Removing Marriage from the Government's Hands

Topic by Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce Removing Marriage from the Government's Hands

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Vajra Varaha  Vajra Varaha 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    +4
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf
    Participant

Disclaimer: I’m not a MGTOW, but I mostly do agree with the problem that this site sheds light on. I just differ on the solution. I don’t want to argue, but I do want to hear ya’ll’s thoughts on these questions: could removing the government’s involvement in marriage possibly be an alternative solution to walking away from marriage altogether? What do ya’ll think of returning the institution of marriage back to the social contract, instead of a government contract, that it originally was?

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

+12
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Secret Agent MGTOW
    Participant

It is impossible.

Divorce will always require a court of law. Legal disputes require government courts.

In modern society you cannot simply say ‘no more divorces.’ Women file 4 out of 5 divorces. We can’t even get them to stop murdering their own babies as ‘their choice’.

The only option is to not enter into the marriage contract that only one party is actually held accountable for.

Women want everything, but want responsibility and accountability for nothing.

+8
    Spleefer
    Spleefer
    Participant

The deal is AWALT! Divorce is just one tool of pain. Incarceration is another tool. Massive debt. Never ending lists of demands, nagging, violence, yelling. Sounds great. You believe in NAWALT. That’s the difference in views.

Third party or not, it’s just your turn. Let’s say I meet the woman of my dreams this Sunday at church. We date 6 months to a year. Everything is roses. Then what? Next step for me then ? Let’s say we date 2 years. The pressure for me to get married would be unbelievable. Let’s say I get married. Tic tic tic , when will my turn be over? The solution is walking away from a bad deal.

Galatians 5:1 (KJV) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

+5
    Awakened
    Awakened
    Participant

I’m more interested in walking away from the societal matrix as compared to attempting to alter/repair/improve.

In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash

+4
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

At one time in human history “marriage” had been illegal and had no “real” purpose in civilization.
    Then it became a contractual tool for familial/communal security. It benefited 3 “families”, your parents line, her parents line, and the “your/her” new line. Therefor it benefited a community, and became a form of governance in a tribal form. This in turn led to “modern governmental control”.
    In the last 100 years or so, various “governments” stepped up and added “incentives” for marriage, then “slowly” asserting government control over it, first by taking control of all record keeping, then by changing definitions, adjusting taxes/financial benefits, reinterpretation of the definitions, and then deciding on what “conditions” a dissolution of the contract will be permitted.
    “Taking on a wife” became taking a wife, which in turn became being enslaved by a woman, a community, then a society, and finally a “government” (not necessarily in that order). Which in turn went from physical and financial security for a woman and offspring for a man, to “oppression of women”.
    In essence the “government” became the parent/protector/provider/enforcer by proxy for all women, at the detriment of most men, not only the “married women”.

At issue is that no government nor woman for that matter would “surrender” the level of power and control that marriage gives either tyrant.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

+3
    Ogre
    Ogre
    Participant

Disclaimer, I’m still married. If the Government wasn’t involved, who would give her my stuff for doubling in mass and getting lazy in the sack?

I’m not picking at YOU, it’s just a simple matter of it is what it is. As it is it’s a bad deal. In your version it might be slightly better, but there’s always the noise, and the mess, and the one sided effort. The Government involvement is the least of the reasons I’d never marry again, no matter what the rules were.

If I decide to ride my motorcycle to Nepal the first one to say that’s crazy is any bitch I’m currently sticking my dick into, and supporting.

I don’t NEED anything any woman offers. When men realize they are the builders, maintainers, supporters of society then maybe they’ll value themselves enough to not throw rings at random hitches that give them sex regularly.

Second disclaimer. My wife is the best version of a female I’ve ever known and I’d leave tomorrow if she could survive on the half she’s guaranteed in family court, but her lifestyle can’t be supported on half plus the most she’s ever made.

I failed to realize in my youth that I was the prize. I was going to work. I was going to earn. Little did I realize that due to feminism, that no longer meant I had to share. Road soon, Desert after.

+1
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

“Taking on a wife” became taking a wife, which in turn became being enslaved by a woman, a community, then a society, and finally a “government” (not necessarily in that order). Which in turn went from physical and financial security for a woman and offspring for a man, to “oppression of women”.
    In essence the “government” became the parent/protector/provider/enforcer by proxy for all women, at the detriment of most men, not only the “married women”.

