence. I was struck years ago by its powerful logic.

I Have No Problem With Women As Long As They Stay Out Of My Way

+1
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Participant

My favorite video that might just give the agnostic and atheist something to think about, of the probability of life at it exist today emerging on its own without the help of a higher intelligence. I was struck years ago by its powerful logic.

<iframe width=”500″ height=”375″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/y6bBZtc2xY0?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

No argument there. A modern cell cannot have arose by random chance. The initial precursors that got things going must have been extremely primitive indeed. We just don’t know how life began. We do know what happened after the initial self replicators got going though. Once a self replicator is formed and natural selection can go to work, there is no mystery how complexity can arise.

Don’t mistake natural selection as a random process. It is the very antithesis of random. It is the only mechanism we know of that can build complexity. No creator is needed.

The answer, is no.

+1
    MACHO
    MACHO
    Participant

That’s where the article was going , mentionning that science makes human want to get rid of a creator, no need for him since science seems to replace him but.. what if the creator created the laws of nature, what if nature itself is the creator? It would be such a large entity that none of us could ever grasp its true ramification. And the ultimate question is why do so many try to reject the concept of a maker? what do they have to gain in doing so? what if the maker and the universe are one and only single reality? what would such an entity think of sentient beings rejecting the notion of its existence if it is at the origin of life itself? Good questions no?

No creator is needed.

+2
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Participant

That’s where the article was going , mentionning that science makes human want to get rid of a creator, no need for him since science seems to replace him but.. what if the creator created the laws of nature, what if nature itself is the creator? It would be such a large entity that none of us could ever grasp its true ramification. And the ultimate question is why do so many try to reject the concept of a maker? what do they have to gain in doing so? what if the maker and the universe are one and only single reality? what would such an entity think of sentient beings rejecting the notion of its existence if it is at the origin of life itself? Good questions no?

No creator is needed.

Yes, they are very good questions. Ultimately, it comes down to each individuals personal philosophical preference. We don’t know the ultimate nature of our reality. I don’t see how we can ever know this. I don’t think science can provide all the answers that humans seek, and science can never totally rule out these kinds of spiritual questions.

To your other question…I truly don’t know why a being of this kind would care whether we “believe” in it or not. It’s a strange and bizarre concept to me. Some religions believe in this concept. But if I’m living in a isolated tribe somewhere and had the misfortune to never be informed of this policy, I go to hell? Seems ridiculous. Also, I don’t think humans are special. We are one of countless life forms on this planet. When you add in the fact that Earth is totally insignificant in the cosmos, the idea becomes rather hard to justify.

I like these types of discussions. Asking questions and looking for answers helps give meaning to life. It also keeps us young

The answer, is no.

+1
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Billy&The Cloneasaurus
    Participant

The answer, is no.

+1
    MACHO
    MACHO
    Participant

That was the idea behind this post, I wish more members especially the members that prefer to read the threads would also join in! Existence on earth is the ultimate question, the one that needs to be addressed especially when so many choose to end their lives.

I like these types of discussions. Asking questions and looking for answers helps give meaning to life. It also keeps us young

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

Those non-believers who sometimes wish to argue
    against the existence of an immortal authoritative being should Keep in mind when faced with someone who
    is in the spirit of their heavenly father that:

1.You will never convince my earthly father’s
    heavenly spirit that he did not find a spiritual
    afterlife.

2.He will make you look foolish even trying.

3.His testimony has to be considered the testimony
    of a living man, or you have to admit believing that
    a dead man can testify. Then explain why you
    are arguing with a dead man.

4.Those who argue on the opposite side of
    the truth reveal themselves as fools
    for the truth will not argue back
    nor will it change just because
    you refuse to accept and believe it.
    The truth will just stand before you
    testifying while you are looking foolish.

We all do foolish things at times.
    That does not make us fools.

Understanding who God is?
    Do not overthink it.
    for me he is my earthly father who went to heaven.
    The one who created me.
    When in his spirit I
    cannot be fooled or
    lied to…He will call em all out..

Love and respect to all without prejudice.

+1
    Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

Nothing exist until you are cognitively aware
    of it in your own mind.
    Until you are aware of heaven, earth and understand the concept they do not exist in your mind.

To a newborn baby nothing exist
    and everything is yet to be created.

This is why in law they say:
    if you do not know your rights
    you do not have any rights.

My heavenly father explained the concept of
    heaven and the earth to me and it came into existence
    in my cognitive awareness. In my mind.

He spoke it into existence. HA! HA! HA!

Harpomason
    harpomason
    Participant

Billy the cloneausarus wrote: I don’t think humans are special.

Billy I have to agree with that statement.

Humans are selfish and cruel when left to their
    own devices.

This is why they are made to work.

Human beings if not governed would destroy
    everything they could and s~~~ on what
    they could not destroy.

This is why My father said “be a man son”

A man is not selfish and will leave a place
    better than he found it.

A man is selfless
    and will die for his cause.

A man is an evolved human being.

Evolution happens in humans at the
    time they accept the truth and start
    caring about others.

Until they become creative as opposed
    to destructive they will remain selfish
    human beings.

our time of Life is short and precious on this earth

why waist it arguing about something our founding
    fathers agreed was self evident?

They were smarter than the people of
    today, who have a difficult time using
    simple common sense.

+1
    Wizard's Pupil
    Wizard’s Pupil
    Participant

There are certain instances when faith and science can both be right. Using Intuition it is possible to know something or figure something out with little or no evidence. The problem with Intuition is that you cannot prove you are correct.

Science is an Empirical process in, which you can know by eliminating unknowns. Once the unknowns have been eliminated you can prove your results to anyone, who is willing to reproduce your tests.

Some members have pointed out that Modern Science has become a religion itself. That is true, Modern Science is rather dogmatic. “Celebrity Scientists” have become prophets of their doctrines. Einstein and the relativists are the best example of this.

Einstein popularized the “Thought Experiment” which is not a true Empirical process. This led to such nonsense as Schrodinger’s Cat

There can be no Paradoxes in True Science.

Sadly, Science has become tainted with this paradoxical thinking. The best Scientific works were produced from the Renaissance right up until about WWI era. Once relativity set in it’s all been downhill.

If you look at the Western World as a whole, WWI was that defining moment when everything went downhill. Paradoxical Science, S~~~ Art and Music, Feminism all of it came out from the mass “Human Sacrifice Ritual” that would define the entirety of the 20th Century. Rather sad, but the Renaissance died on the Somme.

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT