Half of Singles Don’t Want a Relationship or Even a Date

Topic by Secret Agent MGTOW

Secret Agent MGTOW

Home Forums MGTOW Central Half of Singles Don’t Want a Relationship or Even a Date

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Freedom Not Slavery  Freedom Not Slavery 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    +7
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Participant

A just-released report from the Pew Research Center sends a dagger straight through the heart of a popular mythology—the one that insists that what single people want, more than anything else, is to become coupled. So untrue. The findings, based on a national, random sampling of nearly 5,000 adults in the U.S., showed that 50 percent of single people are not interested in a committed romantic relationship and they are not even interested in a date.

Another 10 percent want nothing more than casual dates. About a quarter of single people, 26 percent, would be interested in casual dates or a committed romantic relationship. Just 14 percent are looking only for a serious romantic relationship.

This Stereotype-Shattering Finding Has Been True for at Least 15 Years
    It would be tempting to assume that this is a testament to the growing numbers of single people. Just about every time the Census Bureau releases its latest figures, we learn that there are even more single people than there were the year before. A previous Pew report made the remarkable prediction that by the time today’s young adults reach the age of 50, about one in four of them will have been single their entire lives. That’s a cohort of 50-year-olds in which 25 percent have never been married.

The phenomenon is not specific to the U.S. or to Western nations. In many countries all around the world, rates of marriage are also headed downhill……

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-single/202008/half-singles-don-t-want-relationship-or-even-date

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

+6
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

I can vouch for that. The less people in my life the better. All I need is a relationship with my parents and my best only friend and sometimes even they can get under my skin, but I’m not bitter. My real happiness is being alone in my man cave with my computer talking to MGTOW, my hobbies and my 4K entertainment set up. The rest of the world can go to hell for all I care!

https://themanszone.webs.com/

+4
    Russky2
    Russky2
    Participant

I can vouch for that. The less people in my life the better. All I need is a relationship with my parents and my best only friend and sometimes even they can get under my skin, but I’m not bitter. My real happiness is being alone in my man cave with my computer talking to MGTOW, my hobbies and my 4K entertainment set up. The rest of the world can go to hell for all I care!

Lol same here bro!

MGTOW AKBAR

+4
    Twist
    Twist
    Participant

The rest of the world can go to hell for all I care!

It is. Faster and faster. Make sure your popcorn stash is full. RNC convention done tonight, the weekend will feature the country burning I think.

(apologize for being US centric – it’s all I know)

+8
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

A previous Pew report made the remarkable prediction that by the time today’s young adults reach the age of 50, about one in four of them will have been single their entire lives.

The 50 year olds of today have spent almost 3/4 of their lives single. There is nothing remarkable about that prediction.
    Think about that for a minute.
    From age 0 until the day you get married or into a common law marriage you are damn well SINGLE.
    Marriage makes you no longer single PERIOD. Divorce makes you single again, and for men it means paying for her afterwards too.
    Dating, casual sex, FWB, means you are 2 single people doing shyte together. You are single until you marry, stay married, and die married, get it?

I was married twice and divorced twice for a grand total of 5 years including the waiting period for the divorces to finalize. So I was literally SINGLE for 4/5th + of my life yet I paid for 20 years for the experience of being married (not single) for 5 years out of 55.
    I bloody well WISH I had stayed single for the whole time.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+5
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Participant

A previous Pew report made the remarkable prediction that by the time today’s young adults reach the age of 50, about one in four of them will have been single their entire lives.

The 50 year olds of today have spent almost 3/4 of their lives single. There is nothing remarkable about that prediction.Think about that for a minute.From age 0 until the day you get married or into a common law marriage you are damn well SINGLE.Marriage makes you no longer single PERIOD. Divorce makes you single again, and for men it means paying for her afterwards too.Dating, casual sex, FWB, means you are 2 single people doing shyte together. You are single until you marry, stay married, and die married, get it?
    I was married twice and divorced twice for a grand total of 5 years including the waiting period for the divorces to finalize. So I was literally SINGLE for 4/5th + of my life yet I paid for 20 years for the experience of being married (not single) for 5 years out of 55.I bloody well WISH I had stayed single for the whole time.

Good grief, it sounds like you got royally screwed.

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

+7
    MusclecarGolfer
    MusclecarGolfer
    Participant

At 42, I’m one of the blessed to have never been married, and only dated a couple of times for no more than 6 months each. My entire property, and house, and garage, are just one, big, man-cave. No 4k here (yet), but routine MGTOW visits, and, of course, my classic car collection.

Because I was able to circumvent the relationship gauntlet, I’ll be able to graduate up to (even) bigger and grander things later – so sorry to hear of others’ getting post-divorce corn-holed. That’s a ruthless experience, but one to sure leave a red-pilled scar.

I have a tight-knit relationship with my parents (I’m an only child), and the retired couple who informally adopted me, but made me power-of-attorney and beneficiary of their estate.

I ignore everyone else, and carry a scowling “Don’t bother me unless it’s important!” expression. For me to adjust my lifestyle to include anyone else is unthinkable.

Sometimes, I like to walk around my house, or garage, or property, and say to myself, “Look what I did/am doing for myself, by myself.” There’s nothing like pride-of-ownership, gratitude, sacrifice, hard work, discipline, goal-setting, and accountability being measured by tangible metrics-of-accomplishment.

Wait…do you hear that? That’s the sound of silence; devoid of barking, shrill complaints, and an inquisition-esque hearing in my man-cave. *smile*

+3
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

Good grief, it sounds like you got royally screwed.

