The only way to survive marriage.

Topic by Truthseeker82

Truthseeker82

Home Forums Marriage & Divorce The only way to survive marriage.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by SpiderHerder  SpiderHerder 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Truthseeker82
    Truthseeker82
    Participant

I know we have a number of brothers here who are still married. And some, for whatever reasons, are not planning an immediate escape. In most instances it is either due to finances, children or both. Since I am one of those men, I have come up with some effective ways to get through it. Keep in mind this applies to the handful of us who are not in seriously abusive relationships and can actually still tolerate living with our spouses. All others..plan your escape as if your life depended on it!
    Do not at any cost loose sight of your goals. Whether it be work, hobbies, exercising..whatever – it may be all you have left. Also remember, there are TWO people in that marriage – and as miserable as you are – even if she does not show it – she is just as miserable or more. Even when they play their games to perfection – if you don’t give an inch – they know they cannot win and that BURNS them to no end. I also find reading to be a great escape. If you have a room you can “escape” to – go there. If not, most localities have a library. Worth the trip.
    True MGTOW will always be free because you cannot enslave a mind or spirit.
    Enjoy the day Men!

+5
    RoyDal
    RoyDal
    Participant

Do not at any cost loose sight of your goals. Whether it be work, hobbies, exercising..whatever – it may be all you have left.

I have been told many times that men do this to get away from their wives for a time. It is what made marriage tolerable for them.

Society asks MGTOWs: Why are you not making more tax-slaves?

+6
    K
    Hitman
    Participant

Living with a wife is like living in a shark tank…
    Every month the blood in the water. .
    Very risky endeavor. Deep down inside the wife probably wants YOUR blood! .
    Form an escape plan sooner than later!

+4
    Beer
    Beer
    Participant

I’ve never married so I’m sure I’m looking at this through a very simplistic lens, but if you are not happy why stay? Just end it now. Its probably going to end at some point anyhow and the longer it strings along the more expensive the divorce will be and the less time you’ll have til retirement age to recover from it.

+4
    WhackerGuy2030
    WhackerGuy2030
    Participant

Hmmm. I had envisioned this to be something like, “How to survive a gun shot to the head.”

+1
    Perpedes66
    perpedes66
    Participant

It is also important not to listen to the whole moronic talk or to forget it immediately. Not listening is one of my sharpest weapons, that makes all women crazy. Women never want to solve a problem, they just want to talk about it! My favorites: Reading, listening to music, sports and messing up the schedule of my wife (;-).

+5
    Learning
    learning
    Participant

Thanks truthseeker. I would also add:

1) Keep quiet most of the time. Basically don’t talk much at all – only converse when required or when spoken to. Only reply in one or two words.
    2) When she starts to draw you into an argument (which she will if you are keeping quiet most of the time), you have to ignore everything she says. She will start with small bad stuff and it will escalate slowly to absolutely horrible s~~~ (e.g. talking badly about your parent that may have passed away recently). Whatever happens, don’t respond.

I have a counter on my phone for when my youngest turns 18. After that, I will be like the guy in the movie ‘Office Space’. I just won’t go to work (marriage).

+4
    Bee
    Bee
    Participant

I’ve never married so I’m sure I’m looking at this through a very simplistic lens, but if you are not happy why stay? Just end it now. Its probably going to end at some point anyhow and the longer it strings along the more expensive the divorce will be and the less time you’ll have til retirement age to recover from it.

You’re damned if you dammed if you dont. If it goes well, you give up 50% of your current assets, future income and access to your children and cause the kids a bunch of stress.

All it takes for it to go terribly is for her to accuse you of abuse, child abuse, move across the country after the divorce….

A lot of guys know this and will try to push on, if only for the kids. It is a sacrifice of self. Women on the other hand will leave because they are not happy (bored, unexcited, new man with new excitement).

+2
    XSDBS
    XSDBS
    Participant

Not listening is one of my sharpest weapons, that makes all women crazy. Women never want to solve a problem, they just want to talk about it!

Countless times I’ve had to put up my hand and say “If you want me to help with/fix your problem, I’ll be more than happy to. But I’m not listening to you complain about it.”
    Most of the time, that results in me walking away because they continue to complain.

+2
    Rolling Tin Fist
    Rolling Tin Fist
    Participant

I have a counter on my phone for when my youngest turns 18. After that, I will be like the guy in the movie ‘Office Space’. I just won’t go to work (marriage).

Yup. My counter is in my head. 🙂 Since the red pill just over a year ago, I’ve been focusing more on exercise, meditation, minimalism, avoiding arguments, motorsports, and at least an annual, red-pill getaway.

The last one is my favorite, because I take-off with red-pill men (no kids or women) for 4 to 8 days. Sometimes it’s a motorcycle rally, other times it’s international.

Life is so much better.

"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another" - H. L. Mencken

+2
    Turquoise Turtle
    Turquoise Turtle
    Participant

All it takes for it to go terribly is for her to accuse you of abuse, child abuse, move across the country after the divorce…
    A lot of guys know this and will try to push on, if only for the kids. It is a sacrifice of self. Women on the other hand will leave because they are not happy (bored, unexcited, new man with new excitement).

