US Women's soccer team sues for discrimination

Topic by TaxGuy

TaxGuy

Home Forums MGTOW Central US Women's soccer team sues for discrimination

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    +2
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

There ability to perform on the field is irrelevant to their pay. What matters is their ability to bring in revenue and their negotiating skills.

Precisely. All they have to do is play naked to up their advertising revenue, maybe hose down the field to make things a little muddy while they’re at it, because ain’t nobody paying to watch them actually play.

Since they are bringing in the revenue (based on article) they should be negotiating for a better salary.

But are they really bringing in the revenue? Sure they claim they are, but women claim a lot of s~~~ that simply isn’t true.

Seriously, if women’s soccer was so profitable, why do female exclusive soccer leagues keep going bankrupt?

+2
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

Precisely. All they have to do is play naked to up their advertising revenue, maybe hose down the field to make things a little muddy while they’re at it, because ain’t nobody paying to watch them actually play.

I can appreciate some women’s sports, particulary soccer and volley sports. The reason being that the game is lower with a lot more mistakes. For volley sports, the back and forth can last longer since the women can’t slam/spike/etc to where it’s practically un-returnable. It’s also getting pretty rare to see women in shape and working hard these days, so there’s that novelty.

Since they are bringing in the revenue (based on article) they should be negotiating for a better salary.

But are they really bringing in the revenue? Sure they claim they are, but women claim a lot of s~~~ that simply isn’t true.
    Seriously, if women’s soccer was so profitable, why do female exclusive soccer leagues keep going bankrupt?

For one, World Cup gets media attention, while the leagues do not. As well, World Cup is a once every 4 years event, so fans don’t have much chance to get tired of it. Leagues would require fans to get really invested in the team, season tickets. Men are not going to buy season tickets to a woman’s league, and women are too cheap and more interested in watching men play. Then there’s the fact that the level of play drops off significantly, more so than with men I’d argue, between league play and a ‘best in the nation’ world level event.

I would not be surprised at all though if the failure at the last Olympics, the bad rep of Hope Solo, and this complaints about pay is only going to lower the revenue they pull in, whatever that is.

Ok. Then do it.

+4
    Sidecar
    sidecar
    Participant

For one, World Cup gets media attention, while the leagues do not.

But even there their argument is still invalid. They are cherry picking their comparisons. I don’t care how popular the women’s teams say they were, 2015 world champions or not, I guarantee they garnered less attention than Barcelona in the real 2015 World Cup.

Also they are claiming the compensation they, themselves, negotiated for is unfair. They were the ones demanding lower, but guaranteed, pay. And like women everywhere, they are unhappy that they got what they wanted.

F~~~ them.

+2
    Forsaken
    Forsaken
    Participant

There are several solutions…some of these have already been mentioned above, some not:
    Have US men play US women. The score ratio will be the pay ratio.

Compare the annual ticket sales $ of men’s games to women’s games. The ticket sales $ ratio will be the pay ratio.
    (NOTE: You could just compare NUMBERS of tickets, a version of “attendance,” but I would bet there are PRICE differences/discounts when the women play, just to hope to get fannies in the seats. That’s why it should be on ticket $ sales.)

Compare the annual advertising sales $ of men’s games to women’s games. The sales $ ratio will be the pay ratio. To make this legit, make sure the PRICE the advertiser pays for a 30 second spot is identical for men’s games and women’s games. I bet that is also discounted to get ads for women’s games.

Finally, US SOCCER should not oversee both the men’s and women’s teams/sports…pick one gender only. Start another overseer for the other gender. In other words, have a separate “company” for each one…and pay your company’s employees whatever you want, and the other company can do what it wants.

TIDBIT: I watched a network morning “news” program with an interviewer and the two soccer women at the center of the suit. The newslady asked several expected questions, and got the predictable answers from the two soccer ladies.
    The last question: “Okay, the men are paid more, and you want your pay to be equal? [“Yes, we win and the men don’t, so we should be paid at least equal to them!!!] Well, the men are paid if they play, and not if they don’t play…whereas the women are paid a lower rate, but are all paid whether or not they actually play…do you want THAT to be just like the men, too?”
    [Hummanuh, Hummanuh, Hummanuh, uh, uh, well, we don’t need to change the WHOLE STRUCTURE.]

There’s a surprise.

+2

Anonymous

Surely, female international players would be playing for the highest female domestic league.

Only because they don’t qualify for anything better.

FIFA

FIFA also has all sorts of weird rules about countries of origin and other qualifications. But they’re not suing FIFA. Oddly enough, they’re also not suing MLS. They’re suing the USSF.
    And they’re suing the USSF because the NWSL doesn’t pay its players as much as MLS. That’s like Burger King fry cooks suing the USDA because they don’t make as much as McDonalds store managers.
    It’s yet another example of women demanding equal outcomes for their unequal input. And it’s why women only soccer leagues keep folding in the U.S.

As usual men will take up the burden. Money will be siphoned from the male league to subsidise the failing women’s leagues, so that ‘EQUALITY’ is achieved. This is how many businesses and governments run nowadays.

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

The truth is that US Women’s Soccer players would be paid more, if more fans showed up. Why don’t fans show up? Because the last time one of them took their shirt off was like 20 years ago. And when it happened, its WAS NOT the right one. If Mia Hamm had ripped off her shorts, every teenager including me at the time would have had wet dreams for 10 years and bought season tickets! Women have one thing to sell, their sex appeal… dont shoot the messenger!

Do not stand here and tell me that if a female on the US team ripped her clothes off after a successful corner kick goal…that ratings wouldnt sky rocket and save their s~~~ty league… SELL IT LADIES!

You can’t run faster than, or jump higher than, or score more than MEN so if you want anyone to care about your league and for your wages to go up, PERSEVERE another way. If men had your handicap, we’d find other ways to WIN, that is what we do. That would include maximizing sex appeal!

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

I just want to nail a Crossfit Girl LOL. Dude, they are f~~~ing hot. I hate skinny bitches but these ones aint weak. She has fitness. Its kinda hot. Shutup.

NOT FEMALE BODY BUILDERS! There is a difference! MILDLY MUSCULAR is HOT, not full on gladiator chicks, that is too much

HER LEGS CAN SNAP A DOGS NECK BRO. Look at that. Its not gay, she is FITNESS bro. Not some sissy c~~~. LOL

+3

Anonymous

NOT FEMALE BODY BUILDERS! There is a difference! MILDLY MUSCULAR is HOT, not full on gladiator chicks, that is too much

HER LEGS CAN SNAP A DOGS NECK BRO. Look at that. Its not gay, she is FITNESS bro. Not some sissy c~~~. LOL

You cuck. Lol.

I f~~~ed a cross fit woman for a while. She was more muscular than I was, should have seen her back. Impressive.

Think it would repulse me now though, I’d keep thinking “this girl looks like a man” or “this girl is trying to be a man”. Ergh.

Girls are meant to be small, soft and smell nice.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.