I wore a suit today. Women’s responses amused me.

Topic by LupusRex

LupusRex

Home Forums Dating I wore a suit today. Women’s responses amused me.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Comanchepilot  comanchepilot 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    +8
    Mister Man Smith
    Mister Man Smith
    Participant

Mister LupusRex you’re absolutely not the only one who experiences this, it’s very common.

In my daily job I’m not required to wear a suit, in fact, it would even look out of place, but I do love to get on a suit when ever I have the chance, and the attention is non stop.

You also said that you don’t look good in a suit, everyone looks good in a suit, you might not feel comfortable because you’re not used to it, or maybe it’s not the best suit for you?

Where’s some quick tips:

– You should go with a 2 button, 2 vents jacket, do NOT forget to remove the stitches from the vents and the pockets, also the tag on the sleeve.
    The reason is a 3 button jacket goes on and off fashion every 3 years, a 2 button is always in. And 1 vent jacket is only for very thin men, VERY thin, or seriously over weight, there are reasons for that but I won’t elaborate on them now, go with the 2 vent because I bet it’s the best for you.
    – Another thing to consider is when you have 1 button done (NEVER do the last one) you should be able to get your fist inside your jacket, behind that button, if it’s too tight the jacket is too small for you, if its too loose the jacket is too big.
    – With the jacket button up and your arms down you should be able to curl your fingers under the edge of the jacket, if you can’t reach it the jacket is too long, if it stays way up your fingers the jacket is too short.
    – The pants should be able to stay in place without a belt, if not they’re too big.
    – The pants should barely touch the ground when you’re standing without shoes, or be about 1 finger away. If they drag on the ground they’re too long, if they’re 2 or more fingers from the ground they’re too short.
    – When you do your tie, make sure the arrow points to the centre of your belt buckle, too far up or down will make you look sloppy.

I hope these tips were useful, remember everyone you can almost always wear a suit, and if you find yourself in a situation where it’s too formal, get your jacket and tie off, roll up your sleeves and you’re all good.

mistermansmithmgtow.blogspot.com

+5
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

The initial ego boost has quickly been dwarfed by amusment and annoyance at their pettiness.

Their reactions are a lot more amusing when you wear the suit and completely ignore them. And if they’re insistently intrusive, dismiss them without a second glance.

For the full effect, try wearing a suit some time somewhere you go regularly in shabby clothes.

: “I haven’t seen you in here before. Are you new?”
    : “Not at all. I’ve been coming here for years.”

The very next day, wearing a different suit:
    : “Hi. Remember me?”
    : Looks her up and down. “No. Should I?”

Absolutely devastating.

Basically I could go buy a base model mercedes or bmw

Before you ever make a mistake like that, get an Audi or a Subaru instead. They’re a hell of a lot more fun to drive, even the cheap models, and women don’t know what they are looking at.

it’s really something we have been told ” the clothes make the man ”
    we know it’s the man himself, suit or not .

The expression: “Clothes make the man.” uses the more obscure meaning of make meaning “identify”, not the more common meaning of “manufacture”. And with that meaning it’s true; your clothes really do identify you to other people. Whether accurately or not is a different matter. But as far and the “creating” meaning of make, no. Clothes don’t create a man. All men are self made. The “self made man” is a redundant statement.

+2
    Bob__
    bob__
    Participant

Wearing a suit is a s~~~ test. Especially the tie part. Suits are sexist against men.

Modern Playboys.com
    Modern Playboys.com
    Participant

A suit also means that you’re a sophisticated individual that has his s~~~ together. A suit doesn’t necessarily mean that you have money but the standard assumption is that you do and that’s what make women reciprocate more positively to. The most important thing that women look for is success in men and dressing the part is only part of the battle.

Cheers

We're here to help you bring out the best version of yourself. Visit us at http://modernplayboys.com for tips of dating, fashion, self-help, health, & more.

+8
    Morlock
    Morlock
    Participant

They say a man in a suit for women is like a woman in lingerie for a men.

Personally I see a suit as a slave outfit, a man who conforms basically and works for a salary. Where I work most of the management types wear suits, the multimillionaire tech contractor on the other hand will come in for meetings in dirty jeans and a t shirt, he’s loaded and charges the slaves a fortune for his services.

Women are stupid and will walk past the rich guy in jeans and spread their legs for the poorer man in a suit every time.

+7
    Etrangere
    Etrangere
    Participant

Dressing nice is something you do for YOURSELF , NOT them. Sidecar has it right , when they come orbit you IGNORE them. Now you don’t have to wear Armani or Canali suits every day to look nice…I live in Houston and it’s brutally hot and humid in the summer time so wearing a suit would be uncomfortable. There are other things out there , but the bottom line is that when you look good it gives YOU a positive self image , and that can only be a good thing. And yeah , the bitches pick up on that vibe , but you are doing it for YOU

+4
    FunInTheSun
    FunInTheSun
    Participant

They were cat-calling you! Shame on them!

