.. scientists reverse backwards in time

Topic by hmskl'd

Hmskl'd

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff .. scientists reverse backwards in time

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by IMickey503  iMickey503 10 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    +5
    Hmskl'd
    hmskl’d
    Participant

https://phys.org/news/2019-03-physicists-reverse-quantum.html

Researchers from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology teamed up with colleagues from the U.S. and Switzerland and returned the state of a quantum computer a fraction of a second into the past.

… so, what does this mean? what might be the possibilities .. can anyone spell Tardis? 🙂

… the possibility of violating the second law of thermodynamics. That law is closely related to the notion of the arrow of time that posits the one-way direction of time from the past to the future

+11
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

“Do you take this woman …?”

[whoosh]

“F~~~, No!”

+3
    Sandals
    Sandals
    Participant

<i class=”fas fa-male”></i> “Do you take this woman …?”
    [whoosh]
    <i class=”fas fa-male”></i> “F~~~, No!”

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I am laughing out loud. That is f~~~ing hilarious.

By the way, are these the same Russians who ran Chernobyl. Have you ever visited Russia?

The purpose of reports like these are so stupid politicians who believe in fairies and time machines will give them more money.

Tardis? Is that like… Din du nufin?

+6
    NerdTunneler
    NerdTunneler
    Participant

That is reversing the state. Not time travel. It would violate entropy. Plus, going back in time means going back not only in time but also space. Its like going back in time but did not calculate the space where you should be…Earth has moved forward while tardis is stuck in empty space or in a runaway planet…
    Plus, if it would be viewed as just rewinding, entropy would be violated and the amount of energy needed to reverse the positions of the solar system would be great…

I dont know if I am making much sense but I hope the path of the solar system through the galaxy would give an insight coupled with entropy..

I stand with feet apart and let my balls hang free...Manginas dont have balls...See how they stand and sit at the whim of their masters...

+4
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

That is reversing the state. Not time travel. It would violate entropy. Plus, going back in time means going back not only in time but also space. Its like going back in time but did not calculate the space where you should be…Earth has moved forward while tardis is stuck in empty space or in a runaway planet…

Holy crap. I don’t know why that never occured to me ! Never deeply thought about time travel, maybe (that’s my excuse lol).

But you’re right. Travelling through time alone wouldn’t take into account your exact location in the Universe. The Earth, Solar system, Galaxy, galaxy cluster and so on, all moved !

Anyway, incredible food for thought. Thanks.

p.s. I didn’t watch the video, just got it from your own comment.

Hide your wealth indeed...

+4
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

I often forget what Entropy is. So for those like me that have trouble remembering,

ENTROPY: Chess has more states than tic tac toe.

Bellow is tic tac toe with 9 spaces.

_|_|_
    _|_|_
    X|X|X

Bellow is tic tac toe with 4 spaces.

_|_
    X|X

All entropy means is that it has more states that it can take on. But really, here is an example that everyone will understand as most men here have a car and yard equipment. This is an OVERsimplification of the entropy. there are 2 states that I did not mention. At rest, and With MORE BOOST! where pistons do not show on page.

If you need a simpler explanation.

And a quick video on Entropy
    https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/energy-and-enzymes/the-laws-of-thermodynamics/v/introduction-to-entropy

It would violate entropy. Plus, going back in time means going back not only in time but also space. Its like going back in time but did not calculate the space where you should be…Earth has moved forward while tardis is stuck in empty space or in a runaway planet…

English to Submarine translation: ” I am a Born again Virgin. ”

The whole idea of time travel is thinking digitally. IF you can rewind a DVD for example, that is the sort of thing they are talking about.

But therein lies the problem. Even DVD’s that are digital have Error correction.

So let’s now take this to All digital. Say we get the information BIT perfect. But now we having timing errors.

We insert a time code generator. But the HDMI cable Protocol has introduced some latency on the audio portion. Now we have jitter.

Now we want to route that signal to a DAC, and then to an amp, and now speakers cables, and crossovers, and speakers.

You get the idea of complexity Nerd Tunneler is talking about when he says the amount of Energy to do so would be great:

and the amount of energy needed to reverse the positions of the solar system would be great…

The amount of trouble you have to go through to do this would be Millions of dollars just to play back a DVD perfectly.

