Fusion by 2030

Topic by Jan Sobieski

Jan Sobieski

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Fusion by 2030

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Daryll55  Daryll55 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    +8
    Jan Sobieski
    Jan Sobieski
    Participant

https://amp.livescience.com/62929-plasma-fusion-reactor-tokamak.html

Love is just alimony waiting to happen. Visit mgtow.com.

+2
    Atton
    Atton
    Participant

UK-based Tokamak Energy says the plasma test is a milestone on its quest to be the first in the world to produce commercial electricity from fusion power, possibly by 2030.

Fusion is possible and a s~~~ load of progress has been made. But it is really really f~~~ing hard more like 2040 or 2050.

A MGTOW is a man who is not a woman's bitch!

+6
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

I was very close to investing in a start on Fusion Power. The year was 2008. Fusion has been around for decades, the question was: “how do you harness it?”

They came very close in 2008 by using magnetic/electrical power to try to stabilize the chain reaction. Europe was at the forefront at the time but the energy spent to contain the fusion reaction was nearly as much as the energy the fusion reaction produced.
    What are they going to try now??

The I-Phone and hydra-fracking both came out at that time and were much better for investing.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+3

Anonymous

Ladies and gentlemen, get your Mr. Fusion (for today only) $19.95!

Power you home, boat, car, or airplane with our new compact size! It takes no more room, and half the weight of your average smart phone!

Send your check or money order to: Tower Enterprises, B.C.F.C. West Brookfield, Massachusetts U.S.A.

GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

the energy spent to contain the fusion reaction was nearly as much as the energy the fusion reaction produced.
    What are they going to try now??

—————————— article extract———————–
    Spot on and 100,000 homes powered by a trailer system only makes one shake their head.
    ———————————————————————
    No need to go after dirty nukes, just steal a trailer system and set it to overload anywhere you would like. The EMP alone would be worth the effort.

——————— article extract ———————-
    In theory, fusion reactors could produce far less radioactive waste than fission reactors, while their relatively small fuel needs mean that nuclear meltdowns like the Chernobyl disaster or Fukushima accident would be impossible, according to the ITER project.

However, veteran fusion researcher Daniel Jassby, who was once a physicist at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, has warned that ITER and other proposed fusion reactors will still create significant amounts of radioactive waste.
    —————————————————————

Tower, Carnage and others have to be salivating over the thought of yet another Pandora’s box to compete with the SMOD. Buckets and buckets of drool!

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

+4
    MoreSky
    MoreSky
    Participant

I’m an electrical engineer so I love this stuff.

When I was in High School we visited the fusion reactor development project near Oxford, UK.
    They were all really positive and we learned about toroids and plasma etc.
    They said it should be ready for commercial use in about twenty years.

That was in 1989.

Great technology, poor funding.

"...reinvent your life because you must; it is your life and its history and the present belong only to you.” It is Your Life, Charles Bukowski.

+4

Anonymous

UK-based Tokamak Energy says the plasma test is a milestone on its quest to be the first in the world to produce commercial electricity from fusion power, possibly by 2030.

Fusion is possible and a s~~~ load of progress has been made. But it is really really f~~~ing hard more like 2040 or 2050.

My high school physics teacher said, 30 years from that time. He was also said that in his highschool years.

Plasma is not simple to handle. And how do you extract energy? Still some advanced steam engine, or are there an new solutions? Plasma has charged particles and reacts to electromagnetic fields, is it possible to get the energy out in some electromagnetic form?

+3
    Experienced
    experienced
    Participant

Follow the money. Who would not want it completed?

"It seems like there's times a body gets struck down so low, there ain't a power on earth that can ever bring him up again. Seems like something inside dies so he don't even want to get up again. But he does."

+1
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

Yea. I keep hearing it. But the time it comes around… It will be when women are gone.

You are all alone. If you have been falsely accused of RAPE, DV, PLEASE let all men know about the people who did this. http://register-her.net/web/guest/home

+1
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

Ladies and gentlemen, get your Mr. Fusion (for today only) $19.95!

Power you home, boat, car, or airplane with our new compact size! It takes no more room, and half the weight of your average smart phone!

Send your check or money order to: Tower Enterprises, B.C.F.C. West Brookfield, Massachusetts U.S.A.

James Garner just groaned & rolled over in his grave….

(Just kiddin’ Tower, I love your comments!)

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.