The Hidden Target on My Back Just Got Bigger

Topic by Changed Display Name

Changed Display Name

Home Forums Money The Hidden Target on My Back Just Got Bigger

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by SpiderHerder  SpiderHerder 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    +7
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

A little background on this-

The retired couple across the street from my parents, whom I affectionately refer to as Mom-and-Dad #2, gave me Power-of-Attorney and made me beneficiary of their estate, via a trust, (house, possessions, life insurance policies, accounts, etc.) a few years ago, as they do not have any family.

I’m also the only child to my biological parents (Mom-and-Dad #1), and sole beneficiary, via another trust, to all their stuff
    (house, cars, life insurance policies, accounts, etc.).

Each Trust is, at this point, valued close to $1M.

Thus far, at 42, and excluding either of these trusts, I’ve already amassed a personal net worth of about $500k, and should crest $1m before I hit 50.

Earlier today, Dad #2 told me that his mother wants me to be 3rd line (after Mom-and-Dad #2) for her trust. All her stuff would pass to her son (Dad #2) if she passes 1st, which would then pass to me upon Mom-and-Dad #2’s passing; directly listing me as beneficiary of her trust now ensures that I will inherit her assets (close to $1M also).

Bottom line-

The addition of me as a sole-beneficiary to another trust (3rd) just made the target on my back, albeit currently concealed to all but a few trusted emissaries, that much bigger. As a result, I will have to ghost even more, to protect my ass(ets); I can’t afford to let anyone (read-women) know about them.

Normally, once the sharks (women) sense blood in the water, they come in droves to devour the prey.

Well guess what, I’m not ever going (back) in the water.

+5
    NerdTunneler
    NerdTunneler
    Participant

They should spend some stuff on themselves…For little enjoyments and such because that is such a big target on you…

I stand with feet apart and let my balls hang free...Manginas dont have balls...See how they stand and sit at the whim of their masters...

+7
    Bub
    Bub
    Participant

You’re going to miss out on some “Top Shelf” Poon.

L O L.

answer: there is no top shelf poon…….

#awalt

Just rolling down the road

+6
    Spleefer
    Spleefer
    Participant

Don’t talk to the cute Para Legals in the lawyers office! They are the only ones that know your worth. Lol this stuff I used to think was kinda crazy, then I saw how they act. Like meercats when they hear me talk. You see their heads pop up from their cubes. They are trained to smile at you like you are Brad Pitt as well.

Galatians 5:1 (KJV) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

+4
    TG
    TG
    Participant

The good thing for you at this point is that you don’t have access to any of that cash so your lifestyle won’t change. I think there’s a big difference between what a guy is worth and what he is willing to spend. Women want a guy that will spend money on her, regardless of how much he has. If he has it, that’s great, because she can sponge off of you for a longer time period. But even if you are just working yourself to death and going into debt she’ll still be there as long as you are spending.

The worst guys are guys that have money but won’t spend it on her. Of course the connection of not spending money as a cause for having money doesn’t really matter because money is made to be spent on her. Those are the women with a target on your back, but they would never know because you couldn’t spend any of that money if you wanted to.

They should spend some stuff on themselves…For little enjoyments and such because that is such a big target on you…<i class=”fas fa-beer”></i>

Great point. You should encourage them to spend a bunch of it and enjoy what time they have left. Assuming their health allows them to.

And then there’s always the most powerful word in the English language to fall back on: NO.

All in all, good problems to have. Good luck.

Order the good wine

+3
    Monk
    Monk
    Participant

Don’t talk to the cute Para Legals in the lawyers office! They are the only ones that know your worth. Lol this stuff I used to think was kinda crazy, then I saw how they act. Like meercats when they hear me talk. You see their heads pop up from their cubes. They are trained to smile at you like you are Brad Pitt as well.

Good point. We’ve heard plenty of stories of bank cashiers coming on to men with big balances.

+4
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

Good points. I’ve known them for 20+ years, and they already have/are doing whatever they want. The likelihood of them tapping into the additional resources at this point is very small; they’re also into their twilight years 70+, so they are pretty content with not making any more drastic life changes unless absolutely necessary.

