- 2019-10-04 at 3:27 PM#912417
I bought this ticket to a punk rock gig because I really appreciate the music these guys create, but I’ve also been getting my life together on track at the same time also. I know that having a drink will put me over the edge (last weekend was like that, and I spent all Sunday recovering from staying out all night)
I know if I’m not careful a night of binge drinking tonight will:
– Screw up my sleep and melatonin
– Make me feel terrible all day tomorrow (I work full time so the weekend is pretty valuable to me)
– Kill brain cells
– Put me ?? degrees/percent off of my diet and fitness goals
– Mean I won’t go to the gym tomorrow, and if I do would be worthless and potentially unsafe dragging myself through the motions
– I would have to pay Uber costs to and from the venue instead of being my own Uber
The last time I saw these guys I was incredibly drunk and although the gig was great, I remember focusing on the chick I was dancing with instead of the group. I don’t want this to be the same – this band has a lot of depth to offer and I think going sober will allow me to focus more on the music and the musicians themselves.
My friend who is also going is going to be sober also, because his doctor is trying to put the brakes on some stomach ulcers. I think this is going to be a good thing for both of us.
I guess the dilemma I feel is that drinking is so much entwined with the culture that I might be or feel alienated in that crowd. That might be a good thing – just realizing that now makes me come to the question – do I want to have anything to do with a crowd that I don’t feel comfortable sober in? Guess I’ll go to the gig and see for myself if I do or not and take it from there.2019-10-04 at 4:14 PM#912421
Some things that are enjoyable when you’re drunk are not quite so entertaining when you’re sober….
Also, being in that environment may make one thing lead to another, and before ya know it the booze is flowing….I guess you’ll see how it all works out???
In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.