US Women's soccer team sues for discrimination

Topic by TaxGuy

TaxGuy

Home Forums MGTOW Central US Women's soccer team sues for discrimination

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    +12
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/26189867/uswnt-suing-us-soccer-discrimination?addata=espn:frontpage

What better day to file the suit than international women’s day.

The lawsuit in part states “Dispite the fact that these female and male players called upon to perform the same job responsibilities on their teams and participate in international competitions for their single common employer, the USSF, the female players have been consistently paid less money than their male counterparts. This is true even though their performance has been superior to that of the male players–with female players, in contrast to the male players, becoming world champions.”

Yup, they are better than the men. I can think of a very easy way to settle this lawsuit. Put them out on the pitch against each other and see who is really superior. It’s not about effort ladies, it’s about results. And if you really think that men’s soccer and women’s soccer are the same, then go play. There’s a reason the courtside ticket at an NBA game costs more than a courtside ticket to a high school game. It’s the same reason why NBA players get paid and high school kids don’t. And it’s the same reason why you don’t get paid as much.

We all get what we tolerate

+8
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

If they want better pay, all they need to do is choose the right profession.

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

+10
    Branched off
    Branched off
    Participant

I guess all the men that are not allowed to play in the women’s team but who are better than the women should sue. They have been discriminated against on grounds of sex from entering a national team representing its country. These women are paid way above their ability level.

A woman is like fire -fun to play with, can warm you through and cook your food, needs constant feeding, can burn you and consume all you own

+12
    Ranger One
    Ranger One
    Participant

They should just merge women and men’s soccer together. Men and women are EQUAL after all, RIGHT?

All my life I've had doubts about who I am, where I belonged. Now I'm like the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, no doubts. The path is clear. And what are you? Alive. Everything else is negotiable. Women have rights; men have responsibilities; MGTOW have freedom. Marriage is for chumps. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart-R'as al Ghul.

+3
    Colin Combover in a Coma
    Colin Combover in a Coma
    Participant

I guess all the men that are not allowed to play in the women’s team but who are better than the women should sue. They have been discriminated against on grounds of sex from entering a national team representing its country. These women are paid way above their ability level.

Has your bony labyrinth heard that “Emmerdale” is airing an all female episode?

+7
    ResidentEvil7
    ResidentEvil7
    Participant

Face it, women will always find a way to complain and be victims. It’s just their crazy nature.

This is a man's world and we men must take it by the throat and make it give us everything we desire!

+8
    Uchibenkei
    uchibenkei
    Participant

Their performance has not been superior. Their results against even s~~~tier women’s teams have been superior. They couldn’t even beat 14 year old boys.

I bathe in the tears of single moms.

+5
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

That filing noted that, despite the women’s team generating nearly $20 million more revenue in 2015 than the U.S. men’s team, the women are paid about a quarter of what the men earn.

If this is true then the women are double idiots for playing at all under those conditions. If I was earning more than the women I would expect to get paid more. What a bunch of morons.

#icethemout; Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

+4
    Eric Lauder
    Eric Lauder
    Participant

They should just merge women and men’s soccer together. Men and women are EQUAL after all, RIGHT?

Bingo.

SUPREME LEADER KIM JONG-UN'S FASHION STYLIST - if you want a new look or if you're a very beautiful trans you can call me, phone number +85079255312 / mobile 01921421211. The worth of a man isn't the usefulness that women get from him. Avoiding living with a woman, a man isn't rejecting a lot of sex: he's rejecting sexual starvation. MGTOW IS TACKLING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN COMPLIANCE WITH CONVENTION OF ISTANBUL: http://www.coe.int/en/web/conventions/full-list/-/conventions/rms/090000168008482e --- Article 4, Section 4 "Special measures that are necessary to prevent and protect women from gender-based violence shall not be considered discrimination under the terms of this Convention". WHAT I LEARNT FROM A GENDER STUDIES CLASS IN LUND, SWEDEN: every time feminists accuses men of doing something, odds are likely either them or persons associated with them are doing the exact same thing but a lot worse. WHO I'M RIGHT NOW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1okpAj7Fhw Basically my former life have been a conflict between this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz_RQVkvke4 and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFIMeyTK-sU That's, more or less, all about me.

+8
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

I think this will actually be a very interesting court case to follow. The women’s team earned about 60 cents to every dollar the men’s team earned over the last four years. And you really have to pick a four year window to be fair because the two big tournaments are the World Cup and the Olympics. That said, I think the women earn about 40% as much as the men, so they are due a raise. But they signed a contract that doesn’t expire for a few more years, and they don’t want to honor that contract.

Now, to be fair the US women’s team is the best in the world, or one of the best. And the men’s team sucks. But, if the men can suck and still pull in more money, well what does that say? The women are at their peak, so theoretically there is no way for them to do any better. And the men didn’t even qualify for the World Cup. So no matter how much more money you pour into the women’s game there is no where to go but down. On the other hand, if you put more money into the men’s team it can pay off multiple times over.

