Gents, help me choose another useless degree to study

Topic by Varun

Varun

Home Forums MGTOW Central Gents, help me choose another useless degree to study

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Varun  Varun 1 day, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    +2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

Gents, I’m in a dilemma.

As some of you know I’m completing my psychology undergraduate degree next year (July / August 2021) and I’m already looking for a job. I’ve consulted with a few academics and professionals in the field. According to them, there aren’t a lot of male psychologists where I live, so if I get some training. I’ll be sure to get a well-paying one.

I’ve been eyeing the NGO sector (NGO = Non-Profitables) because jobs there tend to be less strenuous, and other than Agriculture, Infrastructure, Tech, this is a sector in which the government is pumping a lot of money into. Its also expected to grow a lot in the future.

continuing…

Going my own way, one step at a time.

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

The problem is, in order to pursue a career and get a good high paying job in this field, I’d need a Masters’ Degree in Psychology or any other relevant field. i don’t wanna study psychology again because the courses are a complete brainf~~~.

I’ve found three course options I could pursue:

1) The first one would be MSW , i.e., Masters in Social Work; you know the regular stuff, where you learn about social welfare, poverty,etc. This is what regular non-profit workers study before they go into social work.

2) Second one is MAGD, i.e., Masters in Gender and Development; this one specifically focuses on gender issues, addressing the “rift”, and healthy development of the same.

I’ve quoted the specific program objectives of the course below:

Programme Objectives

The programmes seek to enable learners to:

~ analyze extent of gender-sensitivity of development interventions;
    ~ conduct gender analysis;
    ~ critically analyze gender differentials in selected development sectors;
    ~ identify appropriate research designs and methodologies for a range of research problems;
    ~ suggest positive affirmative action in development planning and practice to promote gender equity and equality

continuing…

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

3) The last one I have mildly considered only because its becoming very popular and most of my professors recommend it is (don’t hate me for it)

MAWGS (Masters in Womens’ and Gender Studies)

I know its basically gonna be feminist education, feminist training. Even the fees for this course is higher, so I’m least inclined to get into this one. I must say a lot of my peers who wanna get into non-profit industry has taken this up…. there’s obviously gonna be a lot of money pumped into Feminist Organizations, and I can see everyone just wants a piece of that sweet cake. I however find the idea repulsive.

There are two sub-specializations within this course:

1) Gender, Literature and Culture
    2) Womens’ Studies

I think the first one will be more gender neutral and focusing more on gender roles affecting social life.

Second Year Specializations
    The second year courses (third and fourth semesters) have been developed under two optional specializations, namely, “Gender, Literature & Culture” (Stream 1) and “Women’s Studies” (Stream 2). The courses offered in the third and fourth semesters will be specific to the individual specializations. Students may opt for either of the two specializations for the Master’s degree. Upon successful completion of the third and fourth semesters, students will obtain a “Master’s Degree in Gender & Women’s Studies” with a “Specialization in Gender, Literature & Culture” OR a “Specialization in Women’s Studies.”

The specialization in Gender, Literature and Culture will enable students to familiarize themselves with salient topics in the humanities from the perspective of gender. Courses in third and fourth semesters will enhance their critical understanding of important issues such as marginalized cultural spaces, relationships between gender and discourse (especially literary), and the mutually constructive relationships between literature and society.

The specialization in Women’s Studies will expose students to multidisciplinary approaches of addressing historical and contemporary women’s issues. It will equip the students in conceptualizing and developing analytical skills required to understand women’s issues through praxis, research and practicum.

The focal areas for the programme include Concepts, Theories & Movements in Women’s & Gender Studies; Gender and Power; Gender through Arts and Media; Bodies & Sexualities; Research Methods; Women and Social Structure; Economy and Political Process; Gender; Literature; Culture; Postmodernism; Life Narratives; the Gendered Nation.

continuing..

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

I’d be interested to know what you guys think would be the best option for me. I know that going into the latter two would be like buying tickets to hell, but maybe I’d have something to benefit from an academic experience. My main motive is to get the degree to qualify for the job, so I figured while I’m at it, why not pursue something I’d be interested in?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for multi-posting. This is the only way I’m being able to post right now, otherwise I get the 500 internal error if I try to post the whole thing at once.

+3
    Branched off
    Branched off
    Participant

Sheesh, surely psychology is better than these options?!!

