More important than life.

Topic by Astro

Astro

Home Forums Philosophy More important than life.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Astro  Astro 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    +9
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

I wasn’t sure if I should post this here or in “Health & Fitness”: I have said very little at MGTOW in the last year and I don’t know when I will post again. I had a brain aneurism while driving a bus in August/2018 and am now epileptic after gamma knife. I have been suffering from brain damage and this April, I also had a heart attack and stent and am now on disability. After many ambulance trips, I have had time to think about my own mortality.

My wife and I have been separated for four years and I joined MGTOW soon after. We are on friendly terms and both realize we both made mistakes, I drank and she cheated. However, I remain a sworn MGTOW Monk and with my epilepsy medication, it’s becoming less by choice. My wife has made insinuations of wanting to move back in to help to take care of me, my answer would still be “NO!” I would rather die sooner than live without trust. She said she hasn’t been able to find anyone since we split and being that we are in our mid-50’s, that might be true. True or not, I refuse to be the cuck she wanted me to be when we split up four years ago. Perhaps some of you can relate.

I have become reasonably happy living alone with my dachshund, I know he will never betray me. If I must choose between miserable longevity to a shorter lived happiness, I think happiness is more important than life. I will listen to most of what the doctors say but in the end, they will also face their own mortality. Who knows? I might live another 20 years but I am ready for whatever.

+5
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

I totally RESPECT your morals. Being happy and living LIFE is prime.
    I too face my own mortality. It’s funny; when we are young we figure we will live forever. When LIFE lets you know you are human, you begin to think about what is important in your world.
    I would rather be happy and alone, than miserable living what someone else thinks should be the way I should live while being with them.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+7
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

My wife has made insinuations of wanting to move back in to help to take care of me …

Reverse Monkey Branch.

She want’s to ‘take care of you’. Yeah right. Put that together with this:

She said she hasn’t been able to find anyone since we split and being that we are in our mid-50’s, that might be true.

Damned out of her own mouth. She tried the carousel again but got nowhere because she’s hit the Wall. Now she’s desperately casting about for a retirement plan.

Don’t fall for it.

+4
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

Hi Astro, thanks for coming back to the site, however temporarily.

Death is an inevitability we all must face. Some die before they can speak, others right after they get pubes and a handful after a century has passed.

Having the ability to find contentment with our lot in life in the present moment is necessary to attain inner peace and it sounds like you’re pretty much there. Good on you, sir.

I’ve accepted my own death about 6-7 years ago and even though I’ve been through depression-like lethargic phases since, it’s been smooth sailing for a while but since all the magic about this existence is gone, I’m just coasting now, calmly waiting for my end.

One good thing about this is that I no longer feel the need to conform to social conventions. I don’t need to do something because everybody’s doing it. I don’t have to waste my energy going to parties I don’t want to go to, or talk to people I don’t like or let a parasite into my home. When we take many steps back and look at life from the perspective of the universe (living organisms on a grain of sand), we realize that we don’t even have to talk at all. All the arguing is pointless. Next time someone annoys me, I could just look at them and talk about the fact that in 50 years we’ll both be dead… what can they say after that ? Nothing. Talking about death really makes simps uncomfortable. LOL

Anyway, I digress.

+4
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

My wife has made insinuations of wanting to move back in to help to take care of me, my answer would still be “NO!” I would rather die sooner than live without trust. She said she hasn’t been able to find anyone since we split and being that we are in our mid-50’s, that might be true. True or not, I refuse to be the cuck she wanted me to be when we split up four years ago. Perhaps some of you can relate.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Sorry about the laughter, it is in response to this situation only.
    Funny (both in humour and irony) how often this situation arises isn’t it? Considering it is always a woman intimating her selflessness in this type of offer whilst inadvertently giving away her selfishness. I too have had this “offer” put forward by a both my ex wives, a few ex “girlfriends”, and a couple “family members” to move in and “care” for me. I believe this type of offer comes up when they realize nobody (male OR female) wants them, or wants to put up with the baggage/drama/etc they bring along with them.
    Aside from providing shelter, security, sustenance, and financial stability/freedom to/for any woman (and most likely her own/other parasites), this type of offer has very little to do with my actually being cared for nor any of my desires or needs, just what I can provide for them in various degrees.
    At the risk of being rude, crude, and 1 dimensional, I only have one reason to have a woman “live” in my home and that is sex, and she doesn’t have to live here for that.
    I do everything else for myself, on my terms, in my own time, and anything I dont want to do (chore/work) I pay someone else to do it for me.
    Aside from sex (and that isn’t enough to change my stance)there is nothing any woman anywhere at any time can offer me that could change me.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+4
    743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

Alcoholism is no reason to cheat. She made the choice to go outside the marriage.

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

Happiness and self-preservation supercedes all other worldly pleasures man! Glad you’re choosing to go your own way and not submitting to the whims of others. I do hope you live 20 years or maybe even longer. Peace.

Going my own way, one step at a time.

+3
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

Alcoholism is no reason to cheat. She made the choice to go outside the marriage.

As I stated here, I never seen myself Alcoholic and I didn’t show any symptoms when I stopped. I was worse than ab alcoholic, I was a sailor. So far this year, I have had three beers total because it sucks going to the hospital.

+2
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

As I stated here, I never seen myself Alcoholic and I didn’t show any symptoms when I stopped. I was worse than ab alcoholic, I was a sailor. So far this year, I have had three beers total because it sucks going to the hospital.

I know it’s off-topic, but I was drinking frequently although not heavily. I was wondering why I felt tired and unable to focus during the next few days and after reading about alcoholism, I realized that they were withdrawal symptoms. That scared me right off. Haven’t had any alcohol in the last year, and not planning on drinking again in the future.

+2
    Varun
    Varun
    Participant

I know it’s off-topic, but I was drinking frequently although not heavily. I was wondering why I felt tired and unable to focus during the next few days and after reading about alcoholism, I realized that they were withdrawal symptoms. That scared me right off. Haven’t had any alcohol in the last year, and not planning on drinking again in the future.

I experimented with a bit of alcohol after I graduated high school and was working at my first job; turned out I had high tolerance but I had a weak liver. Had my bile levels shoot up so high the doc diagnosed me with induced jaundice. Was admitted for about 10 days.

That was when I was 5 years ago; haven’t had a drink since and will never drink / smoke again.

Going my own way, one step at a time.

+3
    Astro
    Astro
    Participant

As an epileptic, four beers or more would put me in the ICU so there was my cure. I had a high tolerance and a good liver before then, some can drink allot of beer without being an alcoholic but that can be argued as even worse if you have a bad heart. I gave up tobacco in 2014 and although I still vape, I have dropped the nicotine levels from 12% to 3% lately. Since I had a mild heart attack this April, that is a good thing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.