It Only Gets Better

Topic by Awakened

Awakened

Home Forums MGTOW Central It Only Gets Better

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Hermit  Hermit 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    +9
    Awakened
    Awakened
    Participant

There’s just something about getting lost in some old music that speaks to you like a voice from the distant past. Kinda like a whisper across time from a world that no longer exists.

Some of it I have known since I was a kid, and some of it I’m just discovering, but it all seems like an old friend.

I’ve been on an Allman kick lately. So, what the Hell !!

In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash

+2
    Truthseeker82
    Truthseeker82
    Participant

Great tunes. One of my favs. Live at the Filmore East has to be one of the greatest live albums ever. Enjoy my friend!

+2
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

Yeah, great tunes, thanks for a great Sat night listen.

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

Sky-O
    Sky-O
    Participant

Tru Dat. . .

Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

You and I are so much alike….
    Weekends for me are all about the blues.

Years ago,I thought “”The Blues” was depressing music made by poor people. What I learned by a pretty young Latina was that “The Blues” was actually musical talent unleashed. In its raw form, it’s pure emotion poured into music. I love the Blues now, and a local radio station has a 2 hour spot they do nothing but regional blues,(and some are pretty damn good)
    Gary Moore, Joe Bonnamassa, Kenny Wayne Sheppard,are favorites.

Here is a band you may recognize doing some blues…

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

Hmskl'd
    hmskl’d
    Participant

entire 1:13:20 long album on disc … beyond excellent with a decent system

+1
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

There’s just something about getting lost in some old music that speaks to you like a voice from the distant past. Kinda like a whisper across time from a world that no longer exists.
    Some of it I have known since I was a kid, and some of it I’m just discovering, but it all seems like an old friend.
    I’ve been on an Allman kick lately. So, what the Hell !!
    <iframe width=”500″ height=”375″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/8YIVUBJuoTQ?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture”></iframe>

Music like that transports me back to the wonderful times when I was a carefree teenager running around with friends, riding motorcycles, having sex with hot young girls, swimming in the river………and you’re right, that world no longer exists. It’s sad to think back to those times because you can never go back, but it’s also nice to remember those times. It’s almost like meditating. Man, that was literally a lifetime ago…………….. Youth is wasted on the young………………..

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

+1
    MarketWatcher
    MarketWatcher
    Participant

. Youth is wasted on the young

Yup. And wealth is wasted on the old.

Twist
    Twist
    Participant

a voice from the distant past

Never heard the ABB do a Morning Dew. After over 3 decades of listening. Fascinating. Thanks.

I was more used to this kind of stuff:

Colin Combover in a Coma
    Colin Combover in a Coma
    Participant

D Ream was right then….
    White folk have no business making/distributing and listening to the blues. What have they got to be “blue” about?

+1
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

. Youth is wasted on the young

Yup. And wealth is wasted on the old.

A friend of mine retired just a few years ago and while considering the decision, he was very worried that he didn’t have enough money saved away. Several times he told me, “Start saving now, my friend……save a lot of money now……”. I’ve stopped worrying about retirement a long time ago. I don’t know if I’ll have enough money, but I’m not overly concerned about it. So, in order to feel secure about retirement funding, I should stop living my life now and just sit and do nothing but save money, for a future me that may die soon? No, I have a little in the 401K that may or may not be enough, but I am able right now to live my life pretty much the way I want and enjoy it, so that’s what I’m going to do. I don’t blow through money like a stupid woman, but I live a pretty good lifestyle within my means.

My friend who was so worried about having enough money for retirement is now dying and may vey well die with a s~~~ ton of unspent money. He would’ve been better off to live a little better while he was still healthy.

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.