I cannot imagine that anyone on this site would be able to cope with the bollocks on a women’s studies or gender studies course. It would surely just be too hard to write all the lies down as truths? Surely you would feel the need to argue at some stage? Social work will be a little better. They believe a lot of lies too but it won’t all be almost 100% man hating lies.

Can you do a race course? This might contain marginally less lies? You just have to hate white people a lot and blame all the ills of the world on the white male, then it will be OK. It will probably be mostly about blacks but maybe you could do India post partition or something as a project? So long as you blame it all on the English, it will be accepted I expect.

Writing the above has made me think -we are shut out of academia. To be an academic, you have to believe in lies. I can’t see how a young man could go through the training in one of those subjects unless he was a massive cuck. So we don’t even get to speak. They will not listen to anyone who is not in their field (because what would be know, we have not read all the papers) but worse they won’t let anyone in their field who has an independent mind. They are blowing a bubble of lies that is damaging society but we can do nothing to stop it until it bursts of itself.

A woman is like fire -fun to play with, can warm you through and cook your food, needs constant feeding, can burn you and consume all you own

+4
    Rumpole
    Rumpole
    Participant

I suggest the Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion Master’s Degree at the University of Kansas. Great career prospects, for every school and workplace will need diversity commissars.

+4
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

With those options Varun.
    Getting a masters in Basket weaving with sunshine and unicorn farts (synonymous with anything to do with social work and gender studies) is another great way to waste time money and effort.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+5
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

None of the above.

You say “useless” in the title, then why even think of wasting your life on them ?

Go into cybersecurity, or trades, plumber, electrician, anything but what you said.

Why ? Why ?

+3
    Twist
    Twist
    Participant

I suggest the Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion Master’s Degree at the University of Kansas.

Couple this with a minor in Lesbian Dance Theory and you will be set for life.

+1
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

I suggest the Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion Master’s Degree at the University of Kansas. Great career prospects, for every school and workplace will need diversity commissars.

Would they accept foreign students?
    ————————————————————

I get it. Not the best options. But if I want to get into the line of work I want to, these are the only options I have.

Yes, there are a couple other courses, like counseling etc. but they cost a bunchload of money, like 10 times more. I’d rack up substantial debt, which I think will be detrimental to my career. Generic degrees like pol. sc. etc won’t land me the desired positions. Without a masters I’m a goner. I understand; no way in hell could I ever get through any of these courses. Idk why I even started this thread. So I’m basically f~~~ed.

Education, especially higher education, is no longer a guy’s domain. With STEM and Business schools saturated, it makes absolutely no sense to go to college anymore. Unless you wanna rake your sorry ass with enormous debt and spend your prime years like a workhorse paying it off.

Just got off the phone with my guide; even she is like “I know you hate these courses but they are the only ones available if you wanna get there.” She suggested the first one (MSW). Like Mr. branched had said, it’ll be the least lethal dose of poison. But even this one will burn a substantially big hole in my pocket. The gender studies courses have been introduced recently, and they are taken up almost entirely by women; they’re dirt cheap, so them c~~~s will get easy access to free money careers, because no man’s ever gonna take them.

There’s literally just one other guy in my whole college who’s in my position, and he’s considering dropping out too. All the others have either already started going into stuff like economics (again, a money dump) or started getting into vocational stuff to learn other trades.

I guess this is it for me. F~~~ this s~~~. I’ll have to look for some other work. I’m to blame; why I ever thought a man’s life is gonna be easy?

The future is really female, gents. At least in academia, it is. They’ve won. We’re f~~~ing done.

+4
    Swimcat
    Swimcat
    Participant

I can’t think of a worse field to get into. Not only is there no future for white men, there’s very little future for anyone in the liberal arts. My oldest daughter is a college professor. She’s damn lucky to have a job. I have to help her make ends meet. My younger daughter is a doctor. She just got out of the military and she makes more than I ever did. Private colleges are closing all over the country due to the overwhelming costs. It’s a dying field. If you are going back to school major in business, public health, or insurance risk management.

+5
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

If you take any of these gender-oriented options, the any employment you take will be directed towards destroying men. That’s hardly an option for someone claiming to be MGTOW.

Furthermore, for the rest of your working life, in the workplace and out, you will be subject to 24/7 femstapo surveillance. Any men you meet will be total manginas. Can you keep up the facade?