; ^ )

"I saw that there comes a point, in the defeat of any man of virtue, when his own consent is needed for evil to win-and that no manner of injury done to him by others can succeed if he chooses to withhold his consent. I saw that I could put an end to your outrages by pronouncing a single word in my mind. I pronounced it. The word was ‘No.’" (Atlas Shrugged)

+3
    Eric Lauder
    Eric Lauder
    Participant

I live and work (and study) at one of the smaller university institutions based in London. Generally my daily ‘uniform’ would be nice jeans and a plain black T-shirt. However, this morning I had a meeting at a prestigious members only club in the city (only as a guest, though). The dresscode, naturally, prohibited my usual jeans and so I equally naturally donned a nice navy three piece, tied my hair up and trimmed my beard (just a little).

I went and had a great and productive time, then returned back to where I live and work. Since returning, I’ve been stopped and complimented by so many women who generally would barely acknowledge my presence unless they needed something from me in my professional role. The initial ego boost has quickly been dwarfed by amusment and annoyance at their pettiness. I look good today, I wore a suit. ‘Tis to be expected, who looks bad in a suit? Still, it’s not a reason to treat me differently, to pester me or to fish for compliments.

This happens whenever I wear a suit and the contrast in the way in which they treat me and respond to me never fails to amuse me.

Until now, I’ve not had a space in which to mention it!

I imagine I’m hardly the only guy here to experience this!

Years ago, before marriage/divorce, I had another job, temporary.
    When I went to work I didn’t use my car, but my father’s second car: a mini and cheap car (Fiat Uno – this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Uno – Italy here) and I dressed casually.
    Even though I was quite handsome I was mostly unnoticed by women (except few older women, but I was NEVER noticed by women under 30).
    When the job ended – it was a six months contract – all temporary workers (about 60% were females) had a goodbye dinner in a pizzeria.
    I weared a modern and somewhat “casual” but very good looking and quite expensive suit, and I had come with MY car – this one
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GTO
    The same under 30 women who almost ignored me for about six months were drooling. Almost literally.
    The same night I f~~~ed two them.

Hypergamous instinct…

SUPREME LEADER KIM JONG-UN'S FASHION STYLIST - if you want a new look or if you're a very beautiful trans you can call me, phone number +85079255312 / mobile 01921421211. The worth of a man isn't the usefulness that women get from him. Avoiding living with a woman, a man isn't rejecting a lot of sex: he's rejecting sexual starvation. MGTOW IS TACKLING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN COMPLIANCE WITH CONVENTION OF ISTANBUL: http://www.coe.int/en/web/conventions/full-list/-/conventions/rms/090000168008482e --- Article 4, Section 4 "Special measures that are necessary to prevent and protect women from gender-based violence shall not be considered discrimination under the terms of this Convention". WHAT I LEARNT FROM A GENDER STUDIES CLASS IN LUND, SWEDEN: every time feminists accuses men of doing something, odds are likely either them or persons associated with them are doing the exact same thing but a lot worse. 100% PARISIAN WOMEN ARE SEXUALLY IRRESISTIBLE http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/every-woman-in-paris-polled-in-survey-has-experienced-sexual-harassment-on-trains-10184658.html

+3
    Kaido
    Kaido
    Participant

They want some of that success. I say if they want it go get it yourself. Don’t leech off a man who s worked hard to get where he is today.

What people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle. Rise above. Focus on science.

+4
    Rupert
    Rupert
    Participant

Women are interested in guys who SPEND money. What good is a man to them if he’s wealthy but also frugal? But if a guys spends, especially on shoddy investments like cars, maybe she can get a piece of the pie?

+3
    Joetech
    joetech
    Participant

“Every girl’s crazy about a sharp dressed man…”ZZ TOP

"Don't follow in my footsteps...I stepped in something."

+2
    Baron Warwick
    Baron Warwick
    Participant

Women are drawn to expensive, shiny things. Their evolutionary biology has them gravitate towards men who can afford such status symbols. Females are constantly searching out males who would be stable providers for their offspring.

What women don’t realize is that some rich men don’t readily advertise their wealth. Buying status symbols like exotic cars and watches is not a sound investment strategy as these consumer products are depreciating assets as are women. Men’s net worth and earning grow as female currency (i.e., their looks) depreciate atrociously shortly after their 30th birthday. Unless their Asian, of course. Those women age much more gracefully than their Caucasian counterparts.

+2
    MGTOW_Medic
    MGTOW_Medic
    Participant

The interesting part to me is….