The sad part is the kids will more than likely grow up and be thrust into the EXACT SAME scenario their dad was in (rinse and repeat). Stuck in a s~~~ty marriage, living out much of their adult life in a state of “Quiet Desperation”, only staying married for the “sake of the kids”.

Marriage is just the circle of why bother? A continuous loop of utterly pointless misery for men.

"I'm the last of my guy friends to have never gotten married, and their wives—they don't want them playing with me. I'm like the escaped slave—I bring news of freedom." ~ Bill Maher

+2
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

Marriage is just the circle of why bother? A continuous loop of utterly pointless misery for men.

I’d say that is a succinct description of marriage.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+2
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

There is one way you can survive marriage, and that would be to find a way to get her to publicly or otherwise very indisputably commit suicide.

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+3
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

The only way to survive marriage is not to do it and go MGTOW.

Trump Republican For Life - Make America Great Again

+3
    Won'tGetFooledAgain
    Won'tGetFooledAgain
    Participant

Marriage is just a constant stream of s~~~ tests. Each one you fail is another step towards your almost inevitable divorce. To stay married requires such frame and game that you constantly have to be on your A game and very few men are up to the task.

And what is the point anyway, for most men marriage is a sexless, drudgery where you constantly trying to keep someone else happy. And remember, the more you do for someone the less they respect you so all you are really doing is making them disrespect you and less happy and eventually they will be off with Chad.

I would estimate the statistics are

50% end in divorce – In reality the lucky ones in the long term assuming they can still have enough money to have am acceptable standard of living
    40% stay married but are miserable.
    10% are “happy” but these are the guys that are Alpha enough to take the lead which is ultimately what women want.

In reality, the only way to win is not to play.

For women, everything eventually boils down to Alpha Fucks, Beta Bucks.

+1
    Turquoise Turtle
    Turquoise Turtle
    Participant

Marriage is just a constant stream of s~~~ tests. Each one you fail is another step towards your almost inevitable divorce. To stay married requires such frame and game that you constantly have to be on your A game and very few men are up to the task.
    And what is the point anyway, for most men marriage is a sexless, drudgery where you constantly trying to keep someone else happy. And remember, the more you do for someone the less they respect you so all you are really doing is making them disrespect you and less happy and eventually they will be off with Chad.

This, great observation +100.

That is what I don’t get. After a few years marriage turns into completely pointless drudgery when the daily reality kicks in. What’s even the reward for sticking it out? It’s just endless stress and bs being flung your way 24/7 with almost zero sex. It’s totally pointless and unnecessary responsibility, even with a semi-decent woman if you can ever find one.

"I'm the last of my guy friends to have never gotten married, and their wives—they don't want them playing with me. I'm like the escaped slave—I bring news of freedom." ~ Bill Maher

+2
    SwampFoot
    SwampFoot
    Participant

I guess I am just weird. I have been married for twelve years, and it works for me. I also date other people. So does my wife.

We obviously don’t have a typical marriage, but beyond that, we didn’t get married for typical reasons. My family usually gets married for pragmatic reasons. We want to start a family and have the kids out of the house when we are still young enough to enjoy life. We don’t typically get married for “love”. Oddly enough, nobody in my family has ever gotten a divorce.

It ends up being a mutually beneficial contract. That’s not to say we don’t get along well these days, but the first two years were certainly full of lots of arguments. My wife didn’t grow up with the same ideas regarding marriage, but it eventually grew on her.

These days we are like friends with benefits. Hell, sometimes she will even help me pick up chicks at a bar(that can be fun).

I don’t think I could handle being in a typical western marriage. If it weren’t for the fact that I wanted to raise kids, i probably wouldn’t have gotten married at all.

And no, i don’t need to worry about raising someone else’s kids. Neither my wife not girlfriend can have kids anymore.

To each their own.

The best way to survive a marriage? I would say, if you are in one, expectation management. don’t expect another person to make you happy. That usually doesn’t end well.

+1
    Turquoise Turtle
    Turquoise Turtle
    Participant

I guess I am just weird. I have been married for twelve years, and it works for me. I also date other people. So does my wife… We obviously don’t have a typical marriage, but beyond that, we didn’t get married for typical reasons… The best way to survive a marriage? I would say, if you are in one, expectation management.

If you and your wife are both dating and having sex with other people then why bother getting married? Just have kids and raise them without the marriage.

+1
    SpiderHerder
    SpiderHerder
    Participant

I guess I am just weird. I have been married for twelve years, and it works for me. I also date other people. So does my wife… We obviously don’t have a typical marriage, but beyond that, we didn’t get married for typical reasons… The best way to survive a marriage? I would say, if you are in one, expectation management.

If you and your wife are both dating and having sex with other people then why bother getting married? Just have kids and raise them without the marriage.

And why bother having kids if you already can’t wait for them to be gone ? Bringing new life into this decaying world doesn’t make sense.

+2
    SwampFoot
    SwampFoot
    Participant

If i were doing things again today, i would probably go that route. As it is, it’s a bit too late for that.

I could divorce, but why? To mitigate a risk? If the worst case scenario happens, i will still be fine.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.