A better path might be as a psychologist working in the prison system. There’s a lot of men in jail who only got there because they were screwed over one way or another.

It won’t be a popular employment option, so there should be vacancies and it should be well paid. You might even be able to get them to pay for a higher degree.

+1
    L. Euler
    L. Euler
    Participant

Dear Varun,
    How about a super Macho job like mine. Tickle the “tail of a dragon”, pain management. I do THE most dangerous injections in North America….very scary injections like into the neck near a pile of arteries and nerves. One screw up and you can have paralysis. If you don’t like me there’s always Mayo Clinic (enjoy the $50k medical bill).

I do my job barely for the cost of the stuff ($40 and two ultrasounds). I don’t do it for the money…..I do it to be the best in the world. If you get to that level in anything you do….the world is your oyster. You can go anywhere. Their isn’t a town in the USA that wouldn’t want me and I’m already Board Certified…hey & yes I speak English, but I digress! Stay away from feminist job BS. HR psych jobs and the like, they are unemployed with Covid-19 anyways.
    Criminal Psychiatry is interesting, but I’ve done medical tests on some really bad actors….I mean death penalty types, certainly not boring, but not something I want all the time. Pain management is hard to do well. Many “cowboys” with no talent. For some patients, I am their last hope.

That’s a challenge and they so put their life in my hands sometime. Always, safe never rush…I am NOT the fastest needle in the west, but I am the MOST accurate. Once went to a shooting range and they all thought I was a military sniper after getting 10/10 bullseyes. The gun range couldn’t believe it was the first time I’d held a rifle. Nope I’m just health care, I said.

Psychology is interesting. Try for addiction management ;half of the cases have poor pain management and it’s a growing problem, that’s going to get worse. I actually have patients on opiates for the 4 months wait it takes to even see me. One person can’t do it all, but it takes YEARS to train. Mexico might be correct growing poppies instead of weed for aging boomers with various pains.

L. Euler

+1
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

If you take any of these gender-oriented options, the any employment you take will be directed towards destroying men. That’s hardly an option for someone claiming to be MGTOW.
    Furthermore, for the rest of your working life, in the workplace and out, you will be subject to 24/7 femstapo surveillance. Any men you meet will be total manginas. Can you keep up the facade?
    A better path might be as a psychologist working in the prison system. There’s a lot of men in jail who only got there because they were screwed over one way or another.
    It won’t be a popular employment option, so there should be vacancies and it should be well paid. You might even be able to get them to pay for a higher degree.

I guess it was the exposure to the femstapo world, and constant recommendations from professors with the same ideologies, which did a number on me and tried to convince me to get back to the plantation. I guess I have an affinity to get brainwashed easily. They almost had me.

You’re right. I will never be able to go through all that bulls~~~. Not for all the opportunities in the world.

I was having second thoughts; I’m glad I came here to get put right back on track.

Thank you for reminding me that. Saved myself from relapsing and going to what brought me here in the first place.

Criminal Psychiatry is interesting, but I’ve done medical tests on some really bad actors….I mean death penalty types, certainly not boring, but not something I want all the time. Pain management is hard to do well. Many “cowboys” with no talent. For some patients, I am their last hope.
    That’s a challenge and they so put their life in my hands sometime. Always, safe never rush…I am NOT the fastest needle in the west, but I am the MOST accurate. Once went to a shooting range and they all thought I was a military sniper after getting 10/10 bullseyes. The gun range couldn’t believe it was the first time I’d held a rifle. Nope I’m just health care, I said.
    Psychology is interesting. Try for addiction management ;half of the cases have poor pain management and it’s a growing problem, that’s going to get worse. I actually have patients on opiates for the 4 months wait it takes to even see me. One person can’t do it all, but it takes YEARS to train. Mexico might be correct growing poppies instead of weed for aging boomers with various pains.
    L. Euler

Thanks. I’ll see if I can secure some sort of scholarship or state funding. They might be interested if I agree to do the dirty work for them, like in prison and stuff. They’d be looking for a man; I can’t imagine a woman would be able to fill in that job role.

I’ll drop the Masters’ idea. I’m thinking I’ll probably do some short term certificate course and get into the field as fast as possible.