Most people don’t understand this, but everytime you play back say an MP3 or Flac file, it’s not the same experience. Even Digitally, there is some amount of imperfection. But its at a low enough tolerance that it is out of a Human beings overall awareness. NOT PERCEPTION.

And here is another problem. Like it or not, Say you were able to reach 0 Kelvin. Can you go to a lower temperature then 0′ Kelvin, or a NEGATIVE energy state? The lower energy state would be in fact a negative energy state. Is it possible? Maybe? And here is my hypothesis, the electrons and the things that happen at the quantum level are still going on just fine regardless of temperature. E.G. the electrons keep moving in their circular orbits and never stop.

What I think is going on here is Maxwell’s Demon. Its a thought experiment.

What they are doing here is not time per say, Time has still passed. But in that closed system, they were able to turn time backwards. This is the example given.

The four stages of the actual experiment on a quantum computer mirror the stages of the thought experiment involving an electron in space and the imaginary analogy with billiard b~~~~. Each of the three systems initially evolves from order toward chaos, but then a perfectly timed external disturbance reverses this process. Credit: @tsarcyanide/MIPT

What they are really doing here is showing you the Quantum Mechanics and the Schrodinger Equation can be reversible, and using this to prove time travel.

It’s not TIME travel like you would know it. But just as I predicted WAY WAY back in Highschool, and Gravel Pit is known to ALSO talk about this “Inevitable destiny” All they are saying is that the state of where things are can be seen in the past and in the future.

In Layman’s terms, Sure, you can call that time travel. What should make you go WHoa, is that you can use this to predict things that will happen on a timeline or be able to go back in time to “See” things that happened in the past.

In fact, where I plan to use this kind of data from this research is to predict market and human behavior. In fact, you could use this to predict more accurately MTBF. (Mean time before failure)

So can you reverse time? Sure, You can REWIND and Play back a DVD. But it’s not really going back in time if that makes sense. Kind of like each time you play a REcord, the Needle wears, the Vinyl wears. You can do this with a Laser pick up, but your records better be clean as f~~~. So you get an Analog playback, but you still have things like dust particles etc that will still not give you the same playback experience.

You may be able to predict the future, mess with things at the Atomic level, but life as you and I know it? It Sounds possible. But only if we are in some kind of closed system. And in our case? this might be great news. In fact, if we really do start moving along to the great Transcendence, essentially, you can live forever. And go forward in YOUR time if that makes sense.

You are all alone. If you have been falsely accused of RAPE, DV, PLEASE let all men know about the people who did this. http://register-her.net/web/guest/home

+2
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

p.s. I didn’t watch the video, just got it from your own comment.

I had to watch the video. 🙁

You are all alone. If you have been falsely accused of RAPE, DV, PLEASE let all men know about the people who did this. http://register-her.net/web/guest/home

Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

That is reversing the state. Not time travel. It would violate entropy. Plus, going back in time means going back not only in time but also space. Its like going back in time but did not calculate the space where you should be…Earth has moved forward while tardis is stuck in empty space or in a runaway planet…Plus, if it would be viewed as just rewinding, entropy would be violated and the amount of energy needed to reverse the positions of the solar system would be great…
    I dont know if I am making much sense but I hope the path of the solar system through the galaxy would give an insight coupled with entropy.

You may be making sense, but I’m not getting it either way. If you could travel back in time, then why would you need to worry about traveling through space? If I travel a week back in the past, wouldn’t I automatically be going back to where everything was a week ago?

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

+3
    NerdTunneler
    NerdTunneler
    Participant

You may be making sense, but I’m not getting it either way. If you could travel back in time, then why would you need to worry about traveling through space? If I travel a week back in the past, wouldn’t I automatically be going back to where everything was a week ago?

Because its not rewind. Traveling back in time means there would be 2 of you last week. And the new you would have to occupy a new space and if you dont know the space you were going back to, you could get stuck in the mountain or in empty space when you reappear because of the earths or the solar systems movement as indicated in the video…Hope it makes sense…

I stand with feet apart and let my balls hang free...Manginas dont have balls...See how they stand and sit at the whim of their masters...

+3
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

If I travel a week back in the past, wouldn’t I automatically be going back to where everything was a week ago?

There is a difference between time travel and turning back time.

What he is trying to say is that you think this:

And that the earth, our solar system are all fixed points in space in the Milky Way Galaxy. So we look like a fixed point in space from our perspective.

