I'd love to see this system become optional for college students…

Topic by Beer

Beer

Home Forums Money I'd love to see this system become optional for college students…

This topic contains 43 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Anonymousyam  anonymousyam 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Anonymousyam
    anonymousyam
    Participant

There are towns near me that have public high schools with 2,000+ students, and towns where the public high schools have around 300 students.

Which you fail to realize tends to be based on Population and amount of Students for example the High School in Barrow Alaska does not need to be the same size or same amount of funding as a High School on Long Island or in the NYC Metropolitian area. I think there is a right to a Quality Education and that involves improving the Schools instead of just diverting the resources from them to Private/Religious Schools.

My friend at work is as atheist as they come. His wife is Jewish. They send their kid to a Catholic high school. Why?

Under my System the Private Schools still exist rather no Government funding goes towards them but the Religion of the Catholic School is not as bad as the Baptist Schools (which force the Religion on the Students more, deny them learning Evolution) the main f~~~up of the Catholic School in my opinion is the lack of Sex Education (also common in the Baptist Schools).

Now since you are blindly pro union, what happens with s~~~ty teachers in public schools who don’t deserve their job?

Actually no Child left behind as f~~~ed with the Schools however not all Student failure means the Teacher is the one to f~~~ up. Without the Teachers Unions it would be easier to get fired for the crime of having a Class full of Retards or Students who don’t give a s~~~.

The quality of the instructors at private schools, whether affiliated with religion or not, is simply higher

Depends on the Schools and State regulation for the Schools as Private Schools without a high standard (like the Baptist ones) are more likely to hire s~~~ Teachers who don’t have a degree if allowed to do so.

A voucher program would be able to be used at any of them so long as students meet or exceed state standards.

The fact is it still is the Government funding Religion if the Government funds Religious Schools in any manner.

I bet you don’t even realize the federal government forced banks to make sub-prime loans in an attempt to help poor people own homes.

When Banks and Wall street get deregulated, when taxes are cut for the rich recessions/depressions occur and the sub-prime loans only add some support to that.

It just f~~~s everyone else over.

How would it f~~~ everyone else over when the Middle Class is paying about the same rate, slightly higher or slightly lower in taxes? how is an Educated Population a negative for the Country and the People? the more Educated of People are less likely to commit Street crimes then those without an Education (there is a difference between New Hamshire and Alabama).

Oh look…lazy kid who wants everyone to pay for his stuff wants to blame his failures on someone else being successful.

Which does not address my point and when it comes to being lazy i find the Kids of Multi Millionaries (like the Waltons of Walmart) and other People who inherited money from Daddy to be lazier then the Workers are. Will you attack the Walton Family for being a bunch of lazy Billionaries who Kids can do nothing with their lives and still inherit Daddies income?

I clearly said federal income taxes. Learn to read.

Yes alot of People don’t pay Federal income Taxes but that is not the biggest deal since the Taxes i mentioned exist.

Lol you truly are stupid if you think that has anything to do with wanting to collect tax money from heroin addicts.

At least i did not whine because taxes pay for Ambulances.

Just an east coast asshole who likes to curse, If you get offended by words like fuck, cunt, shit, piss, bitch or any racial slurs then you just scroll down.

FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

So we need to Work to survive but we don’t have the right to a Job. So People can starve in the streets in case of the s~~~s even if they want to work they cannot?

There are two types of rights. Positive, and negative. Positive rights, require an action. Negative rights, require inaction. So let’s take my right to property; this requires the government not be allowed to seize my property.

The ‘right to a job’ if it existed, would require that SOMEBODY ELSE be obligated to PROVIDE YOU that job, even if they have no openings or you have no skills they can use.

People did not ‘starve in the streets’ in the Great Depression or the recessions and depressions that preceded it. You had an effective civil society that provided for them–charities. This is a very different economic model than the Leviathan State which we suffer under today. The civil society system was better also, in that it fostered a sense of community that government transfer payments, do not.

Recessions occur due to bad Policies such as Deregulation of Wall street and the Banks, cutting taxes on the rich and shortages of supplies (like the Oil Embargo in the 70’s which contributed to Stagflation).

There are many causes of recession. Increased raw material costs, inflation, higher interest rates, a drop in house prices/assets, a credit crunch. Might this be an argument for LESS government intervention and a stable currency backed by property or metals? Did the government backing high risk mortgages, directly cause the last financial crisis? Remember, Fannie Mae is a GSE — government sponsored entity — and the ONLY way to meet the political objective of affordable low-income housing, to meet their political targets and meet its TRILLION DOLLAR COMMITMENT, was to issue MORE high-risk mortgages. This is an objective reality, not my opinion.

Lol you truly are stupid if you think that has anything to do with wanting to collect tax money from heroin addicts.

Beer’s argument was we shouldn’t tax them, but should only come out once to revive them ONCE; no subsequent calls except to pick up the corpse. I think that’s reasonable. More OD deaths are actually a GREAT way to discourage drug abuse.

