What is life to you?

Topic by MGTaoist

MGTaoist

Home Forums Philosophy What is life to you?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by MGTaoist  MGTaoist 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    +4
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

Is life suffering, pain, or peace, joy?

Life is all of these things. Yet it is your perception that sets your reality.

Your perception comes from your perspective. You have full control over this. It is a CHOICE. Your perspective is what you project on to the world, and that is what you PERCEIVE. Reality is like a mirror.

If you project pain and suffering, what do you think you’ll get back? That’s what you’ll perceive. It’ll then keep feeding your perspective and the cycle will continue until your death (at least).

Stick a spanner in the works and RESET your perspective. This will make you project and thus perceive life in a different way.

This isn’t ‘being fake’, because as already stated reality is not one or the other, it is ALL THINGS. It is simply taking control of your mind to better your life.

Who doesn’t want to live in more peace and happiness?

This isn’t aimed at all MGTOW, a lot of you are already there. But many are stuck.

In a way, believing that life is all bad is simply being ran by your emotive, fearful self. Just how most women live. It takes courage to rise above your basic, fearful state, which craves comfort. Rise above it and you will see it is YOU that sets everything with regards to your mind, and thus the reality you experience.

Stardusk is pretty far along the path but he is still STUCK in believing that life ‘IS’ mostly negative, and that to believe in the positive is to be ‘fake’. He’s still stuck in a POOR ME state of being. He hasn’t realised that by simply choosing to switch his perspective, he can alter his reality.

It’s like those pictures which contain two images. They are not one or the other, they are both. If you naturally see one of the depictions, you can switch your perspective to ‘see’ the other depiction. That is all it takes. That is the trick.

You will ONLY progress when you take true responsibility for your mind – what you think, and thus see, and thus feel.

You are in the driving seat, if your mind is running YOU then you either totally ego driven or insane.

And it is the ego driven and the insane that cause most of the problems in the world.

You are already enlightened, but the mind is too chaotic to realize it. 

+2
    JB Books
    JB Books
    Participant

Life is 90% how you take it and 10% how you make it.

We just don't realize life's most significant events while they're happening. Back then, I thought, "Well, there'll be other days". I didn't realize that that was the only day. - "Moonlight" Graham

+3
    Carnage
    Carnage
    Participant

To those following me, be careful, I just farted. Men those beans are killers.

+3
    Awakened
    Awakened
    Participant

Life is Temporary.

Everything comes and goes.

Death is the only permanence to your “earthly” life. As far as anything beyond this life, that’s a completely other topic.

In a World of Justin Beibers Be a Johnny Cash

+4
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

As you say, life is what you choose. I choose to be happy and peaceful and content. There will always be a chance for bad things to come your way, but you have control over your reaction to those bad things. Even with all the negative evil s~~~ that’s going on in the world today, I can still see and focus on the positive things in this world, even if it’s just watching the wild birds eat the seeds that I put out for them, or just standing in a quiet empty room enjoying the silence.

Life is wonderful. The pain and bad times are no fun, but they have always passed and gone away. I wasn’t very happy at work yesterday, but when I got home I was singing and dancing which I often do when I’m home alone. No matter what happens today, I’m looking forward to a wonderful weekend at home alone with no desire to go anywhere.

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

+3
    Narwhal
    narwhal
    Participant

Good points, and I agree when it comes to everyday life. Life does come with traumatic events that are going to provoke emotions that you will not be 100% in control of, nor should use.

You can’t just decided to be happy at divorce or the death of a love one for example. Not only is grief natural, but necessary to recover from the loss. There’s a physical aspect to it, that we must go through resetting how we go about our lives to move on. There is an absence we feel when the dog that greets us at the door with a wagging tail every day is no longer there.

Suffering is also there as a means of protecting us from repeating past mistakes again. We need it in order to learn from it. A man who does not suffer from his divorce will not learn from it and doom to marry and suffer again.

But I agree that these should be temporary, not things we should dwell on for the rest of our lives. Grieve and learn and move on. We can’t go through life constantly missing that favorite dog, or forever punish ourselves for past mistakes.

Side note: I do think some mistakes should eventually just become things that we accept about ourselves. We are human and not able to correct everything. In some cases, it’s perhaps best to give up on correcting a mistake you are prone to repeat, and instead take step to lessen the blow from these mistakes. For example, I used to have an issue with locking my keys in the car. Instead of chastising myself for the issue, I started carrying spare keys with me. It’s not even an issue anymore with my current vehicle. I also have a tendency to lose or break sunglasses. I now only get cheap sunglasses and have around a half dozen spares around.

Ok. Then do it.

+3
    Untamed
    Untamed
    Participant

Life is the energy that animates matter.
    A reality is dependent on the dimension it occupies.
    There are many dimensions hence many realities.
    Life is loaned by the Creator, who is Himself Life, to creatures in order to experience a certain reality and learn from it.
    Once a creature’s life energy is spent, that creature leaves the dimension it occupied and leaves that reality to go to another dimension to experience another reality and learns even more.