A young MAN in TODAY’S WORLD should heed this.
    Well said.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+4
    Hmskl'd
    hmskl’d
    Participant

MGTOW here for 22 years .. currently and long time Monk …
    to be brutally honest, I can’t see marriage as part of my life. Understanding that I don’t approach life and my path in the same light as many if not most. In my own sphere, I don’t want to pass on my genetics or traits to anyone. In other words, I have no desire for offspring. This leads directly to .. no need for marriage .. again, this is just me.
    As a heterosexual male, my aversion to the perils of pairing with a female far outweigh my needs for companionship. It goes deeper .. I have created a life for myself that can be thought of as a clockworks. It works .. and adding the moods, demands and endless surprises of an awalt in the house would almost inevitably throw a wrench into the gears and springs of that timepiece.
    I need her for nothing .. I cook, I bake .. my home is minimalistic comfortable .. and I work most of the time. My hobbies are also slightly demanding and I just can’t see them “meshing” with a typical female’s approach.
    I see her as desiring a Disney Cruise .. I’d prefer a coin show or electronics expo or something beyond her ability to tolerate.
    … I guess that all that’s left to discuss is the “companionship thing” .. what she has to offer doesn’t measure up to the cost it would entail. If I get lonely I can go “high tech” and find an alternative to an organic that will not only be better .. it won’t walk out the door and take me to the proverbial cleaners, financially and emotionally .. on a whim.
    …. Cheers

+3
    Bstoff
    bstoff
    Participant

Even with govt. out of marriage, and even with feminism, etc., out of cultural control, marriage is still a bad deal for a man.

I have been married/divorced twice.
    I have learned that lesson.

I have cohabited since then, and I am now, but I still feel trapped in many ways, even though I think she is the best version of a woman I am going to find.

If you are able, avoid intertwining yourself with a woman.
    You will surely suffer for it later.

+1
    FrankOne
    FrankOne
    Participant

I don’t think government should stipulate a one-size fits all marriage contract. Individuals should decide what PRIVATE contracts they want to enter.

Want a religious ‘covenant marriage’ contract where it’s hard to get divorced and one party is found at fault and if either party commits adultery they get nothing? Go for it.

Want a ‘marriage contract’ where in case of divorce, custody is 50/50 and assets are split based on earnings during marriage years, and no transfer of any retirement benefits, no child support, no alimony? Go for it.

Want a gay marriage or polygamous arrangement? I’m not judgemental — write up whatever contract you please, which would also specify where disputes are handled — if in public courts, the parties pay for everything, if in alternative dispute resolution/private courts, the parties still pay for everything.

Most women will ask, in cohabitation, ‘Where is this relationship going?’ and want marriage. What is the advantage TO THE MAN for marriage?

If men and women are cheaters, they will cheat, whether married or not.

With no-fault divorce and changes in laws, the pendulum swung from divorce favoring the man (he kept the children), to what we have now, where divorce typically favors the woman, who usually receives child support and majority custody.

+2
    CPT Obvious
    CPT Obvious
    Participant

my aversion to the perils of pairing with a female far outweigh my needs for companionship. …what she has to offer doesn’t measure up to the cost it would entail.

^^^ My feelings in a nutshell.

The government should get out of the marriage business, but even if they did divorces would still result in civil and criminal (one phone call) cases involving the courts.

Precedents and case law would dictate divorce proceedings, and not much would change from what we have today.

"You don't know a woman till you have met her in divorce court."
    +1
    Vajra Varaha
    Vajra Varaha
    Participant

Disclaimer: I’m not a MGTOW, but I mostly do agree with the problem that this site sheds light on. I just differ on the solution. I don’t want to argue, but I do want to hear ya’ll’s thoughts on these questions: could removing the government’s involvement in marriage possibly be an alternative solution to walking away from marriage altogether? What do ya’ll think of returning the institution of marriage back to the social contract, instead of a government contract, that it originally was?

1. If you aren’t MGTOW, why are you f~~~ing bothering us?

2. If we still had a moderator, I’d vote your tuna ass out of here.

3. This jackass is either a journalist or an academic researcher. P~~~ off.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.