Tolkien

Topic by 743 roadmaster

743 roadmaster

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Tolkien

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Swimcat  Swimcat 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    +3
    743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

This might be good. Of course they have to get a woman in the mix, but the core looks like it will be about him and his friends,

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

+4
    Governor Megachris%
    Governor Megachris%
    Participant

Wonder if they’ll cover the fact that Tolkien met his wife, Edith, when he was 16 and she was 19, and his guardian tried preventing him from seeing her so he could focus on his studies.

They’ll probably twist it to make his guardian look like a bad guy for doing it, but imagine if it was a movie about a 16 year old girl going after an adult man.

Edith sounded like bad news from what I recall. Tolkien’s guardian didn’t allow him to see her or else he’d lose his education possibilities. As soon as he turned 21, he wrote a letter to Edith and said he was still in love with her, and if I remember correctly she responded saying she was already engaged to someone else, yet she agreed to meet with him and ended up dumping the other guy instead. Just sounds like typical female behavior to me. Goes to show they’ve never really changed. In that case though, I believe she “downgraded” (or perhaps “went with the bad boy”) because Tolkien at the time wasn’t working an had no future prospects. Guess in that case, she made the right choice since he became one of the best authors of all time.

(I read Tolkien’s autobiography when I was younger, and it was pretty cool considering LOTR and the entire Middle Earth mythos is among my favorite literature. I’m looking forward to this regardless.)

+2
    Swimcat
    Swimcat
    Participant

Tolkien was Catholic, which was unusual among the British upper classes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.