Don't let them Blame, Shame or Tame you!
    Give 'em NOTHING, not even an answer!
    #GenderSegragationNow!

+3
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

My life became more valuable to me, after I failed at taking my life.

+3
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

Life is wonderful. The pain and bad times are no fun, but they have always passed and gone away. I wasn’t very happy at work yesterday, but when I got home I was singing and dancing which I often do when I’m home alone. No matter what happens today, I’m looking forward to a wonderful weekend at home alone with no desire to go anywhere.

There goes a man who loves his home and who enjoys his own company. I love such days, weekends. No plans, ‘nothing’ to do.

+2
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

Life is the energy that animates matter.A reality is dependent on the dimension it occupies.There are many dimensions hence many realities.Life is loaned by the Creator, who is Himself Life, to creatures in order to experience a certain reality and learn from it.Once a creature’s life energy is spent, that creature leaves the dimension it occupied and leaves that reality to go to another dimension to experience another reality and learns even more.

Interesting, have you any recommendations on reading for the different dimensions you speak of?

+3
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

Some idiots on TV today were talking about “wouldn’t you choose a perfect life if you could?”. What’s a perfect life? Yeah, more money would be nice. A perfect ‘NAWALT’ and family, etc.

But really, are these enough for a man? I think the more thoughtful among us long for something deeper. Peace, true inner peace, whatever than means for you, I think is a higher state than having any number of external adornments.

+2
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

The perfect life is only possible when contrasted with misery.

You have to hurt, in order to savor joy. I’m sure some Buddhist or Jesus freak has said the same thing, right?

+2
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Humility is only possible through humiliation.

+2
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

Laughing is a form of crying

Faith is a celebration of Fear

+2
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

My life became more valuable to me, after I failed at taking my life.

I’m sorry you had to come so close but no matter, you got the appreciation of life you needed. After coming so close and being so low, isn’t the rest of life incredibly free?

+1
    MGTaoist
    MGTaoist
    Participant

The perfect life is only possible when contrasted with misery.
    You have to hurt, in order to savor joy. I’m sure some Buddhist or Jesus freak has said the same thing, right?

Indeed. For most the required perspective cannot be achieved without experiencing the opposite.

The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.

+2
    Hermit
    Hermit
    Participant

Some idiots on TV today were talking about “wouldn’t you choose a perfect life if you could?”. What’s a perfect life? Yeah, more money would be nice. A perfect ‘NAWALT’ and family, etc.
    But really, are these enough for a man? I think the more thoughtful among us long for something deeper. Peace, true inner peace, whatever than means for you, I think is a higher state than having any number of external adornments.

The only reason I want more money is so I don’t have to work for someone else and worry about not having a job to pay the bills. If I had plenty of money so I didn’t have to work for a living, well I’ve thought about it and I’d probably not do anything different than I do on the weekends or any other time I have off of work. It’d be nice to have enough money to buy stuff for my friends and family, but other than that, I believe my life is pretty good. I have a very modest home, but it keeps me in out of the weather. I have a rusty old truck, but it gets me where I need to go. I suppose the only thing between this life and a perfect is having to work for someone else.

The evil in women’s hearts leaves them no moral bounds as to inhibit them from descending to the lowest levels of darkness to acquire their self entitled desires.

+1
    Gravel Pit
    Gravel Pit
    Participant

After coming so close and being so low, isn’t the rest of life incredibly free?

F~~~ yeah it’s free and sweet as honey. My victory was like a lightening bolt. I had suffered for years. The abyss circled in on me and I was a goner.

THEN RESURRECTION.

In my first few months of sobriety and awakening, I discovered MGTOW in 2013. What a godsend (I’m a nonbeliever but I love Christian euphemisms which are eloquent and get to the point).

No longer was I a slave to alcohol or the self-harm that showed up in the midst of my last few binges.

No longer were women/sex confusing or sought after.

ALL WAS REVEALED AND I WAS HEALED

A few things ensure my well-being:

1. Sobriety
    2. Distance from Women
    3. Liberty (not being in jail)
    4. Exercise

I know what living-free feels like now and I refuse to go back.

+1
    Autolite
    Autolite
    Participant

Life?
    Is keeping fed and warm. Anything more is superfluous…

Daryll55
    Daryll55
    Participant

“Life” is all about moments in time. those moments make lasting memories, and those memories never fade away. Both of my parents are gone,yet I can remember “unique” things about them like it was yesterday.

“Life” is also what WE make of it. Whether an adventurer or introvert your life is unique to you!

Those “moments in time” make lasting memories. Try to make a few in your lifetime.

Marry again, Hell NO ! ( Even JESUS was hung on a cross just once)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.