Not “really”
    1 kid whose an adult now that I raised. Just had to pay off her mothers bills.
    First marriage took 10 years of paying off her bills.
    Both ran up the bills once we were married mostly due to me being away from home.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+5
    Bstoff
    bstoff
    Participant

The government regulation of marriage and punitive court systems have ruined whatever the institution of marriage once was.
    I’m pretty sure it wasn’t all that great in the past, either; but it must have worked to some degree before the government took over.

+7
    EG
    EG
    Participant

Sometimes, I like to walk around my house, or garage, or property, and say to myself, “Look what I did/am doing for myself, by myself.” There’s nothing like pride-of-ownership, gratitude, sacrifice, hard work, discipline, goal-setting, and accountability being measured by tangible metrics-of-accomplishment.

All signs of your toxic masculinity.

/sarcasm

Let every dollar of these woke companies’ marketing budgets be lost on you as MGTOW

+4
    Twist
    Twist
    Participant

Sometimes, I like to walk around my house, or garage, or property,

I find peace in taking a leak in my backyard. I even convince myself that it will keep the deer away from my flowers.

+4
    MusclecarGolfer
    MusclecarGolfer
    Participant

And the toxicity is what keeps them away! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

+6
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

My entire property, and house, and garage, are just one, big, man-cave. No 4k here (yet), but routine MGTOW visits, and, of course, my classic car collection.
    That’s the sound of silence; devoid of barking, shrill complaints, and an inquisition-esque hearing in my man-cave. *smile*

Man Cave?! I have a Man Cave of my own and it’s VERY comfortable. I have neon signs (SEGA, ARCADE and COORS LIGHT), tin signs (COORS LIGHT Silver Bullet Train; 2 Coke 1905; Bar and Tavern; a Trump standing on a battle tank), Trump memorabilia, 3D puzzles, Resident Evil shirts on the wall, Built FORD Tough sign, 4K TV set up, Trump flag, USA flag, street signs (SPEED LIMIT 45, and T-intersection), Conan sword, Monster Jam framed picture, mini fridge, king-size bed and posters. Best of all, no woman to tell me I can’t have it. I haven’t lived with a woman since my mother moved out 27 years ago this month.

Please describe your Man Cave as I love those types of man rooms.

https://themanszone.webs.com/

+5
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

Well lessee,….
    I was the chad…
    I certainly was an orbiter (ah, the smell of tuna in my young(dumb) years)…
    I WAS married to quite an extraordinary woman UNTIL THE HIVE got to her.
    I was divorced too, (THE most “difficult” time of my life).
    I was “in-love,” but not with myself…..
    Now that may sound Narcissistic, but you need to make yourself #1. (Heck, Even DONALD TRUMP is like that even though he has one of the most beautiful women in the world for a wife.)

Here’s some
    Lyrics to an old song I still like.
    Sorry it has no official video.

LITTLE RIVER BAND
    “Cool Change”

If there’s one thing in my life that’s missing
    It’s the time that I spend alone
    Sailing on the cool and bright clear water
    Lots of those friendly people
    And they’re showing me ways to go
    And I never want to lose their inspiration
    Time for a cool change
    I know that it’s time for a cool change
    And now that my life is so prearranged
    Well, I was born in the sign of water
    And it’s there that I feel my best
    The albatross and the whales they are my brothers
    It’s kind of a special feeling
    When you’re out on the sea alone
    Staring at the full moon, like a lover
    Time for a cool change
    Now that my life is so prearranged
    I’ve never been romantic
    And sometimes I don’t care
    I know it may sound selfish
    But let me breathe the air, yeah
    Let me breathe the air
    [Instrumental Interlude]
    If there’s one thing in my life that’s missing
    It’s the time that I spend alone
    Sailing on the cool and bright clear water
    It’s kind of a special feeling
    When you’re out on the sea alone
    Staring at the full moon, like a lover
    Time for a cool change
    I know that it’s hard for a cool
    Cool, cool change
    It’s time, it’s time, it’s time
    It’s time, it’s time, it’s time
    For a cool, cool change
    Oooooh, I know it’s time for a cool
    Cool, cool change
    Well, I know, I know, I know, I know
    That it’s time for a cool change
    Yes it is, yes it is, yes it is, yes it is
    It’s Time for a cool change

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+2
    Joey Cusack
    Joey Cusack
    Participant

If I had a mancave with limited space, one of these might be usefull:

+2
    NerdTunneler
    NerdTunneler
    Participant

Its their life…They decide what to do with it…

I stand with feet apart and let my balls hang free...Manginas dont have balls...See how they stand and sit at the whim of their masters...

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

Not surprising. The dimensions of the dating world has changed today. Men have realized that they don’t have to put up with all the dating bulls~~~ and go overboard just to get the chance of putting his dick in a cooch, and even then he knows he’ll be the one putting in all the effort. Women have realized this and are showing their true selves by being direct about it: “if you give me/provide me with stuff, I’ll let you f~~~ me.” Everyone else denying this are living in times long past gone.

This arrangement works pretty fine; why was time, energy and resources on such redundant practices like dating / marriage? It makes no sense.

Going my own way, one step at a time.

Freedom Not Slavery
    Freedom Not Slavery
    Participant

Its their life…They decide what to do with it…<i class=”fas fa-beer”></i>

I think that would suit many gamers, especially the ones that so often fall asleep at the console due to not knowing when to stop.

Personally I stop once I start getting tired, though I do admit I would get that set up anyway for when I don’t feel like going to my regular bed.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.