Today is a sad day – Stephen Hawkin has died.

Topic by Doc

Doc

Home Forums MGTOW Central Today is a sad day – Stephen Hawkin has died.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by IRuleMe  IRuleMe 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    +12
    Doc
    Doc
    Participant

May one of the giants of modern times Rest In Peace.

You have earned it Professor.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape, finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

+4

Anonymous

Better him than me!

+4
    Doc
    Doc
    Participant

Better him than me!

We naturally Tower. I feel the same. But still a sad day.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape, finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

+7
    Branched off
    Branched off
    Participant

He had a great mind and he must have had great determination to overcome his illness and continue to work. These things deserve to be celebrated but he was also a member of the liberal establishment in academia with a very negative view of humanity.

A woman is like fire -fun to play with, can warm you through and cook your food, needs constant feeding, can burn you and consume all you own

+2

Anonymous

What? You can tell I’ll be the one rowing my self along in a flood atop a pile of corpses? Whistling the Air Force song?

+2
    Doc
    Doc
    Participant

What? You can tell I’ll be the one rowing my self along in a flood atop a pile of corpses? Whistling the Air Force song?

<iframe width=”500″ height=”281″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/sHOq6Sl9u38?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

If I understand you correctly I agree completely.
    Survival of the fittest. Or smartest. Or both.

+7
    Carnage
    Carnage
    Participant

Better him than me!

I can’t see why… actually he didn’t do anything usefull for me…

To those following me, be careful, I just farted. Men those beans are killers.

+1
    Jake
    Jake
    Participant

rest for you had a hard time while you were alive

+4
    Doc
    Doc
    Participant

Better him than me!

I can’t see why… actually he didn’t do anything usefull for me…

Me neither. The dude couldn’t even pour me a coffee.
    But he expanded the human races thinking about time and space.

+4
    Carnage
    Carnage
    Participant

Soo did Star Trek, Star Wars, alien.

To those following me, be careful, I just farted. Men those beans are killers.

+6
    Wizard's Pupil
    Wizard’s Pupil
    Participant

I remember reading “A Brief History of Time” in Highschool. I was impressed back then. I don’t have much respect for the man though. He was a shill for the Leftist Establishment. He would say or do anything they told him to. Promoted Global Warming and Transhumanism.

As far as Science goes, he really didn’t contribute anything that I know of. Just another celebrity “Theorist” who can write some entertaining Science Fiction.

What did he invent that was of real practical value to anyone?

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

+3
    Doc
    Doc
    Participant

Soo did Star Trek, Star Wars, alien.

So did Dr Who, Blake 7 and Tom and Jerry.
    But Hawkin made it scientific.

+3
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

Great scientists are like fine wine. Their ideas grow greater with age.

That Eisenstein guy was onto something. His theory of special relativity stated that matter could yield a lot of energy.

f

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

+3
    Jan Sobieski
    Jan Sobieski
    Participant

He had a hard life.

Love is just alimony waiting to happen. Visit mgtow.com.

+3
    Jim01
    Jim01
    Participant

I remember reading “A Brief History of Time” in Highschool. I was impressed back then. I don’t have much respect for the man though. He was a shill for the Leftist Establishment. He would say or do anything they told him to. Promoted Global Warming and Transhumanism.

As far as Science goes, he really didn’t contribute anything that I know of. Just another celebrity “Theorist” who can write some entertaining Science Fiction.

What did he invent that was of real practical value to anyone?

I kind of agree – I lost all faith in him once he started peddling the global warming crap

plus he used his celebrity to make quite a bit of cash I would imagine

like this c~~~ Brian Cox is now the media’s go-to physicist who just patronises everyone…”air is what we breath” type stuff

+2
    GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

Thanks for starting this post Doc. It is very ironic that he passed away on Pi day. Much like people trying to understand the concept of Pi and why the number is significant, the more you learn about Pi the more you begin to understand how unique and special it is. Most never need to use it, can’t really explain it, but get that it is important in the overal scheme of life.

Such are the contributions that Stephen Hawking made for the scientific world.

“My goal is simple,” he once said. “It is complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”

Would he have made different decisions regarding his personal life if he had not had his physical issues, we’ll never know. He was however someone who’s life was focused on thinking and discussing the above with fellow scientists.

GOD speed Dr Hawking, you are finally seperated from the issues of physical life.

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

+3
    Zerenity
    Zerenity
    Participant

Well this just dropped the general IQ a couple of points globally

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change: Courage to change the things I can: And Wisdom to know the difference. -Reinhold Niebuhr 1951

+1
    Russky2
    Russky2
    Participant

I used to do security at a building where he worked at that is Pi. No matter what you believe about him, I think he was a great mind of our days. But I don’t think that his usefulness can be narrowed down to him being able to pour you a cup of coffee, that’s just not how it works in science.

Science is a double edged sword though, so yeah..

MGTOW AKBAR

+3
    JustAnotherGuy
    JustAnotherGuy
    Participant

He was a great scientific and mathematical mind who ironically demonstrated how useless accomplished scientists are outside their disciplines.

The man pushed the boundaries of human knowledge. I don’t know if he could ever be succeeded.

Cupcakes are Cold. MGTOW is Absolute Zero.
    “Let us wait a little; when your enemy is executing a false movement, never interrupt him” –Napoleon Bonaparte, 1805

+2
    GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

Well this just dropped the general IQ a couple of points globally

———————————————
    Wordles Thought for the Day:

Somebody who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
    – The Law of Thumb
    ———————————————

Hawking was a nice contrast indeed! Thanks again Doc.

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.