A man wears a suit, which I don’t mind (I wear uni for working at the department. For some reason women don’t seem too hyped about Fire/EMS uniforms anymore.) And a woman will be allowed to stop and compliment you or make some comment about being handsome.

A woman wears nice clothes and a man compliments he’s just being a typical man, a pig who only care about looks.

MGtOW_Medic - EMT - P, Firefighter Lvl 2, Hazmat Ops

+2
    Thanasi
    Thanasi
    Participant

A man should never wear a suit to impress women. I certainly never have.

I wear suits, five days a week. No brands. I have a tailor. The actual clothes are specifically for my body measurements and I feel completely comfortable, at ease, it feels like I’m walking around in my pyjamas.

I dress for self respect. I dress to project an image of how I feel in my mind. I value myself enough to dress well. I value my clients enough to show up to meetings showered, clean, shaven, and with a suit. I only wear a tie for the most formal occasions. If I’m meeting a male friend on weekends, then I do so looking my best, and I give them my attention.

IntellectualSavior
    IntellectualSavior
    Participant

I usually wear sportcoat or blazer since I’m a student I really don’t have any place where I’m obligated to wear a suit.

But I can say I always dress well and the impact on women is instant even though I’m 20 I can atract women even much older than men, it’s funny but it’s all hypergamy.

I also like to wear rings so add shiny to the list, they go crazy. Let’s add good looks if i do say so myself and in result you get panty drop.

But if you show them how much you don’t give a sh*t and how you won’t be spending money just to have sex, they will run away to find another one, so either hump and dump or enjoy the attention. But whatever you do in life do it for you not for women, if you’re not comfortable in it don’t wear it, I for one have always liked to dress well.

When I have a pen in my hands, it's lethal.

Bobphilo
    bobphilo
    Participant

I live and work (and <nobr>study</nobr>) at one of the smaller university institutions based in London. Generally my daily ‘uniform’ would be nice jeans and a plain black T-shirt. However, this morning I had a meeting at a prestigious members only club in the city (only as a guest, though). The dresscode, naturally, prohibited my usual jeans and so I equally naturally donned a nice navy three piece, tied my hair up and trimmed my beard (just a little).

I went and had a great and productive time, then returned back to where I live and work. Since returning, I’ve been stopped and complimented by so many women who generally would barely acknowledge my presence unless they needed something from me in my professional role. The initial ego <nobr>boost</nobr> has quickly been dwarfed by amusment and annoyance at their pettiness. I look good today, I wore a suit. ‘Tis to be expected, who looks bad in a suit? Still, it’s not a reason to treat me differently, to pester me or to fish for <nobr>compliments</nobr>.

This happens whenever I wear a suit and the contrast in the way in which they treat me and respond to me never fails to amuse me.

Until now, I’ve not had a space in which to mention it!

I imagine I’m hardly the only guy here to experience this!

Lupus, so glad you found a place where you can share your experience with the many other men who are going through the same thing. The sad fact in our society is that women are considered better in every way, including beauty and sexually. just look at fashion where women are wearing skimpier and skimpier clothes to show of their “superior” bodies while men have to cover-up their “ugly” bodies from head to toe with expensive clothes like suits.

Onetruemisfit
    Onetruemisfit
    Participant

Women today don’t care about men in suits. Wear some torn up jeans sagging down past your asscrack that’ll get em hot.

Psa_23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

KTH
    KTH
    Participant

Hidden away are my lovely house and boat … and bank account.

This is the best. Women are too stupid to figure out the average looking Joe’s are usually the millionaires and most the people that try desperately to flash cash are broke jokers lol.

My grandfather was a very wealthy industrialist, and a liberated man before that was cool. He always drove around in old Chevys and refused to wear dress shoes. I remember one time when the president of Nikon (who was a good friend of his) was coming to town and he had to rent a car just to have something to pick him up in 🙂

MrRightNow
    MrRightNow
    Participant

I blew out my knee and am wearing an almost robotic looking knee brace. It provides the best excuse to dress in gym shorts every day even though I can easily fit slacks over it. On the best days I wear a polo shirt with my gym shorts. Point is I dress mostly like a slacker.

I walk into the bank and nobody (almost all women) gives me the time of day. Then I make my deposit whereupon I guess they see all my account balances and suddenly I’m the best customer they ever had calling me Sir and so on. Now the few that remember me start flirting and trying to help the minute I walk in.

Not my cup of tea
    not my cup of tea
    Spectator

Yes women like guys in suits. Most of us like girls in skirts and heels. No problem for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT

Hello and good morning. To those who have written, we are tragically delayed in replying due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. 171 emails have been responded to so far. 80 more to go. A notice will follow when complete. Thank you very much for your patience. - MGTOW.COM