But really what is going on is this:

And over time, the physical coordinates of Earth’s place in time in the universe is changed. We have traveled some distance in space from one fixed point to the one that the earth is in now. So in 7 days, our actual Point A to point b is not a straight line or a circle. It is a Vortex. (Or a Helix to be more accurate)

So, its Thursday today.
    I want to go backwards in time or “Rewind” time to Last Thursday or 7 days in the past.
    168 hours in forward time have occured.
    During the last 7 days, 168 hours, Earth’s physical coordinates in Milky Way galaxy has traveled 7,307,328 Miles in 7 days. through space. (0.0109 speed of light)

Orbit of the earth

1.598 million miles per day IS HOW MANY MILES THE EARTH travels in orbit around the sun. That’s 66,583 MPH.
    In seven days, you have went 11186000 Miles in space. In that time, if you had a spaceship that could keep up, you would have to travel 466,083 miles per hour (mph) just to get back to the same point within about an hour if say, you wanted to just keep up with earth’s orbit.

REMEMBER THOSE NUMBERS

The Earth is only 24,860 miles in circumference.

The moon is 238,900 mi away from the Earth.

For reference, at the speed of light, if I sent a Voice message to Earth from the Moon, it would take 1.6/Seconds to get the message there to here (data overhead)

See how the moon orbits the Earth? Its on axis, but it has a wobble. Think of it like your Crank in your engine having a slight wobble. Same concept.

The moon also does not have the same rate of orbit or spin that the earth does either.

Now back to the Earth. In the time frame you suggested, you want to “GO back in time 7 days”. That is theoretically possible.
    However, what they are talking about is sending TIME backwards.

Again, imagine that you wanted to make TIME go Backwards over the 4 seasons. Say you really want to go back and redo christmas. This is what it would look like in space roughly orbit wise.

So, think of REVERSING time, MOVING every single particle backwards in the universe. 7 days.

Now this is where it will click.

Now if we just send you back in time 7 days. That is JUST your BODY. Bu the thing is, we are not sending you back in time. WE are Making time go backwards. So if just YOU are going backwards, then what would happen is that when you ended up in the past, you stopped being in phase with time. You also locked your position in time as well. So the moment that you show up 7 days in the past, (Your body) the area around your body say if it was in a spacesuit, ( and stasis field of some kind of warp bubble etc. etc. ) would see nothing but empty space. Even though you went back in time, the light coming into your eyes would show you that the world around you is still 7 days in the future. So your view from your mini spaceship/warp bubble or suit would be this. Assuming your spaceship has a deck that looks like the moon surface. But you get the point.

Now say this trip bellow takes 2 weeks.

if you go back 7 days, then the earth is where it was 7 days ago. And you would matrialse in open space. Just hurling to whatever’s out there.

It would take you about 358 days before you saw earth again.

One problem. You ended up where the Earth was ONE year ago in space time and location of the physical earth in space. And unlike this tree, you are no longer a moving object anymore. But a fixed point in time and space. kind of like this tree that is a fixed point on planet earth. You are fixed to show up 7 days ago where the Earth use to be at that point in space.

You are actually no longer in the solar system either. You are a lot like this asteroid that skimmed earth. If you MOVE TIME forward, it would be the same thing. The earth has not caught up to you Same as you going back. You go back to a point in time that there is nothing there for you to land on or materialize on.

If you went back a whole year, then you would at least see the earth maybe, but you would be nowhere near where you are. In fact just sending out an electronic message would take 6.5 hours just to get a message to earth. And the distance you would be a year from now from the earth and your body or your mini space capsule, would be about 4,311,023,760 Miles away from the earth. So good news. You are only just about 1.5 times the distance of Pluto.

To put this in perspective, You remember the space probes? Voyager, and Pioneer? This is where they are in space (roughly) to where the earth is back in April 2011. It’s NOW Current date of this post, March 2019.

So this line is 7 days long.

——————————
    On this line, this is you on the left wanting to go back 7 days. But one problem. The earth is still on the other side of the line.

🚶 EARTH
    ——————————

Well, the timeline is still there. Only you went back 7 days and there is no Earth physically there at that location. if that makes sense. Just like if you drove cross country. If you went back in time, you would be back in time, but the earth and everything around you would not be.

What Nerd tunneler is I think trying to relate is that in order to move time backwards, You have to shift the whole damn universe backwards. Or at the very least, the milky way. Just our solar system would not be enough to not cause some serious havoc.