+2
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

I feel the same way. I’m the only child to my dad and second of three to my mother and if anything happened to my dad (just hit 65 3 days ago), I would collect everything. I’m afraid that my aunt and her spoiled 4 kids would try to rip me off of my inheritance.

Trump Republican For Life - Make America Great Again

+5
    Stealth
    Stealth
    Participant

Yep, best to keep silent about all of the above.

"Once you’ve taken care of the basics, there’s very little in this world for which your life is worth deferring." -David Hansson. "It’s not when women are mean or nasty that anything is out of the ordinary. It’s when they are NICE to you that you have to be on high alert..." -Jackinov.

+7
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

Seems like the more successful/wealthy we (single men) become, the more paranoid (alert) we should be.

+3
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

The addition of me as a sole-beneficiary to another trust (3rd) just made the target on my back, albeit currently concealed to all but a few trusted emissaries, that much bigger. As a result, I will have to ghost even more, to protect my ass(ets); I can’t afford to let anyone (read-women) know about them.

Normally, once the sharks (women) sense blood in the water, they come in droves to devour the prey.

Have a lawyer and follow all laws, regulations and taxes on these estates.

In addition, be weary of who you talk to as the banks whom deal with these estates.

Many bank employees are women and will gossip.

Though, that being said, until any of these estates are settled and the money is in your hands, you are no in as much danger as you believe.

Most golddiggers will not make their move until they are sure their target can write check against the money she believes the man has.

+5
    Changed Display Name
    Changed Display Name
    Participant

I want to get ahead of this and lay the groundwork, physically and mentally, so that I can ensure my cards remain close to my chest when they’re finally dealt to me.

+2
    Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

YEP!
    Every MAN that walks into a Bank has the women there putting your balance above their head.
    The bigger the balance; the bigger the smiles & small-talk.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

+2
    Grumpy
    Grumpy
    Participant

Seems like the more successful/wealthy we (single men) become, the more paranoid (alert) we should be.

There is nothing “paranoid” about being aware of your surroundings and the moral/legal/financial/emotional/physical “environment” you live in. Paranoia is irrational.
    Now, please…
    Tell me how “paranoid” you really are when you come to realize that everyone wants a bit of your pie. From governments and various taxes, utilities and various extra charges, retailers/wholesalers with mark ups, communities with restrictions and caveats regarding your home and other property, banks with various service charges paid to them, and little interest paid to you, various “charities” exploiting agendas to get free money from you yet put minimal money if any, to the cause the purport to support. Then add in wives/girlfriends/lovers that expect YOU to care for their every desire/need by paying for or giving up stuff, lets not forget your offspring demanding and expecting you to give them as much as you can as well. Well we are at it, how many of your neighbours expect and/or demand your attention and efforts to do shyte for them too.

There was a time in my life when I gave a fuck. Now you have to pay ME for it

SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

There is nothing “paranoid” about being aware of your surroundings and the moral/legal/financial/emotional/physical “environment” you live in. Paranoia is irrational.Now, please…Tell me how “paranoid” you really are when you come to realize that everyone wants a bit of your pie. From governments and various taxes, utilities and various extra charges, retailers/wholesalers with mark ups, communities with restrictions and caveats regarding your home and other property, banks with various service charges paid to them, and little interest paid to you, various “charities” exploiting agendas to get free money from you yet put minimal money if any, to the cause the purport to support. Then add in wives/girlfriends/lovers that expect YOU to care for their every desire/need by paying for or giving up stuff, lets not forget your offspring demanding and expecting you to give them as much as you can as well. Well we are at it, how many of your neighbours expect and/or demand your attention and efforts to do shyte for them too.

Exactly. Like I said in another topic, what sounded paranoid a decade ago is now common sense.

You will definitely have to ghost more and I sure hope your generous surrogate families know that you do not want others to know about your evolving situation. Tell them it’s for your own protection. Maybe they already know it, but just checking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.