Man-Castles

Topic by Changed Display Name

Changed Display Name

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Man-Castles

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by WPL  WPL 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    +8
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

Check out some of these Man-Castles that are based on a two-floor barn design; the bottom floor is for storage/workshop, and the second floor is the living quarters. The prices are for the materials only, but take a look at the sizes of the structures, and the floor plans. Even still, estimating prices for a contractor to assemble, land, and utilities, they’re still a dynamite deal. For me, with a vintage car collection to manage, and expand, the Apartment or Garage & Workshop home kits fulfill my needs.

https://dcstructures.com/

Here in Commie-fornia, you can’t purchase any house close to these dimensions for these types of prices.

Of course, try to convince cupcake to live in a “barn”, and she’d reject it on social perception alone.

+4

Anonymous

Nice find. Very interesting.

+7
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Of course, try to convince cupcake to live in a “barn”, and she’d reject it on social perception alone.

That’s a fundamental truth right there.

Pumpkin is a fake, a construct. It’s all about her image, her Hollywood fantasy. Hamsterworld. Living in a ‘barn’ wouldn’t fit with that.

+4
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

Here, we guys consider the merit of the purchase based on, but not limited to: cost-benefit analysis, projected use efficiency, minimum/maximum functional parameters, capacity for variation and expansion, logistical implications, lifestyle compliments/conflicts, and startup & maintenance costs.

While here, cupcake only has to consider the purchase based on what here fellow harpies would think of her living in a “barn.”

On the flip side, what a great way to deter any woman who attempts to strike up a conversation with you –

Her: Hello, I haven’t seen you before. You new around here?
    MGTOW: Yup, I live in a barn.
    Her: *audible pause* with a stunned and disapproving look, followed by a silent and abbreviated departure.

+3
    WPL
    WPL
    Participant

I knew a guy who lived in a barn on a rural TN property without an actual house, but when the taxman found out, the barn was reclassified as a residence and his taxes increased accordingly. This guy was a very successful businessman and he certainly could have lived in a “McMansion” or a fancy faux-farmhouse, but he liked nature and he liked his barn. Very interesting guy in general.

I had always intended to buy an old factory, warehouse, barn, or similar on a bit of land and just live there — but my (now ex-) wife derailed that. I’m happy with where I live now, but if I ever move, I’ll probably build a large pole barn and finish half of it as my living quarters and the other half will be a workshop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.