From a Time Gone By…

Topic by MATRIX

MATRIX

Home Forums MGTOW Central From a Time Gone By…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Faust For Science  Faust For Science 1 hour, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    +6
    MATRIX
    MATRIX
    Participant

When men were allowed to be men and women were still b.itches, but you couldn’t get arrested every time they opened their b.tch mouth.

+3
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

I have recently been watching the Miami Vice series. The DVD Boxset is cheap. This series is red pilled in the extreme. And the production quality of the series is on par with many good action films of that time.

+4
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

Gawd I loved Miami Vice back in the day. My parents wouldn’t let me watch it, but I always found a way.

"You don't know a woman till you have met her in divorce court."
    +4
    EG
    EG
    Participant

My parents wouldn’t let me watch it, but I always found a way.

Was “red-pilled” too much for some people to handle even that long ago? Not that the term even existed back then but…

+4
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

Was “red-pilled” too much for some people to handle even that long ago? Not that the term even existed back then but…

They were very tradcon and that was not something they wanted their young teenage son watching. Too much violence and scantily clad women they said.

But we had a VCR so I would program it to record the episodes and watch when they weren’t home.

+3
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

Still my favorite Miami Vice scene:

In the Air Tonight

+2
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

Edit. sorry dupe post —- cannot figure out how to embed video

+1
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

Cool. I was talking about the film Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx recently and guess what…

Michael Mann is involved in both. Director in one, executive producer in the other. That may be why I liked it so much.

Anyway, trivial I know.

+1
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

Michael Mann is involved in both. Director in one, executive producer in the other. That may be why I liked it so much.

Michael Mann is phucking brilliant. Not only did he give us Miami Vice, he made one my favorite all-time movies: “Heat” with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino.

Great acting, script, cinematography and music. The bank robbery scene and massive gunfight with police is epic.

+2
    MATRIX
    MATRIX
    Participant

Miami Vice was a great feel good 1980’s show, for those of us of a certain age.

It epitomised the 1980’s for me and was a decade I loved living through.

Hell, 30 years younger, the cars, the boats, the colourful neon lights in wet city streets.
    The better attitudes all round back then…

It always had an edge and some of the best were the later episodes as the characters got more developed. Particularly Sonny getting more and more jaded with each passing year until a boat explosion and memory loss put him firmly as the bad guy, Sonny Burnett. Those episodes kicked ass.

Shows like that will never come again.

+1
    MATRIX
    MATRIX
    Participant

Before the boat explosion, a jaded Sonny tracks down Hackman, who murdered is wife and unborn child. The story started in 1986 and concluded with this episode in 1988.

Sonny finally blowing that scum away makes my day, time after time…

His expression and that gunshot echoing around the island, all added to the ending and Sonnys final downfall to become a bad guy.

Crucifix was significant in the earlier story.

Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

Still my favorite Miami Vice scene:
    In the Air Tonight

That song embodies that series. That is also a wonderful 1980’s red pill song.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.