In a real world business decision, you’d spend more money on the men’s team. And since the men are more athletic than the women, they put out a better product. Doesn’t the iPhone with more memory cost more because it’s a better product?

This will be an interesting case because it will pit logic vs. feelings. OF COURSE we know the women’s team isn’t a better team. But at a lower level of competition they DO better. But if that’s the case, then shouldn’t the top college men’s soccer teams sue to make the same amount of money as the women’s national team?

+4
    Bstoff
    bstoff
    Participant

I think I would pay a hellove lotta money to see an “exhibition” game between a professional men’s team vs their female counterpart to determine how much they should be paid.

Any sport.

I might cringe a lot but I would also be smiling a lot, too.
    Equality, bitches!

+9
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

This is like Class A baseball teams suing MLB for equal pay. Naw. On second thought, it’s like the Special Olympics suing the IOC for equal advertising revenue.

Once again I need to point out that the USSF does not have exclusively male teams. It has two leagues. One is a premier league that anyone can try out for but thus far only men have made the cut, and it has a sexist minor league that specifically excludes men so that less capable female players can pretend to be winners too.

If female soccer players want to be paid the same as the men, they should try out for the premier league teams.

So why don’t they?

I can think of a very easy way to settle this lawsuit.

There’s an even easier way. The USSF should counter sue the female only teams to force them to end their sexist hiring policies and permit men on their teams. Because equality. Watch how quickly they fold.

+3

Anonymous

There is probably a rational basis for paying male soccer players more, even at international level. I’m not totally sure how it works, but I’d assume the organising body receives far more income through the male players than it does the female players, in this way one can say the male players outperform the females (they bring in more money).

Not that a little thing like logic will matter.

In tennis women already get paid the same as men for doing less work. Will be the same result here.

+4
    Eyeswideopen
    Eyeswideopen
    Participant

This is going to be very simple.

Likely they will win the lawsuit as it will be deemed a sexist practice; making a social statement.
    Ultimately, this is a money making business, not a social experiment like in grade school and high school where everyone is a “winner”.

The league will simply fold across the board. Now everyone is out of a job.

- Marriage is described as an institution. You would have to be crazy to be commited to it. -"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not people or things" Albert Einstein

+3
    743 roadmaster
    743 roadmaster
    Participant

Like the Wnba, no fans at the game. No fans no money. Men’s soccer pays for the women’s team now.

mgtow is its own worst enemy- https://www.campusreform.org/

+3
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

There is probably a rational basis for paying male soccer players more

But they don’t pay male soccer players more.

They play Premier League players more, whether they are male or female.

Those players just happen to all be male because no female player has ever qualified for the Premier League.

If women players want to be paid more, then it’s on them to up their game and qualify for the premier league. But screaming and crying to big daddy government for “equal pay” for unequal play is easier.

+1

Anonymous

There is probably a rational basis for paying male soccer players more

But they don’t pay male soccer players more.
    They play Premier League players more, whether they are male or female.
    Those players just happen to all be male because no female player has ever qualified for the Premier League.
    If women players want to be paid more, then it’s on them to up their game and qualify for the premier league. But screaming and crying to big daddy government for “equal pay” for unequal play is easier.

I see no mention of the leagues – this is for international games. Surely, female international players would be playing for the highest female domestic league. Not sure how it works in the states, but women couldn’t play in the English Premier League for example, according to FIFA rules.

+3
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

Surely, female international players would be playing for the highest female domestic league.

Only because they don’t qualify for anything better.

FIFA

FIFA also has all sorts of weird rules about countries of origin and other qualifications. But they’re not suing FIFA. Oddly enough, they’re also not suing MLS. They’re suing the USSF.

And they’re suing the USSF because the NWSL doesn’t pay its players as much as MLS. That’s like Burger King fry cooks suing the USDA because they don’t make as much as McDonalds store managers.

It’s yet another example of women demanding equal outcomes for their unequal input. And it’s why women only soccer leagues keep folding in the U.S.

+2
    TaxGuy
    TaxGuy
    Participant

but women couldn’t play in the English Premier League for example, according to FIFA rules.

Point being those rules would change if you could find any women good enough to play in the Premier League. But it doesn’t matter because they aren’t good enough.

It’s yet another example of women demanding equal outcomes for their unequal input.

Well said.

+3
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

There ability to perform on the field is irrelevant to their pay. What matters is their ability to bring in revenue and their negotiating skills. Since they are bringing in the revenue (based on article) they should be negotiating for a better salary.

Now, it could be that despite the revenue, this women are easily replaced by other women who are happy with the lower pay. Or they are concerned that the employer will just decided to go without.

Really, this is nothing new in the world of sports. NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL…all have a players union to negotiate contract rules on their behalf. And it works, as the employers can’t get revenue without meeting player requests, and players can’t get paid if they don’t play. It works because both sides are willing to walk away if they can’t come to an acceptable agreement.

So why can’t women do the same? Are they afraid to walk away in a negotiation? Or do they prefer to call in the sex card and get special treatment that the men don’t get?

Ok. Then do it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.