If you just took the Earth and tried to move in back in time, then what would happen is that the Earth itself would end up 7 days in the past. But the rest of the solar system would keep going or slow down as we caught up with the sun’s gravity. etc.

Time travel, and going back in time is some f~~~ed up s~~~. Theoretical is seems for now. But the best movie ever made on it was Primer.

I hope that helps out Hermit. You have no idea how much time I spent doing the math for this. And I bet you most of it might be wrong. But its close enough to give you the idea that we are like a cosmic bullet that has been fired into the range of the universe.

And in order to turn back time, you have to turn back the universe. You might be able to see back in time and go forward in time. But unless there is a wormhole or an alternate dimension, I don’t think it’s possible.

+1
    IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

Note, edit of line not scaling correctly.

——————————
    On this line, this is you on the left wanting to go back 7 days. But one problem. The earth is still on the other side of the line.

EARTH
    ——————————

|——————————|

|🚶 _-_-_-__EARTH|
    ——————————

Correction made.

+3
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

While the physics article is interesting, and definitely worth exploring, I don’t think it’s really accurate to say that they have reversed time. I get that given matter/the universe/etc moves from a state of order to chaos with time you could then define time as the process of moving from order to chaos. So on a very localized scale, get a system to move from chaos to order would be reversing time…in a way. It just doesn’t really even come close to what we would normally consider as reversing time. Not at all implying that it’s not useful work, it just doesn’t come close to being anything practical as far as time manipulation goes right now.

That said, I fully agree with what Mickey is saying regarding physically moving matter (human or otherwise) from this point in time to a previous (or future) point in time would also require relocation in space, since the universe is always moving. I’d add to that the fact that you’d have some problems to deal with regarding the matter you aren’t moving where we actually capable of time travel. If you went back in time and reentered the earth’s atmosphere, what happens to the air that occupied the space you’re assuming when you appear in the previous time? Does it get pushed out? Does the air molecules remain and get mixed in with your body? Does it get transported to the future in your place? From the other side in the future, would the removal of your body cause an implosion of sorts as air rushes in to fill the void? Either way, I’d think you would want to teleport back and arrive in space to minimize such issues.

Perhaps matter isn’t transferred at all, and it would just be a restructuring of matter in the past/future according to a set of instructions. However, if that’s within human capabilities, the implications go way beyond time travel.

I tend to think that if time travel ever does become possible, it will involve a yet undiscovered 5th dimension to facilitate movement. The same goes for if we ever manage to travel faster than light…essential the same thing. It would still have problems with matter and the space it occupies though.

Ok. Then do it.

Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

Because its not rewind. Traveling back in time means there would be 2 of you last week. And the new you would have to occupy a new space and if you dont know the space you were going back to, you could get stuck in the mountain or in empty space when you reappear because of the earths or the solar systems movement as indicated in the video…Hope it makes sense…<i class=”fas fa-beer”></i>

Nope, still not making sense to me. Maybe I’ve seen too many time travel movies, I don’t know. I’m not looking at it as “rewinding”. I’m looking at it as the past still being there, IF time travel was possible.

Forty some years ago, the earth was “there”. My old house was still standing. The bird dog was still alive. IF it were possible to travel back in time 40 years ago, all those things should be there as they were and “now” would be the future for me. If you’re saying that the earth is still here where it is in 2019 and not where it was in 1979, then I haven’t traveled through time at all. I’ve only traveled physically.

Seems silly trying to discuss and make sense out of something that isn’t possible, but if it were possible, this is the only way I can see it happening. If you can truly travel backwards in time, everything will be like it was in that time. Otherwise, why would anyone have a reason to go back in time? The whole purpose is so you can see and experience things as they were, or possibly change something in the past so the future is different. Similar to traveling into the future so you can see things as they will be, therefore, if we travel to 2059, then we will be where the earth will be 40 years from now.

The only problem with this time travel stuff I could see is, say right now I’m in the middle of an open field, but 40 years ago there was a barn in that very spot, so when I “materialize” in the past, will I become part of the barn? What happens to the matter in the past, or my matter from the future, trying to occupy the same space? I like how the Terminator movies tried to solve that problem with a “time bubble” that would destroy any matter surrounding them in the time and space they would occupy.

