Going Galt

Topic by FrostByte

FrostByte

Home Forums Philosophy Going Galt

This topic contains 23 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by FrostByte  FrostByte 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    +2

Anonymous

“Going Galt” means asking in the face of new taxes and government controls, “Why work at all?” “For whom am I working?” “Am I a slave?”

The answer is a big resounding YES. This is what really has been bothering me the last few years. Working to support the welfare queens and their bastard brood of viscous thieves.

+3
    Black_knight
    black_knight
    Participant

I’ve just seen this thread, and feel the need to revive it.

I’ve been increasingly irritated lately, angry even. Not long ago I received a statement of tax from the last tax year. On the reverse is a pie chart breaking down where my taxes went. I paid £7.5k in taxes. Of this, £2k went to welfare.

Now, this is the problem. Half the people I know are raking in some kind of welfare. Of these people, only 1 is doing anything considered as work, and even that is the minimum allowed (under 16 hours per week). My last ex, a casual lover who I saw on and off for 9 years, she never worked a single day for that whole time. She was fully supported by the welfare state – housing benefit, and money to live off. She has fooled the assessors into believing she’s mentally unfit to work by playing on an old mental health episode from her teens. There’s nothing wrong with her. I calculated she received around £12k per year. So basically, there are another 5 people like me whose entire annual welfare contribution supports her. The best part is, she spends £75 per week on cigarettes and weed. That’s £3900 per year. That means my entire annual welfare contribution bought her cigs and weed for 6 months. Meanwhile, I work hard, save hard, buy nothing on credit, and spend wisely. I feel like a bloody fool!

My blood boils over this s~~~. Not just her, but several of my friends too. In fact, half of this country are receiving benefits (I have no ill feeling towards pensioners – they’ve contributed all their lives). £2k of my hard earned money goes to supporting these c~~~s each year, and I know from personal experience the vast majority are feckless, idle, and lazy, or they may work, but have no sense with budgeting and money management. Man I f~~~ing hate people.

So yeah, I might have to go galt.

Anonymous

My blood boils over this s~~~.

You and me both.

I have never received Welfare benefits in my entire life, but I sure have worked my fair share of Minimum Wage Jobs.

Welfare Pays more than Minimum Wage

Imagine my frustration when I realize that Welfare Queens make almost as much as I do per hour (as an Engineer).

I support them and their bastards and how do they repay me?

By robbing my house when I’m at work.

I look forward to the day when I go GALT. “Atlas Shrugged” has turned out to be a work of non-fiction.

+1
    FrostByte
    FrostByte
    Participant

Half the people I know are raking in some kind of welfare. Of these people, only 1 is doing anything considered as work, and even that is the minimum allowed (under 16 hours per week). My last ex, a casual lover who I saw on and off for 9 years, she never worked a single day for that whole time. She was fully supported by the welfare state – housing benefit, and money to live off.

This is why immigration won’t work. The State can import welfare recipients faster than you can earn it. Only to have it stolen from you. When the recipients, with their own violent culture, decide they have been cheated by promises the State made, but could never keep, is when they band together and violently take it out on the citizens they blame for it. Sweden burning is one example.

If you rescue a damsel in distress, all you will get is a distressed damsel.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.