Old Vinyl

Topic by EG

EG

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Old Vinyl

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by 743 roadmaster  743 roadmaster 1 day, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    +6
    EG
    EG
    Participant

Today’s media aren’t worth watching and listening to, with their constant hate-filled message aimed at men and boys, and this creates a dilemma for an audio/video gearhead with a great setup. What do you watch and listen to? I’ve been getting into my old vinyl collection, much of it inherited and unlistened-to. Everything old is new again. Just because a record came out forty years ago doesn’t mean those songs can’t get stuck in my head and become my audio soundtrack for the summer! I did some upgrades to my AV system before the lockdown and layoff and I had plenty of time to clean and listen to lots and lots of records. Among my earworms lately are: Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Kansas, and Neil Diamond. Every minute I listen to these records is a minute of my consumption time denied to some woke studio somewhere and that’s deliberate. Call it a boycott. When I’m listening to an old record I deny Nikki Minaj or whoever access to my ears. Also, I discovered that vinyl sounds incredible when you run it through a Creative soundcard with the Crystalizer feature turned on and simulated surround sound; like Phil Collins is screaming In The Air Tonight right in front of my face. Awesome! I love a quality listening experience and I won’t let the woke cult detract from that. There’s way too much material of quality already out there.

Let every dollar of these woke companies’ marketing budgets be lost on you as MGTOW

+3
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

The only vinyl records in this house are Elvis and that’s my dad’s. I listen to MP3 music, such as right as I type this message. I listen to: KMFDM, 80s music, soundtracks and Anime.

https://themanszone.webs.com/

+2
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

I listen to a variety of artists but rarely on the radio.

When I do, it’s non-commercial radio late at night when they play classical or jazz. Otherwise, it’s death metal or electronic or experimental. A lot of it is instrumental so I don’t get to hear “popular opinions”. Although death metal always have vocals, it’s hard to sound and act feminist when you’re in a metal band. A lot of death metal bands have MGTOW-approved lyrics.

You should see me when I hear commercial radio… I become aggressive like a threatened lion. I tend to walk away quickly for everyone’s sake.

+2
    EG
    EG
    Participant

Otherwise, it’s death metal or electronic or experimental. A lot of it is instrumental so I don’t get to hear “popular opinions”.

Music for the music’s sake, it’s hard to politicize music that doesn’t have any words

Let every dollar of these woke companies’ marketing budgets be lost on you as MGTOW

+2
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

Otherwise, it’s death metal or electronic or experimental. A lot of it is instrumental so I don’t get to hear “popular opinions”.

Music for the music’s sake, it’s hard to politicize music that doesn’t have any words

Exactly, it has a free-flowing path straight to our right hemisphere, no interference.

+2
    EG
    EG
    Participant

The only vinyl records in this house are Elvis and that’s my dad’s. I listen to MP3 music, such as right as I type this message. I listen to: KMFDM, 80s music, soundtracks and Anime.

Techno-EDM is what I produce and enjoy, and classic rock is where my heart is. Especially when I discover an old album by a band I knew but was no too familiar with and they end up being my favorite jam for a while.

743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

The other day while picking up supplies in town, I noticed wally world has a record section. i would guess around 100 or so.

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.