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

I hope that helps out Hermit. You have no idea how much time I spent doing the math for this. And I bet you most of it might be wrong. But its close enough to give you the idea that we are like a cosmic bullet that has been fired into the range of the universe.
    And in order to turn back time, you have to turn back the universe. You might be able to see back in time and go forward in time. But unless there is a wormhole or an alternate dimension, I don’t think it’s possible.

I do appreciate the effort, but sorry to say that half of your pictures and gifs are not viewable for me and only appear as squares with x’s in them, so unfortunately a lot of your time was wasted.

As I stated to NerdTunneler, I’m not looking at time travel as rewinding, or turning back time. I’m seeing it as traveling through time as though time was a line where the past still exists as well as the future. For our mortal bodies, no, it’s very doubtful that we’ll ever be able to achieve it. However, if you have any spiritual beliefs as I do, then it may be possible when we leave these bodies behind and then go on to exist on a spiritual plane. God is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, so essentially, He is time. He always was and always will be and if we will be with Him, then perhaps we will exist beyond time and we can see the past, present and future all at once.

+1
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

The only problem with this time travel stuff I could see is, say right now I’m in the middle of an open field, but 40 years ago there was a barn in that very spot, so when I “materialize” in the past, will I become part of the barn? What happens to the matter in the past, or my matter from the future, trying to occupy the same space? I like how the Terminator movies tried to solve that problem with a “time bubble” that would destroy any matter surrounding them in the time and space they would occupy.

You’re on the right track, but not quite there. The problem is that you’re thinking of the earth as being the stationary point of reference, as if it’s located in the same physical location today as it was 40 years ago. It’s not, it’s been moving this whole time.

Perhaps a more simplistic example, not 100% accurate, but to illustrate the point. From a relative point of view of the sun, the earth is spinning on it’s axis. That’s why we have day and night. Since you are on the earth, you are also spinning along with the earth. So you are not at the same physical point in space this morning as you were this morning, even if you didn’t physically move yourself at all. Last night you were on the side of the planet facing away from the sun, while this morning you’re on the side of the planet that is facing the sun. So, if you were to time travel from this morning to last night, and did not also move your physical location, you would reappear 12 hours earlier than now…in china during the day time.

It’s really more complicated then that since, since the earth is not just rotating, but moving around the sun, while the sun is moving around the center of the galaxy, etc….you’d really end up some where in space.

A very simple example, and not really accurate physically. Forgetting the earth moves in space and all that for a second, and assume it’s just a static point of reference. If you were in an empty room standing on the left side of the room. Then, you took 10 seconds to walk over to the right side of the room. If you immediately time traveled 10 seconds into the past, without also changing your physical location, you would reappear 10 seconds in the past on the right side of the room…while there is another copy of you still on the left side (which incidentally creates a problem if the two copies of yourself interact in any way, but that’s not the point).

Anyway, beyond all this, I think the physical location aspect of the issue creates a big problem. Physical location can only defined in terms of a point of reference that we assume to be static. However, the only thing that could possibly be absolutely static would be the center of the universe, and we don’t know where that is. Therefore, all definitions we have of location are relative by necessity. In terms of time travel, you’d have to define where you want to be physically in time by where you are now, and cannot really tell where exactly we would be relative to other objects at the time we arrive. If we accurately knew the speed at which all relative objects are moving AND the rate at which the universe is expanding, then we could…but we absolutely don’t know that information.

Considering the location problem, I think you’d have a better probability of teleporting yourself from earth to Mars without going back/forward in time than you would by going back/forward in time without changing your physical location, relative to earth, even if you only went back 10 minutes.

Ok. Then do it.

+1
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

As I stated to NerdTunneler, I’m not looking at time travel as rewinding, or turning back time. I’m seeing it as traveling through time as though time was a line where the past still exists as well as the future. For our mortal bodies, no, it’s very doubtful that we’ll ever be able to achieve it. However, if you have any spiritual beliefs as I do, then it may be possible when we leave these bodies behind and then go on to exist on a spiritual plane. God is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, so essentially, He is time. He always was and always will be and if we will be with Him, then perhaps we will exist beyond time and we can see the past, present and future all at once.

I scientific terms, what you’re refering to is the alternate dimensions that Mickey was talking about (or at least what I thought he meant). And in that case yes, many of the problems with time travel could be bypassed.

Ok. Then do it.

Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

You’re on the right track, but not quite there. The problem is that you’re thinking of the earth as being the stationary point of reference, as if it’s located in the same physical location today as it was 40 years ago. It’s not, it’s been moving this whole time.

