Teaser Trailer for Cobra Kai Season 2.

Topic by Faust For Science

Faust For Science

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Teaser Trailer for Cobra Kai Season 2.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Faust For Science  Faust For Science 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    +1
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

Teaser Trailer for Cobra Kai Season 2.

For those whom do not know, in May 2018 Season 1 of Cobra Kai premiered on Youtube Red. This series was a massive sleeper hit. A awesome series that was a mix of everything good about 1980’s pop culture and pointing out what is culturally bad in the present. Watching this series was like downing a whole bottle of red pills with a jug whiskey and loving every minute of it.

Cobra Kai is a direct sequel to the original Karate Kid movies. But, unlike other sequels that are from decades old, Cobra Kai does the sequel right, to the point it has revived the franchise and made the series better.

The series has the returning cast of William Zabka as Johnny Lawrence and Ralph Macchio as Daniel LaRusso. And both these actors hit it out of the park. New cast members also show style of skill, with a plot that shows gray overtones to the franchise and how everyone views himself or herself as the hero of their own story.

This series is so good with its comedy, drama, and action, with wicked overtones of tragedy throughout the plot-arc.

The series is both cheesy and Shakespearean at the same time while remaining entertaining. You will binge watch this series and then want more.

In others words, go see season one of Cobra Kai. And when you are finished, here is the trailer to season two.

Carnage
    Carnage
    Participant

… Are you high?

Guys, you forgot? The 80s is what f~~~ed us up, too much men being men s~~~, too much simping, doing the right thing, too much the good guy wins at the end, too much bulls~~~, do not fall for the old programming.

Titus forget the cross, grab the m60.

To those following me, be careful, I just farted. Men those beans are killers.

+1
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

From the episode I saw last year, it looked actually pretty good. I was surprised.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+1
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

I downloaded season 1 last year. I look forward to downloading season 2 this year when at torrent becomes available. I don’t have YouTube Red, so I have to wait for an available download.

This is a man's world and we men must take it by the throat and make it give us everything we desire!

End
    End
    Participant

I could only last 50 seconds into that trailer. Good grief. The endless supply of crap that is made today is just frightening. All they do is continually remake s~~~ in one way or another. Although I agree with Carnage, I think there is another important point to make. The ENTIRE reason why certain movies were hits back in the day and became classics is because of PURE HUMAN CREATIVITY. Creative writers, creative talented actors, creative soundtracks made by creative musicians. THERE IS NOTHING CREATIVE ABOUT REDOING SOMEONE ELSES WORK. NOTHING. There isn’t a single f~~~ing creative bone in these peoples body. They just want to get an easy paycheck.
    There used to be a time when people took creative risks. Now it’s just manufactured crap with fake rehashed manufactured music. I get more enjoyment watching a crap B movie from decades long past because at least they tried to do something unique.

Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

Some of you whom posted replies here claim that the trailer or set up for the Cobra Kai series shows the series is blue pill.

You could not be further from the truth. Season One of Cobra Kai is very red pill because the core of the Cobra Kai series is the same that made so many 1980’s films and series so awesome, that being for people daring to be badassess. To strive to be better. To push it to the limit. To go beyond one’s expectations. Maybe to far, but that is debatable.

Not only does Cobra Kai show this, but also Cobra Kai shows how the corruptions of political correctness denies people from reaching their true potential.

Cobra Kai Season One picks up thirty or so years after the original Karate Kid series ended, with both Johnny and Daniel suffering at opposite ends of blue pill hell.

Johnny is wasting away from one dead end job after another, until he realizes his calling, martial arts.

Meanwhile, Daniel is drowning in success, where he has lost his center for his moral compass, until he realizes his calling, martial arts.

Both men are forced to face their inner demons, which are tangled with each other that causes bad blood to be revived between the two of them.

And both characters are presented with students.

The main two students are Miguel for Johnny and Robby for Daniel.

Miguel is a teenager that desires to be better than he is, but he has no way to do so until he meet Johnny. Also, Miguel states that he is a fan of Deadpool and likely the Deadpool movie. Well, the first Deadpool movie was rate R, and Miguel is a teenager, though he is the type to seek in a see the movie in the theater and likely buy it on disc if he had the money. Miguel is the 1980’s teenage boy archetype.

On a side note, at the meta level, those making the Deadpool film series must have been aware of the Deadpool references in Cobra Kai, but the Deadpool 2 film had some nice Karate Kid references in the film.

On the other hand, Robby is the classic 1990’s teenage boy archetype who wallows in his problems until he meets Daniel. After Daniel starts to train Robby, Robby finds his center and moral compass.

The story arcs for Miguel and Robby are both well written and tragic for differing reasons.

There are other new characters in this series that are very well written as well.

During the series, in a very creative way, Johnny is forced to realize the jerk he was when he was a teenager. And we get to see a different side of Daniel. That Daniel would have likely become a very evil man if he had not found Miyagi, with Miyagi taking Daniel under his wing.

Also, the Cobra Kai series show that if Johnny and Daniel had met under different circumstances, they might have become good friends. Even in the Cobra Kai series, Johnny points out to Daniel that they have some sort of Apollo/Rocky vibe going between them.

After saying all this, Cobra Kai is not very dark. Cobra Kai has some very good comedic scenes. In this way Cobra Kai gives off an anime vibe in that it is a mix of comedy, drama, and action.

If you do not want to see the Cobra Kai series, that is your choice, but by doing so you will miss out on a very red pill series.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.