As today we are in a Society where the CEO makes hundreds if not thousands the times of the Workers while back in more reasonable times it was about 25 to 35 percent times more then the Workers (so yes still richer then Workers just not to the biggest degree) and by having our Society you make it worse for the Economy.

Let’s take the CEO of Apple Computer. He made $12.8 MM in 2017. Apple has 132,000 employees. So if he was paid the same salary as the janitor, how much more would the common worker make? Well, with 132,000 Crapple employees, it would amount to $98.4 per employee per year. Let’s say they work 40 hour weeks, 50 weeks a year, then that would be a whopping $0.05 an hour raise. So bad boy Tim Cook is depriving the workers of about a nickel an hour. Now, I can pick some other arbitrary example, and it may be a bit more or less.

Also keep in mind the largest companies are getting larger, in terms of GDP contribution — in the 1990’s when I first started working full time, the Fortune 500 comprised about 58% of nominal GDP, now it’s around 73%. As a result of this, CEO pay will rise. That said, I don’t like the way CEO pay is determined by boards comprised of CEO’s of other large companies. But this has almost NO impact upon the stock prices of these companies, either — do similar math on their CEO salary / revenues.

FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

I also wanted to comment on separation of Church and State. I went to Catholic schools. After about 1985, any disadvantaged kids eligible for Title I had to go out to a MOBILE classroom separated from the school, because of a new court case prohibiting use of classrooms IN the religious school. As a child I did not understand all this, why some of my classmates had to go to a mobile classroom. It was later repealed in 1997. But that is a perfect example where the separation just cost taxpayers a S~~~ TON MORE — rental of mobile classrooms, heating, cooling them, maintaining them, wasted time walking from/to them, etc. It was PUBLIC school teachers working with kids on remedial subjects in these classrooms — it wasn’t like they were going to break into the class and start teaching religion… Only difference in these rooms there were no crosses on the walls or religious symbols.

Now I don’t like what the Catholic schools teach on sex education, and many other topics. But *academically* and from a *discipline* standpoint, they are much better than the public schools. They are also better administratively — less admin bloat and politics. As Beer indicated, that is why many NON-Catholics send their kids there. Incidentally, you actually PAY more to go to Catholic school if you are NON-Catholic; they have a separate, significantly HIGHER tuition for non-Catholics and they also don’t give the discount for multiple kids enrolled simultaneously. The parishes subsidize these schools; that is why tuition is lower than secular private schools, typically.

The teachers are also very low paid at most Catholic schools, they are there because they are passionate about teaching. And the stereotype about nuns is garbage, even in the 1980’s there were almost no nuns and today it is even fewer. Also the Catholics use the same textbooks as public schools, some extremist Baptists schools use special textbooks — they teach their own version of history, for instance. Either way it’s a religious indoctrination, but not nearly so much of one at the Catholic Schools, as say, a school using textbooks from Bob Jones.

Anonymousyam
    anonymousyam
    Participant

The ‘right to a job’ if it existed, would require that SOMEBODY ELSE be obligated to PROVIDE YOU that job, even if they have no openings or you have no skills they can use.

Which could be the Government providing that Job rather then forcing Private Business to do so common examples include the Military, Police, Post Office and other types of Work where the Government (not Private Business) provides the Jobs where there is no forced hiring. But outside of that the fact that the US has a Civil Rights act does force People to provide Jobs (aka Discrimination based on Race when it came to Jobs was made illegal).

You had an effective civil society that provided for them–charities.

Where People still starved to death or died because of a lack of Healthcare etc. Charaities have not nor can cover everyone and this is where the Government comes into play using Tax dollars for the purpose of it.

Did the government backing high risk mortgages, directly cause the last financial crisis?

Along with an increased Deficit caused by increasing spending while taking in less revenue via taxes which leads to Recessions/down turns occurring (1920’s, 1980’s, and 2000’s for examples). Of course there were dips before hand (like in the 1970’s based on oil) but cutting taxes and increasing spending is a major driver.

More OD deaths are actually a GREAT way to discourage drug abuse.

Legalizing, tax and regulate are far better ways to do that rather then just not reviving People.

So if he was paid the same salary as the janitor, how much more would the common worker make?

That is a strawman argument rather the argument is while Tim Cook will get paid more the Inequality is not that bad with my prime example being the Walton Family or Jeff Bezos who get the extreme Inequality compared to the Workers (thousands of times more then the average Worker rather then the pasts 25 to 40 times what they make).

But that is a perfect example where the separation just cost taxpayers a S~~~ TON MORE

That is what occurs when they focus their resources on giving money to the Private Schools instead of Public Schools

Just an east coast asshole who likes to curse, If you get offended by words like fuck, cunt, shit, piss, bitch or any racial slurs then you just scroll down.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.