+1
    Branched off
    Branched off
    Participant

I was thinking Varun, if you have a good degree, it should never be a problem to do a masters later. You can also go straight to PHD if you can get a department to be interested in you. The universities will always hoover up your fees gladly.

You need to get a degree in something worthwhile. I am not saying that just to hate on femtards but seriously those degrees are only meal tickets and maybe even only for the next few years. They are not remotely useful academic research. Do some useful research. I am not an academic myself but my brother is an academic. What counts is doing the useful name making research, not having pieces of empty paper that will get a meal ticket from a local government.

Monk makes a good point about prisons and also drug addicts are another valuable area. The fact is that there are millions of men who are basically shut outs from society. Its a time bomb. Society today has no use for low skilled, low educational achievement men. They have next to no rights and no hope.

When the market is too high we don’t buy shares in overpriced businesses or in overvalued commodities, even if they will probably go up a bit more, we look for where there is value in an investment. Men need people to understand them and help them an din a few years time governments are dam well going to need people who can actually tell them the truth about men’s problems -i.e. its not all men’s fault for being toxic. You could work in a prison or with addicts and also write a few papers that could be the start of a PHD. Write nothing contentious at all, just talk about problems and solutions not ideas and problem ideas. As you get better known and your results for helping people start to prove you are good, you can start to connect the dots up in your research and discover amazing new fact like men are not bad and society gives them a raw deal -but that comes after a PHD and after getting funding for being an expert setting up a program to help failed men.

Someone needs to do it. Its a massive gap in the market. The truth is out there. People will need to hear it eventually. It could be you.

A woman is like fire -fun to play with, can warm you through and cook your food, needs constant feeding, can burn you and consume all you own

+1
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

I was thinking Varun, if you have a good degree, it should never be a problem to do a masters later. You can also go straight to PHD if you can get a department to be interested in you. The universities will always hoover up your fees gladly.
    You need to get a degree in something worthwhile. I am not saying that just to hate on femtards but seriously those degrees are only meal tickets and maybe even only for the next few years. They are not remotely useful academic research. Do some useful research. I am not an academic myself but my brother is an academic. What counts is doing the useful name making research, not having pieces of empty paper that will get a meal ticket from a local government.
    Monk makes a good point about prisons and also drug addicts are another valuable area. The fact is that there are millions of men who are basically shut outs from society. Its a time bomb. Society today has no use for low skilled, low educational achievement men. They have next to no rights and no hope.
    When the market is too high we don’t buy shares in overpriced businesses or in overvalued commodities, even if they will probably go up a bit more, we look for where there is value in an investment. Men need people to understand them and help them an din a few years time governments are dam well going to need people who can actually tell them the truth about men’s problems -i.e. its not all men’s fault for being toxic. You could work in a prison or with addicts and also write a few papers that could be the start of a PHD. Write nothing contentious at all, just talk about problems and solutions not ideas and problem ideas. As you get better known and your results for helping people start to prove you are good, you can start to connect the dots up in your research and discover amazing new fact like men are not bad and society gives them a raw deal -but that comes after a PHD and after getting funding for being an expert setting up a program to help failed men.
    Someone needs to do it. Its a massive gap in the market. The truth is out there. People will need to hear it eventually. It could be you.

I was thinking about that too. The problem is, I live in a third world country. There aren’t ample opportunities to capitalize on academically. Sure, I can move to one of the big cities and study in some nationally recognized college….. or maybe even go to Canada abroad.. but these options would cost a s~~~load of money… and the government scholarships (only reliable scholarships) pay only a quarter of those expenses …. like, just the tuition.

Moving to the US is costly. One of my best friends is there. I think its called Carnegie Mellon, the uni he goes to, in Arizona. He says that a week costs $100 in living expenses, and this guy’s on govt. scholarship. So unless I have some rich benefactor sponsoring me, that option’s closed to me.

One more thing I could try is go the youtube route. But being a mgtow, that would have heavy constraints. What better way to spread the word than youtube? Lets face it, most of us discovered mgtow by watching youtubers spilling truths. But I dont wanna take a chance at allowing mainstream people to get ahold of me and get on my nerves, which Im sure they will.

I’m looking at certificate courses of Forensic & Criminal psychology… these two would allow me to work in prison systems, and actually work in the field of “men’s welfare” without directly getting into activism and s~~~. Still the scope for these are small in India.

I’ll keep looking.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.