"It makes me happy"

Topic by Daryll55

Daryll55

Home Forums Philosophy "It makes me happy"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SwampFoot  SwampFoot 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    +2
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

Sometimes, LIFE gets us down. We all have our dark moments, be it from Divorce, Bereavement, A job loss, or anything else that turns our world upside-down.
    Attached is a vid on You Tube I hope they will never take down!

It’s about a man who at 109 yrs old shares his outlook toward life.
    (Unfortunately, he died in 2018 at the age of 112)

The comments speak for themselves.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+2
    SwampFoot
    SwampFoot
    Participant

That guy reminds me of my great grandfather.

Every year, the family would get together to celebrate my great grandparents anniversary. My great grandfather used to always say the same thing:

“The secret to a long life and a happy marriage is to quit your bitching, take a shot of whiskey, and figure it the f~~~ out!”

My great grandparents were married for 77 years. They were an interesting couple. They owned hundreds of guns and were known for taking trips to different countries and hooking up with the local women lol.

If they thought it was fun, they did it. They got up to all kinds of stuff that was considered quite scandalous back then. They both lived to be over 100. Oddly enough, my grandfather(their son) died at the age of 70, even though he lived a “wholesome” christian life.

My great grandmother used to laugh about how many cousins we probably have all over europe lol.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.