That’s not what I’m thinking at all. I’m looking at it oppositely in fact. If we were able to “quickly” physically travel to a point in space where we knew the earth was going to be 40 years from now, there would be nothing but empty space, correct? If we travel through time, 40 years into the future, then we should arrive at the time and place where the earth would be. If we travel “with” time, we end up there 40 years from now. If we travel “through” time, we skip over 40 years and instantly arrive at that same point.

So, right now, the earth is “here”. 40 years from now, the earth is, or will be “there”. Same as the past. Right now, the earth is “here”. 40 years ago, the earth is, or was “there”.

I’m not getting why you are separating space and time. Of course the earth is moving. In your statement, “……it’s been moving this whole TIME”…..that’s why we want to travel back through TIME, back to where the earth was. If we go there now in normal time, of course there’s nothing there. If we travel back through time, the earth will be there because we are now in the past.

+1
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

I’m not getting why you are separating space and time.

Because calculating where the earth was 40 years ago is extremely complex, if not impossible. Assuming we can go back in time, ‘when’ is easy to calculate. It’s just 40 years. How do you calculate location.

Say that you want to go to the middle of Central Park, 40 years ago. What is the location? The earth has spun on it’s axis 365X40 times, gone around the sun 40 times, while the sun has move around the center of the Milky Way some amount, and the Milky Way has move farther away from the center of the galaxy…during this 40 years. Trying to get that right would be like trying to throw a marble into a paper cup….that’s on a train going 90 mph, while you’re on a train going 60 mph in the opposite direction.

But again, if there was another dimension you could pop into, so that you could clearly ‘see’ where Central Park is 40 years ago….if you had God’s point of view let’s say…then yes, it’s much easier.

Ok. Then do it.

Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

I’m not getting why you are separating space and time.

Because calculating where the earth was 40 years ago is extremely complex, if not impossible. Assuming we can go back in time, ‘when’ is easy to calculate. It’s just 40 years. How do you calculate location.
    Say that you want to go to the middle of Central Park, 40 years ago. What is the location? The earth has spun on it’s axis 365X40 times, gone around the sun 40 times, while the sun has move around the center of the Milky Way some amount, and the Milky Way has move farther away from the center of the galaxy…during this 40 years. Trying to get that right would be like trying to throw a marble into a paper cup….that’s on a train going 90 mph, while you’re on a train going 60 mph in the opposite direction.
    But again, if there was another dimension you could pop into, so that you could clearly ‘see’ where Central Park is 40 years ago….if you had God’s point of view let’s say…then yes, it’s much easier.

LOL This would be irritating if it wasn’t so interesting to read you differing point of view. This is one of the best discussions I’ve had on here, but I’ve always been so fascinated with the idea of time travel.

From my point of view, you don’t have to calculate the “where”, only the “when”. It doesn’t matter where the earth is now. 40 years ago it was where it was and that is where you’ll be if you travel 40 years into the past. 40 years ago there was a little old house I lived in. It is no longer there. If I travel 40 years back in time, that house will be there. From the way you’re looking at it, the house won’t be there even if I travel back to the time when it was there. That makes absolutely no sense in a universe where time travel is possible. It almost seems like you’re trying to tie together reality with impossibility.

Time travel either works or it doesn’t and if it does, 40 years ago the earth was in a different place than it is now and if I go back in time, the earth will be there, not here. All you need to know is when and the where will take care of itself. I am standing in my yard now. If I go back in time, I’ll automatically be standing in my yard where it was then.

IMickey503
    iMickey503
    Participant

Err.. Hmm. How would faust do it…

You can go back in time Hermit. That easy since it has already happened. Since we don’t need to guess where the earth was, you CAN easily go BACK in time from the present. That’s fine. The only way to do this is via a wormhole. This works just like a compound port or horn. >-<

As time restricts through the narrow part, it speeds up. then slows down at the other end returning back to normal space time. It would be like folding space. The earth would still be traveling in its same course, it’s just that the wormhole is like a short cut between 2 time periods.

You can’t really go into the future if the future has not happened yet. But you can predict the future in some ways.

Now, I’m really pushing the limits of my brain here, but it seems we are all just slightly off. See, I am talking about Moving back time. Just like the article suggested. Doing that means moving TIME itself. That’s not really feasible. I’ll talk about that more in a bit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.